Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: unable to see serato cates in any version of VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey i went from pc over to a mac book pro now i cant see my serato crate when i ope VDJ i tried 5.2 pro and 6 pro and i click the option to show crates but noting shows up its the same external HD i used on my PC and i had no problems. Any idea how to fix this ?

Posted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 5:19 pm
Hey..

You can try it more and more... NO.. It's a known Bug in VDJ!
Not possible at the moment with VDJ on OS X..

Greetz
Ava

Posted Wed 16 Feb 11 @ 7:56 am
thanks its just a crazy piss off

Posted Wed 16 Feb 11 @ 5:41 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
A new version of vdj.....serato crates option still there for mac, but still doesn't work. WTF...

Posted Sun 13 Mar 11 @ 11:09 am
7.03 has already some bugs, and some new bugs...
So in this time the PC user have already now the problem, that they can't see their playlist in any other folder than playlist or history...

my meaning, that 7.03 is a beta test for users.. don't install!
In mac version is a bug with a new effect if you change the parameter.. vdj quit..
So let us wait.. ;)

Posted Mon 14 Mar 11 @ 2:31 am
kev0329PRO InfinityMember since 2008
any word as to when we will be able to see our serato crates?

Posted Fri 27 May 11 @ 6:38 pm
djbiatzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
serato changed folder names from .scratchLIVE to _serato_and virtual dj looks for the old folder. the work around is making the old folder and copying the files into it so that your crates come up. whenever you make changes to your crates you will have to copy the files again into the old folder (or sync the folders like i do).

your mac will not let you make .scratchLIVE so when making the folder leave out the period and it will work.

Posted Tue 31 May 11 @ 2:49 pm
massdjsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I did exactly as you said with making the new folder then copying my crates to the new folder and still nothing shows. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Posted Sat 13 Aug 11 @ 12:22 pm
massdjs wrote :
I did exactly as you said with making the new folder then copying my crates to the new folder and still nothing shows. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

it worked like a charm for me.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 5:37 am

Posted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 12:52 pm
CESARCASTILLO - i used your blog posting to get my serato crates to show in VDJ .... THANKS for posting !!!!!

Now my only problem is all the songs in my crates come up with errors due to the filepath is being changed ... the /volumes/Harddrive/ is now missing from every song that i used. Any reason why VDJ is not recognizing the original file path ??

Posted Sat 05 May 12 @ 11:22 am
nydjpure wrote :
the /volumes/Harddrive/ is now missing from every song that i used. Any reason why VDJ is not recognizing the original file path ??

You maybe working in the wrong path. Just post your path and i will see if it is correct.

Posted Mon 07 May 12 @ 4:41 pm
Hi Good day, was any solution given for this?
I have the same issue. I got crates to show in VDJ after your procedure of creating the "ScratchLive" folders and coping everything from _serato_ folder.

All my crates are listed, but not usable. All show "error" (file doesn't exists) any thoughts as to why?
All my music is on an external drive. I scanned and added files to db search as well, nothing worked.

Any help would be appreciated.

thank you.

Posted Sun 20 Apr 14 @ 3:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Right-click on a file of a Crate and choose File Info. see the path of the file. Does it exist ? Does it have the correct Drive Letter ?
Not sure if you can edit the Crates in case your external Drive changed letter on the road, but you could assign a different one if needed.
Note, that changing the Drive Letter, wont have any impact on your VirtualDJ database, however all the Playlists you may have created recently (using the same Drive letter) may need to be corrected as well.

Posted Mon 21 Apr 14 @ 6:22 pm

Posted Wed 23 Apr 14 @ 12:49 am
Anyone??

Posted Wed 23 Apr 14 @ 2:04 pm
Well tried everything again last night and nothing. The word "Crate" doesn't even show up in my browser??

Can anyone help??

Posted Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 3:01 pm
Come on, ANYBODY???

Posted Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 2:19 pm
Clearly something was broken in the last update...... Maybe someone might wanna check into it..

This leads back to DJ CITYS thread about how people think out forums are crap!! I've asked about this since last week and not one staff/team/support member has chimed in!! And yeah I get it, everybody is probably working on 8 but we can't abandon 7 and the few problems people are having.

Posted Tue 29 Apr 14 @ 10:26 am
I know Dan it wasn't aimed at you, lol!!

Posted Tue 29 Apr 14 @ 12:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)