Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Hotkeys... How to start each deck individually?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DrFagerHome userMember since 2011
Hey guys, great program first off.

Anyways, how can I make a hotkey (or perhaps they already exist) to start each deck individually? I see how to use P or Space to start and S to stop, but I need a shortcut to start each deck individually. Im trying to "chop" and I need to be able to start one deck and then start the other just slightly behind it.

Thanks in advance!

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 2:27 pm
When you are scripting commands you can localize the action to a single deck by writing "deck 1' "deck 2". Unfortunately all vdj script commands are performed immediately so to do what you have requested you would need to map 2 buttons and trigger them slightly after one another.

You also have three options for play buttons... You could use "play_pause" or "play_stop" if you want to use the same button for both actions, or you could map two buttons "play" and "pause" or "stop". eg.

deck 1 play_pause
deck 2 play
deck 2 stop

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 5:15 pm
DrFagerHome userMember since 2011
Thanks! ive got he decks set to start with the up and down arrows, very easy. But, how can I set a custom key to have the crossfaders all the way to one side? Id like to use the other arrow keys to toggle the crossfader all the way to each side.

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 7:15 pm
not really sure, but its prob

for deck 1 - "crossfader 0%"
for deck 2 - "crossfader 100%"

I think you can specify the speed it crosses in milliseconds, but again not sure, it would look like this:

"crossfader 0% 500ms"

lastly 100% may be in the middle so in that case use 200% for deck 2 and set 100% for the down arrow if you want the crossfader in the middle. You should also register you version here so you can get updates and plugins.

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 10:21 pm
Sorry, I have ADD, I can't read long replies. How do I disable the STOP hot key? It's really getting old, with music stoping two or three times a week.

Posted Fri 09 Jun 17 @ 4:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)