Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: how do you connect a denon DN-x500 with virtual dj?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ_Cub3Home userMember since 2011
Hey im new to this dj thing, and i wanted to know do i need a denon hc4500 to use my Denon DN-x500 with virtual dj?

Posted Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 7:34 pm
DjhaykoHome userMember since 2010
Dn x 500 is the mixer you need both. the mixer will not control the software but it will work.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 6:17 pm
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The mixer does not control the software but may control the video fader. Until i bought the 6000, I used the x900 for years. I think you can connect the 500 in the same way that I did. If the the 500 has an x-control 1/8 jack in the back, you can connect that to the 4500 and your crossfader will allow you to control the video transition.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 6:52 pm
If you only want to use it as a normal external analogue audio DJ mixer (No video crossfading or MIDI control), then you do not need the HC4500. You will need VirtualDJ Basic or the full Pro and a multi-channel DJ sound card (E.g: Numark DJIO) to be able to output the decks separately to two channels of the mixer: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

However, if you wish to use the crossfader for video crossfading and also want a good MIDI controller, then you will need the DN-HC4500 with the X-control link to the mixer. The X500 (Or X900) is not capable of video crossfading without the DN-HC4500.

NOTE: To use the DN-HC4500, you will need the full VirtualDJ Pro: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

NOTE: Only the crossfader of the X500 and X900 is MIDI capable (When linked to the DN-HC4500.)

Posted Fri 21 Jan 11 @ 7:53 am
tstowerPRO InfinityMember since 2010
How do i script VDJ to make my crossfader on the x500 work with the program. Yes I do have my x-controller hooked up already to my 4500. Thanks

Posted Sat 05 Feb 11 @ 9:43 am
To enable X-control for video crossfading with the Denon X500 or X900 mixer, you need to do the following:

* Connect the X-control cable between the mixer and DN-HC4500 (This needs to be a normal stereo 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack cable.)

* Hold down the MEMO button on the the HC4500 to enter its built-in preset mode.

* Turn the parameter knob to choose X-CONT XFD

* Press the parameter knob to edit.

* Turn the parameter knob to change it to On.

* Press the parameter knob to save.

* Press MEMO to exit HC4500 preset mode.

Posted Sat 05 Feb 11 @ 1:05 pm
fuxyhauPRO InfinityMember since 2010
can i full control vdj software with dn-x300? if no, does there has other way to buy something to make it work ? b'cause i still want usefull my dn-x300 and i love it. Thk so much for help the answer.

Posted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 11:34 am
while using this setup does the crossfader act like it would on a midi crossfader I.E. a hercules 4-MX? or does it just trigger it to fade over?

Posted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 3:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)