Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Genius DJ feature

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

quote from the website:

"If you have a Premium Membership, you can ask GeniusDJ to recommend and download new songs based on a selection of existing songs, or based on your mixing habits."

okay, so what is this feature and how do you use it? can someone please explain it to me?

there's nothing in the user manual or the forums about it, any help would be appreciated

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 5:59 pm
Simply click on the GeniusDJ icon and it will show you a list of recommended songs. This will be based on the song that you are currently playing, so as you continue your set, the songs in the list will change (To refresh, click on another folder and then back on GeniusDJ.)

You can also right-click on a folder containing songs and GeniusDJ will show you recommendations based on that folder.

To download to the cache, right-click on a song in the results and choose this option. Or hold down CTRL or SHIFT to select and cache multiple files.

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 7:10 pm
The GeniusDJ feature is simple to use -

From the left folder panel - when you are logged in to the Membership service - click on the GeniusDJ option and it will give you results on your play history.

From a folder or an individual file - you can right click and choose from the options of - Show Recommendations OR Download (Cache) Recommendations - based on the contents of the folder or the individual file.

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 7:18 pm
Is there a way to get GeniusDJ recommendations based on the current playing tack?
For me, that would be most natural and best option.

Posted Wed 04 Jul 12 @ 6:04 am
djnpdPRO InfinityMember since 2009
GeniusDJ is not working, anyone else notice this?

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 4:35 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djnpd wrote :
GeniusDJ is not working, anyone else notice this?

Netsearch is working for me but GeniusDJ is not. It was before today, showing up in the browser as well.

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 9:12 pm
HvelezPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I was told by the support team that the genius sever is being worked on and they don't know for how long .
I wonder if vdj 8 version moving soon have something to do with it.

Posted Fri 14 Sep 12 @ 10:19 pm
it says on website that songs are downloaded to top up your current folders.... I cannot see where they save!

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 7:39 pm
What Genius DJ icon? There isn't one in my file folder list. Running 7.4 Pro
Thanks
Tim

Posted Sun 24 Nov 13 @ 10:30 pm
how do i get genius dj.as i cant find it

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 2:18 pm
You mean LiveFeedBack?

I often have a giggle when I'm playing say Trance music, then a Def Leppard tune pops up as a suggestion.

Posted Sat 06 Dec 14 @ 1:43 am
Membuat dan me mixing suatu musik EDM adalah salah satu cara yang membuat hati gue tenang. Karena bagi gue musik adalah salah satu musik yang bisa membangkitkan semangat saat mendengarkan dan menghayati lagu nya

Posted Thu 11 Aug 16 @ 1:02 am
DrexaHome userMember since 2016
its still not working

Posted Fri 06 Jan 17 @ 3:50 pm
Bhai virtual dj free me Android download kaise karte hai

Posted Sun 21 Jan 18 @ 5:17 am
I would like to ask as well is there a setting to show only local files within genius dj searches?

Posted Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 5:02 am
how to download or play songs in genius dj

Posted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 5:07 pm
Genius DJ only suggests songs, it doesn't provide them for you.

Posted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 6:00 pm
genius dj is an excellent feature especially if you have comprehensive music collection spanning 50 years and have regular updates from a medium such as prom only keep up the good work !!

Posted Wed 20 Mar 19 @ 6:10 am
VirtualDj Software[Dj mohit ms Ranjhi jbp]
This Software Is Good Work

Posted Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 1:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)