Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: How can I scratch without stop the music ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

(Sorry for my english, I'm french)
How can I scratch on VDJ 7 Pro without stop the music ? I got the « DJ Control MP3 E2 » by Hercules and I can't find the perfect answer on the forum. Can you help me please ? What have I to do ? Thanks.

Posted Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 5:44 pm
What a question...

How can I dance without move ? ^^

The Answer on your question is: Just put the track on both decks...

Posted Sat 19 Feb 11 @ 2:37 am
Huuum I'm a beginner maybe you should think this question is stupid ! I got a friend who, when he is scratching on one deck with the same table, the music on this table still playing and he is scratching without 2 songs on two decks, I don't know if you see what I mean. I want the same, but thanks for your help I already test your solution.

Posted Sat 19 Feb 11 @ 3:54 pm
Don't care about what I say, I got the solution. Thanks !

Posted Sat 19 Feb 11 @ 5:00 pm

cool! ;-)

Posted Sun 20 Feb 11 @ 9:58 am
Would you please post the solution? i am really interested in it too.

Posted Mon 21 Feb 11 @ 4:10 pm
would it stop if i scratched a playing music on the numark mixdeck

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 5:11 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
the solution, seeing as people just dont seem to be giving you any "real" mature and sensible answers, is this.

play the same track in both deck 1 and deck 2.

the track plays in one deck and you sctatch over with the other deck.

even vinyl dj's play a beat or backing track and scratch over it.

unless you have the "mad skills" when it comes to scratching, youre always going to need a seperate beat and break.

try downloading some mp3 scratch samples and load these into your empty deck.

there are planty available to find on google and you will get proper samples like "fresh" "awww yeah" etc...

when you use proper scratch samples you can overlay them into any track by loading them in to your empty deck.

once your scratch is complete, you can load your next track and carry on as normal untill you need to scratch again.

with the pro version you can use decks 3 and 4 for scratching and leave your samples loaded and just switch to them as and when needed.

hope this helps.

blu

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 6:59 pm
If you are running 2 Decks, in the middle next to video it says scratch, and the arrows clone the deck you are playing and allows you to scratch the same song :) if you scratch on the vinyl you are playing it will stop the beat and all for the period of time you are scratching, but if you clone them you have the beat playing and you are scratching the same beat on a different vinyl. have fun and happy DJing :)

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 9:01 pm
coach kPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Blulite wrote :
the solution, seeing as people just dont seem to be giving you any "real" mature and sensible answers, is this.

play the same track in both deck 1 and deck 2.

the track plays in one deck and you sctatch over with the other deck.

even vinyl dj's play a beat or backing track and scratch over it.

unless you have the "mad skills" when it comes to scratching, youre always going to need a seperate beat and break.

try downloading some mp3 scratch samples and load these into your empty deck.

there are planty available to find on google and you will get proper samples like "fresh" "awww yeah" etc...

when you use proper scratch samples you can overlay them into any track by loading them in to your empty deck.

once your scratch is complete, you can load your next track and carry on as normal untill you need to scratch again.

with the pro version you can use decks 3 and 4 for scratching and leave your samples loaded and just switch to them as and when needed.

hope this helps.

blu

+1 Blulite

The best answer you'll get for your question is this one, take notes and by all means practice, practice, practice!

Posted Mon 28 Mar 11 @ 1:23 pm

Posted Mon 28 Mar 11 @ 9:24 pm
i 2nd slipmode definetly^^^^ Im sure the feature only comes with etheri serato or pioneer products tho. Its special for pioneers cdj's

Posted Sat 09 Apr 11 @ 12:57 am
My best advice, like said before, is practice. You'll find little things here and there that you like, and think sound good.

After loading the same track into both decks, and aligning them, I usually keep the crossfader to one side. I adjust the eq on the non-audible track to go for either a higher pitched scratch or a lower pitched scratch. Then it's all about throwing the crossfader back and forth while scratching, usually some kind of beat or quick pattern.

Posted Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 9:19 am
I see what your coming from all you have to do is just load both and your good i recommend the instra.

Posted Sun 12 May 13 @ 4:56 pm
This is an old post from 2011 - Slip mode is now possible in the latest VirtualDJ v7.4

Posted Sun 12 May 13 @ 5:19 pm
DjRatRHome userMember since 2010
For all you future Googlers that find this thread: You can't scratch on the MP3 E2. I took mine apart and saw how cheaply-designed the jogwheels are. The resolution of them is too low to be used for scratching. There will always be a slight pause before the music starts back up with that controller and there's nothing you can do about it. If you want to scratch properly you're gonna have to save up for either a timecode setup or a controller with motorized platters.

Posted Fri 17 May 13 @ 3:37 am
To scratch over an ongoing track just click on the 'Slip-button'' on the side of the loaded deck on which your track is playing..
@Selector Skeltor254!

Posted Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 5:25 am
dennis kibet wrote :
To scratch over an ongoing track just click on the 'Slip-button'' on the side of the loaded deck on which your track is playing..
@Selector Skeltor254!

The question is 5 years old

Posted Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 9:15 am
Please don't open old threads, thank you.

Locked by AMAHM

Posted Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 6:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)