Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark Mixtrack Pro problems. - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi all. This is probably going to sound like a really stupid set of questions but here goes.

I am trying to get started using the Mixtrack Pro with Virtual DJ LE but have got a few problems (excuse my stupidity but I'm new to this).

First question is, should I be able to hear the music from both decks playing in my headphones at the same time? At present I can only hear the deck that is cued so I am unable to try to mix as it is just jumping from one deck to the other, this happens no matter where my crossfader is positioned.

Question 2 - Can I play the sound through the speakers connected to my pc or do I need to have speakers plugged into the back of the Mixtrack Pro? If I need speakers plugged into the back of the deck then will my pc speakers work with an RCA splitter of or do I need stereo speakers?

I hope this all makes sense, any help would be amazing thanks.

Set up is as follows.

Mixtrack Pro plugged into desktop pc via USB, desktop 2.1 Pc speakers with sub plugged into soundcard at back of PC. Headphones plugged into the Mixtrack Pro.

Posted Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 9:22 am
Hi all. This is probably going to sound like a really stupid set of questions but here goes.

I am trying to get started using the Mixtrack Pro with Virtual DJ LE but have got a few problems (excuse my stupidity but I'm new to this).

First question is, should I be able to hear the music from both decks playing in my headphones at the same time? At present I can only hear the deck that is cued so I am unable to try to mix as it is just jumping from one deck to the other, this happens no matter where my crossfader is positioned.

Question 2 - Can I play the sound through the speakers connected to my pc or do I need to have speakers plugged into the back of the Mixtrack Pro? If I need speakers plugged into the back of the deck then will my pc speakers work with an RCA splitter of or do I need stereo speakers?

I hope this all makes sense, any help would be amazing thanks.

Set up is as follows.

Mixtrack Pro plugged into desktop pc via USB, desktop 2.1 Pc speakers with sub plugged into soundcard at back of PC. Headphones plugged into the Mixtrack Pro.

To answer your first question do the following :-

Load a track in Deck A, put the crossfader all the way over to the left and press play. You should hear the track playing.
Now load a track in Deck B but DO NOT touch the crossfader. Find the 'cue mix' knob and turn it all the way to the left to cue. Press the headphone button on Deck B and then start the track in Deck B and you should ONLY hear the Deck B track playing in your headphones. Beat match the tracks manually or with the sync button and when you are happy that both tracks are in time bring your crossfader to the middle position to hear the mix. Then move the crossfader across to Deck B to finish the mix. Then repeat.
I know this is a very old school way of mixing but is a good way to check all the equipment is working o.k.

To answer your second question I personally run mine through an amplifier because I prefer the sound quality and because it is easier to adjust the output levels of the Decks this way IMO. I think you might be having problems because the mixtrack pro already has a soundcard built in and may not be compatible with the other soundcard you are using but I am not certain. Maybe the one of the moderators on this site can shed a bit of light on this subject for you.

Posted Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 11:21 am
hey im having the same problem...i tried what you said but i still cant get it to work (im new at this haha). this is what im thinking/trying to do. i want to use speakers plugged into my pc, and cue up songs with my headphones thats plugged into the mixtrack pro. but i cant seem to get this to work...is this even possible just to practice? and if so, is there a special way to hook things up other than the mixtrack usb into the pc? also what should my settings be on in vdj (CONFIG tab...inputs,outputs,soundcard) currently trying headphone output and 2 soundcards but it doesnt look right being that its not working haha...ANY advice will help..thanks

Posted Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 11:39 pm
Anybody??

Posted Sat 26 Feb 11 @ 3:56 pm
If you are looking at your mixtrack pro, look up where the cue gain knob is and somewhere below that (I do not have my mixtrack pro in front of me so sorry) like 1 or 2 knobs below there is a cue mix knob, if u turn that it will allow you to hear what is being played & the deck that is being cued. Depending on how high you turn up the cue mix determines the volume of the deck that is playing through the headphones.

Posted Sat 26 Feb 11 @ 9:52 pm
Hmm. I'm having a similar problem but upon reading the manual it seems I need additional gear.

I'm trying to set up my VDJ sound set-up so that the music plays through my computer speakers and the cued track plays into my headphones that are plugged into the mixtrackpro.

My current VDJ Sound Settings are:

Input: None
Outputs Headphones: Master First Card / Headphones Second Card ((( sounds to me like i need to buy another soundcard)))
Sound Card: 2 cards // computer soundcard + MixTrackPro

If I do need a sound card, any recommendations?

Posted Sun 03 Apr 11 @ 5:19 pm
Make sure that you have plugged a pair of powered stereo speakers into the master outputs on the back of the console and your headphones into the headphone socket of the console.

Alternatively, connect a suitable cable (2x RCA to 3.5" headphone jack) from the master output of the console to the line input of your computer. The sound will then come out through the computer's speakers (If not, go to your sound card's mixer/control panel and ensure that the line input is not muted and the volume is set to an appropriate level.)

NOTE: VirtualDJ LE/Console Edition is free limited software and does not support outputting sound directly through your computer's own built-in sound card. It works with the sound card in the console only. For more flexible sound configuration options and much, much more, you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Pro: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Sun 03 Apr 11 @ 5:30 pm
Here's what I have:
-numark mixtrack pro (obviously) running VDJ LE, tried the demo, but it didn't work very well
-dell inspiron i14, core i3, win 7 64bit
-some crap headphones
-kenwood surround sound speakers (phono)

Here's the problem:
I switched to the demo version one day just to try it. I left it alone for a day or two, and then yesterday decided to do a quick mix before work. I started a song and it was at max volume no matter what knobs i turned. Everything in VDJ moved, but the sound was still the same. I also found that I couldn't cue a mix in my headphones or fade into the next track. Furthermore, once I loaded a song into the next deck, the only way to play it out would be to switch with the cue buttons next to the track selector (the ones that should put the track in my headphones). To me, it seems as though the role of the headphones and speakers have been accidentally "switched".

I tried restarting my computer. It crashed and wouldn't restart. After a system restore, I reinstalled VDJ, still nothing. I opted out of the pro demo (with only 10 days left). nothing. I suppose the reinstallation didn't really do much since it won't let me try to use the demo again ( thought maybe i could try to tweak the settings). unimportant...what i really was hoping for was a completely fresh start b/c other than this problem my computer is fine.

sorry for the lengthy explanation. Any help is greatly appreciated

Posted Sat 16 Apr 11 @ 12:26 pm
This means that your sound settings are incorrect.

Please set your sound settings (CONFIG -> Sound Setup) as follows:

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Sound card: Numark

Click APPLY.

Plug your amplified speakers into the master output on the back of the MixTrack as advised above and your headphones into the headphone socket.

Make sure that you have not disabled the crossfader in CONFIG -> Options.

Also, check the position of the headphone mix knob/slider.

Posted Sat 16 Apr 11 @ 5:52 pm
I checked all of this stuff already. also, in vdj le you can't change any settings...it happened during my trial, even though i didn't change any settings. not even a reinstall is fixing it though

Posted Sun 17 Apr 11 @ 3:39 pm
You have probably chosen settings that are incompatible with LE during the Pro trial.

Use Home FREE http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html to check and verify that the sound settings are set as above. If it is still the same, check the drop-down list next to Outputs: Headphones - This allows the master and headphone outputs to be reversed and you may have done this during the Pro trial.

Also, check the crossfader is not disabled as above.

Once everything is working, close Home FREE before the 10 minute trial of Pro features is up and go back to VirtualDJ LE.

Posted Mon 18 Apr 11 @ 5:48 am
*sigh* nevermind

Posted Tue 19 Apr 11 @ 11:13 am
radyaHome userMember since 2011
What kind of speakers can i run through my mixtrack pro?
I would also like to know if you plug it into powered speakers do i need a docking station. Or center something like that?

Posted Wed 20 Apr 11 @ 5:39 am
Any powered amplified speakers (Or separate amp + speakers) can be used.

Plug them into the master output on the back of the MixTrack Pro.

If you are using it at home then you may be able to use the aux input on your stereo hi-fi.

Posted Wed 20 Apr 11 @ 11:02 am
I just bought numark mixtrack pro and totally loved it. It is a fanastic easy unit to operate. One question though: How do I create playlists with the VDJ Le edition that comes with the unit

Posted Mon 25 Apr 11 @ 2:35 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Playlists features are not available in Limited VirtualDJ Editions. You will need to upgrade to Pro Full VirtualDJ version to get all the features you need. See the comparison page.

Please register your LE version that came bundled with your Mixtrack by editing your profile. Limited Edition users receive a significant discount by upgrading to Pro.

Posted Mon 25 Apr 11 @ 5:40 am

This is exactly my problem too. It was working perfectly for a while but this afternoon I cannot listen to my program mix. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted Wed 27 Apr 11 @ 3:24 pm
Check the position of the CUE MIX knob - This determines how much of the pre-listened deck vs the master output is heard in the headphones.

Also, make sure that your sound settings (CONFIG -> Sound Setup) are set correctly as follows:

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Sound card: Numark

Click APPLY.

Plug a pair of powered stereo speakers into the master outputs on the back of the console and your headphones into the headphone socket of the console.

Alternatively, connect a suitable cable (2x RCA to 3.5" headphone jack) from the master output of the console to the line input of your computer. The sound will then come out through the computer's speakers (If not, go to your sound card's mixer/control panel and ensure that the line input is not muted and the volume is set to an appropriate level.)

NOTE: VirtualDJ LE is free limited software and does not support outputting sound directly through your computer's own built-in sound card with headphone pre-listening. It is designed to work with the sound card in the console only. For more flexible sound configuration options and much, much more, you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Pro at a discount: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html (Enter your MixTrack Pro VirtualDJ LE serial number in the box provided on this page to receive the discount.)

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 5:48 am
I have a problem with the Cue function in Virtual DJ Pro 5.2.1 software. I can hear the Cue and Mix turntables but the sound that comes out of the speakers and the headphones is not separated.
I have gone to Settings/Sound Set-up, selected “headphones” under Output and “Mono-separated” under “Sound Cards” but the sound does not separate. The headphones and the speakers play the same thing.
I have tried different settings but same result.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Michael

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 2:00 pm
You probably have the wrong type of splitter cable.

There are two types - One which simply splits a stereo headphone signal into two stereo headphone signals for sharing headphones between two people, which is unsuitable for the mono split option in VirtualDJ. The other splits a stereo headphone signal into separate left and right outputs. This is the type of splitter that you need.

However, for best results, you should ideally use a proper DJ sound card with two STEREO outputs so that you have stereo master output and headphone sound. Suitable cards include Numark DJIO and Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ. Mono split is not recommended for live DJ gigs.

Or if you are on a budget, simply add a basic stereo USB sound card for your headphone output.

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 8:39 pm
25%