Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Windows 7 or Vista for VDJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ATphanPRO InfinityMember since 2010
If i go to 4 decks and I load a new song i peak out my CPU.

I have a Dell XPS M1330
4gb RAM
Duo Core 2.2 ghz processor

Question: is Windows 7 going to run heavier or lighter on my CPU with VDJ? I own 7 but I am reluctant to upgrade b/c with 2 decks everything is dandy.

THANKS!

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 5:37 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Go with W7...Vista is not terrible...but W7 outshines it by a mile....W7 is the best of both OS worlds, windows speaking....

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 6:14 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Definitely 7.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 8:46 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I believe that even Microsoft is trying to forget that windows vista ever existed ...

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 7:10 am
I am running Vista Ultimate 32bit with two Numark V7's & a Hercules RMX & its stable. My setup seemed to crash on W7 32bit with all versions of VDJ from V6 to present V7.0.2. My system is most stable with Vista. My backup rig is VDJ V5.07 & a Behringer BCD2000, runs Video all night at the club with Vista but crashes with W7?? Why is that? I have an ACER & a Gateway Lappy, 2gb Ram, 2GHZ processor. Windows 7 doesnt work for me on either machine. I have tried XP, Vista & W7, I have TRIPPLE BOOT LAPPY'S & have had no luck with W7.

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 7:28 pm
ATphanPRO InfinityMember since 2010
JUSTNYCE2 wrote :
I am running Vista Ultimate 32bit with two Numark V7's & a Hercules RMX & its stable. My setup seemed to crash on W7 32bit with all versions of VDJ from V6 to present V7.0.2. My system is most stable with Vista. My backup rig is VDJ V5.07 & a Behringer BCD2000, runs Video all night at the club with Vista but crashes with W7?? Why is that? I have an ACER & a Gateway Lappy, 2gb Ram, 2GHZ processor. Windows 7 doesnt work for me on either machine. I have tried XP, Vista & W7, I have TRIPPLE BOOT LAPPY'S & have had no luck with W7.

Damn yo. I was just about to install 7, literally right now, but I decided to check this thread one more time before I did. I am "DJing" the music at my friends house for NYE, maybe I will wait until after that.

Anyone else out there have problems with Windows 7 on VDJ?

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 9:03 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Although I don't have problem using Vista with VDJ, I did tried Windows 7 and never look back.
Latency on Vista is much higher compared to W7. Use DPC and see the huge difference. Take a screen shot using DPC/Vista and DPC/W7 for your future reference.
Remember, if you have high latency, you'll more likely get drop-outs on your soundcard or a problem of not been able to set your soundcard to a lower latency setting.

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 1:34 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have had both, just go with Win 7. That is all I use now because there was a big difference in performance and reliablity with Win 7.

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 5:15 am
idjnyPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Windows 7 32 bit definitely. Try Professional...

Posted Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 4:50 am
am thinking of going 64 bit win 7 with a i7 quad and ATI 1g card, anyone having issues on here with the new i7s or 64bit 7?

Posted Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 7:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)