Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual Dj Stops Playing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have virtual dj running on a MAC with a Virtual Numark Box , M audio Exponent (as a mixer) and 1 Pioneer Cdj 1000mk2 Using Single Timecode..

For some reason virtual stops playing.. It usually happens when I go to the search bar typing another song to load on a deck...I Always seem to have to go to config and click apply OVER and OVER, and sometimes when i do this, my computer will freeze up after a while and i would have to restart my whole computer to get Virtual Dj working again until it does the same thing AGAIN..

Below Is my Config-

Inputs-- Single Timecode
Outputs-- Single Outputs
Sound Care-- Numark Virtual Vinyl

If anyone knows what the problem is PLEASE let me know..

Thanks.

Posted Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 12:06 am
kmacnyPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I am running the denon mc6000, with mac. I thought it was the RAM. I upgraded from 2 to 4gb. And seems to have made it worse. The CPU light builds up as soon as I type. DRIVES Me nuts. You hear anything on this?

Posted Sat 26 Mar 11 @ 1:18 pm
What i would do is start with a fresh install, remove all old versions and re install. IMO.
Make sure all drives etc are up to date.

Posted Sun 27 Mar 11 @ 12:40 pm
Really?? Yes it is also driving me nuts... And no i did not hear anything on this yet...

I Tried the fresh install and nothing. Im running mac so all the drivers are not necessary....Or are they????

Thanks.

Posted Sun 27 Mar 11 @ 2:49 pm

Posted Sun 27 Mar 11 @ 2:50 pm
mnouryPRO InfinityMember since 2009
electriclarry27 wrote :
I have virtual dj running on a MAC with a Virtual Numark Box , M audio Exponent (as a mixer) and 1 Pioneer Cdj 1000mk2 Using Single Timecode..

For some reason virtual stops playing.. It usually happens when I go to the search bar typing another song to load on a deck...I Always seem to have to go to config and click apply OVER and OVER, and sometimes when i do this, my computer will freeze up after a while and i would have to restart my whole computer to get Virtual Dj working again until it does the same thing AGAIN..

Below Is my Config-

Inputs-- Single Timecode
Outputs-- Single Outputs
Sound Care-- Numark Virtual Vinyl

If anyone knows what the problem is PLEASE let me know..

Thanks.

Sounds silly, but are you sure that you have space bar doing nothing as a keystroke shortcut. Used to happen to mine when I thought I was in search area, but wasn't. I would start typing then space would pause the song.

Just something else to look at.

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 11:53 am
Yes i know what your saying..... But no im afraid thats not the problem...

Thanks for the reply......

Anybody else know whats happening????

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 10:55 pm
Just for your information, I'm having the same problem. I'm using Windows 7. Also using timecode vinyl and after about 2 hours is randomly freezes... and I have to hit apply to make it work again. Another 30 minutes passes.... freeze.

Posted Wed 27 Apr 11 @ 10:40 pm
kmacnyPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I updated my RAM and turned of my wifi on my MAC. Seems to have fixed it. recently, not sure what happened but in the in middle of a party it froze completely, cutting off the music.

The latest problem I have is when I search. when I type the second character/letter in the search box the music hesitates or skips. I am stil running the LE verison that came with the MC6000, I was told once I update to full version I can set the advance search critierias, and that would fix it. Any one else have the same issue?

Posted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 10:19 am
apedjPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have the same issue.. running a registered copy of VDJ 7 (latest version).

Macbook (Dual Core, 2GB RAM)
M-Audio Connectiv
Timecode (2 1200s)
MC6000 as MIDI only

I've tried setting the Connective for inputs and MC6000 as the sound card in ADVANCED config, but it just freezes up VDJ.

Posted Sun 25 Mar 12 @ 1:53 pm
lummy01PRO InfinityMember since 2016
i run lenovo idea pad amd phernom quod core processor 2.0 4 gigs ram 1 gig dedicated ram i am getting my players stopping when i load tracks or scroll for them, the music still playing but has completely stopped on a couple of times im on the recommended skin size and have tried other sizes hope you can help im on windows 7

Posted Sun 20 Oct 13 @ 9:25 am
i am running mac os x 2.3 intel core i7 8gb, denon mc6000 virtual dj pro
no problems
i always keep wifi off during a show its known to cause freezes on my system
i also have an my ipad connected with a song ready to go on an aux channel of my denon mc 6000 just in case mac freezes i can go right to the other song. have not had to do this but its there just in case.

Posted Mon 30 Dec 13 @ 8:29 pm
I am having the same problem, I thought maybe it's time for a new Mac Pro. But it sounds like a software issue. I'm running the newest Virtual DJ 8 on a Mac, with the Denon MC6000. Once a night I will be loading a song then the spinning wheel of death. So I have to force quit the program and then reload it. After that it usually works fine, but that really sucks.

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 10:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)