Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: "No Internet Connection" after internet established. - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I just purchased the netsearch monthly subscription to take my game to the next level. Ive been djing for over a year without using it but I finally am playing venues with internet and am upgrading to a smartphone soon to have wifi on the go. Not only is it a tax write off, its the smart thing to do.

However I go to the internet tab, input username and pass and below the login it states "no internet connection".

After googling and grunting, groaning and messing with firewalls, anti virus and everything else that I thought could be interfering I still arrive at the same result.

It initially was in a 6.0X version, and I did upgrade to the new VDJ7 version and still the same result.

Also, when I click check for upgrades it also says "no internet connection".

Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 11 Nov 10 @ 8:24 pm
little bump, trying to resolve by tomorrow

Posted Fri 12 Nov 10 @ 5:37 pm
I type the path and I get a spybot list of hosts, I added it anyway and it says it states "cannot create the C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 9:06 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Sounds like UAC is stopping you - you'll need to either:

A) Disable UAC, or
B) Run notepad as administrator then open that file

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 10:02 am
I tried also and it didnt work how do I start notepad as administrator or where do I disable UAC?

Posted Wed 17 Nov 10 @ 9:32 pm
My workaround was only for the temporary glitch. AFAIK the problem was fixed and thus this workaround is not required.

Posted Wed 17 Nov 10 @ 9:55 pm
When was this fixed? Do i need to redownload version 7 since my program wont tell me if a new version is available?

Posted Thu 18 Nov 10 @ 1:53 pm
There was nothing wrong with the program itself; it was an internet glitch ;)

Posted Thu 18 Nov 10 @ 3:36 pm
What you talking about Willis? I just launched the program and still "no internet connection" Would be nice if the paid service they offering would actually work for the paying customers, or if they would respond to the ticket.

Posted Thu 18 Nov 10 @ 7:32 pm
It wasn't working for me when you originally posted this; it has since started working again for me. It's worked fine prior to that too. As I said, a temporary glitch.

From your gig machine can you run the following command and see if you get a result:

ping live.virtualdj.com

Posted Thu 18 Nov 10 @ 8:07 pm
Ill give it a whirl tomorrow, infinite thanks for your help on this matter.

Posted Thu 18 Nov 10 @ 11:08 pm
pinged with:

4 replies bytes=32 time=107ms ttl=55

sent 4, received 4, lost 0 average time 105

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 8:13 am
Well you can see the server is alive from your machine; if it still cannot connect it would suggest either a firewall or ISP issue I'm afraid.

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 11:43 am
You think maybe I need to forward a port, or create an exception somewhere on my machine?

I use spybot, malwarebytes and avg for security. I rarely use it to go online anymore but I used those programs and they still are active.

If you think port forwarding may be the answer, could you suggest the settings I need to use. I know HOW to forward ports, but as far as TCP/UDP settings, range start, range end type of settings would be most beneficial.

I know I have the router firewall off as well, but some programs still need to have a port forwarded such as soulseek or utorrent to operation at full potential. That being said, id be surprised if a closed port was not allowing the program to even see there was a connection, I would expect if anything to be able to connect but have limited bandwidth and functionality.

Any further suggestions or advice would be great!

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 4:19 pm
Port forwarding is for incoming connections; this is outgoing traffic so you need to make sure your firewall is allowing VDJ out.

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 11:21 pm
I am at the end of the line here, I disabled all my firewalls and closed spybot. AVG doesnt have a firewall as far as I know so i left that and didnt have any luck. The only thing running that I cant close that -might- play a role is my HP security center, but thats not like anti virus security, its more hard drive monitoring, and basic PC support/control.

I do have an error when I boot that Quick Buttons had an error and will close, I figure irrelevant but mentioned it anyway.

The last thing I tried was going into msconfig and poking around, awhile back I had a little browser hijacking browser I was trying to fix so I had tinkered in there disabling items I didnt know what they were and picked "selective startup". I checked normal start up, rebooted and the same quick buttons error popped up, and a unable to load thymm.dll or something (think that was related to the virus and removed)

So the long story short, Im 98% sure this isnt a firewall issue, I still cant get internet through VDJ and have absolutely no idea what to try next.

This is pretty important, so another question will be if a guy formats how can you preserve playlists, playcounts, id3 tags? Yes, I want to be able to netsearch badly enough that im considering this horrible, horrible idea.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 9:17 am
I am at the end of the line here, I disabled all my firewalls and closed spybot. AVG doesnt have a firewall as far as I know so i left that and didnt have any luck. The only thing running that I cant close that -might- play a role is my HP security center, but thats not like anti virus security, its more hard drive monitoring, and basic PC support/control.

I do have an error when I boot that Quick Buttons had an error and will close, I figure irrelevant but mentioned it anyway.

The last thing I tried was going into msconfig and poking around, awhile back I had a little browser hijacking browser I was trying to fix so I had tinkered in there disabling items I didnt know what they were and picked "selective startup". I checked normal start up, rebooted and the same quick buttons error popped up, and a unable to load thymm.dll or something (think that was related to the virus and removed)

So the long story short, Im 98% sure this isnt a firewall issue, I still cant get internet through VDJ and have absolutely no idea what to try next.

This is pretty important, so another question will be if a guy formats how can you preserve playlists, playcounts, id3 tags? Yes, I want to be able to netsearch badly enough that im considering this horrible, horrible idea.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 9:18 am
I just downloaded VDJ Pro to my non DJ machine that I just built. Its a win 7 pc, quad core, etc a good machine and the only anti virus im running is avg and my firewall is disabled.

What the heck is going on =(

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 7:41 pm
djmatteo2 wrote :
I just downloaded VDJ Pro to my non DJ machine that I just built. Its a win 7 pc, quad core, etc a good machine and the only anti virus im running is avg and my firewall is disabled.

What the heck is going on =(

I failed to mention, that on this new PC with less anti virus that the same issue is going on.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 12:38 am
Is it possible your ISP is blocking the connection?

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 5:46 am
51%