Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to connect two CDJ2000 with Virtual DJ 7 ? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djsalviPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello, I need help on how to connect my 2 pioneer cdj2000 to virtual DJ 7, the menu has changed. Every time I try to setup sound it goes through the same channel... How can I setup up each CDJ2000 to a different output ?

I tried going back to version 6.12 but the config menu will not go back to the old menu. Also every time I open Virtual DJ 6.12 a popup menu tells me that my Pioneer firmware needs to be updated. Yet I have the latest version.

Hoping for a prompt answer as I have a gig this Saturday (Oct. 23rd).

Thank you all for your help.

Posted Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 10:34 pm
I'm guessing that you want to use the CDJs as USB MIDI controllers and sound cards, yes?

Without having done this myself, I'd say that you will probably need to set each CDJ to a different MIDI channel for starters.

Make sure you've installed the Pioneer ASIO & MIDI drivers.

Then when you run VDJ it should be aware that there are two controllers/sound cards connected. How they will be labelled I don't know - check the CDJ2000 manual.

If for example they are labelled CDJ-2000 1 and CDJ-2000 2, then you'll need to set VDJ to 'external mixer' mode then assign one deck to CDJ #1 and the other deck to CDJ #2.

Posted Sat 23 Oct 10 @ 4:05 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No ... the units are HID and you do not set them up that way ....

First - make sure you have that last ASIO drivers from Pioneer. With the drivers properly installed they will automatically combine the units into a 4-out sound card. So all you have to do is use the basic Sound card configuration options as follows:

Inputs - None
Outputs - External Mixer - Deck 1 Chan 1&2 / Deck 2 Chan 3&4
Sound card - ASIO - and select the Pioneer ASIO drivers from the drop-down

Second - go into UTILITY mode by holding the INFO button down for about 3-4 seconds. Scroll through the options to the HID mode option and put the units in Advanced HID mode. (see the CDJ instructions for more detailed steps if needed)

Third - now, put the units link LINK mode by pressing the LINK button followed by pressing the Track Browse button.

Using VirtualDJ 7 - go to the Config -> Mappers tab and click on the button to the right of the controller drop-down. You will find a Deck Assignment option. For the 2 Deck skin setup - just make sure the CDJ-2000s are both on Default. Close the dialog.

Now, look at the CDJ displays and specifically the TRACK numbers - your left deck should show Track 01 and right deck 02 - if not, simply press the EJECT button to swap the deck assignments.

Just FYI, the reason you get the 'firmware upgrade' message in 6.1.2 was because your units are using the Standard HID mode - which I had you change above in the 2nd step.

Posted Sat 23 Oct 10 @ 11:57 am
Hello Cstoll,

For me , with VDJ 7 & 2 CDJ-2000, the 2 sound cards work well.

But as controllers, the 2 CDJs are in track 2, and if i press eject... the 2 units are in track 1 !!

So, how can i invert only one controller ?

Thanks in advance,

Posted Sun 24 Oct 10 @ 9:27 am
You have done wrong setup.

You should go to config and in the sound tab select advanced config as output.

It should look like this :)

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 4:07 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No. Do the setup as I stated. Do not do it as a 2 card setup and do not use the advance config if you are only setting up the two (2) CDJs.

And you didn't follow my steps if both units are deck 2. Go to the mapper tab and assign one unit to deck 1. Read my post again.

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 10:33 pm
I have sorta the same problem but I am using a macbook pro... What would the settings be..?

Posted Sun 12 Dec 10 @ 8:41 pm
Hello Guys,
My set with 2 x Pioneer cdj-2000 and Virtual Dj works perfectly.
Yesterday i tried the same thing as you explaint and i get the same problem when i changed my settings.
Just reset the virtual DJ software in the manufacter settings en rsetart again the pc.
Install the following options : Input none, external mixer, pioneer asio driver and everything works perfectly.
In my setup i work with the latest Pioneer firmware 3.20 and the latest version of Virtual Dj Pro.
By pressing the eject key you can change the two players. Don't forget to set the Pioneers cdj's in advanced HID mode.
You have even the covers of the mp3 numbers on the pioneer display
Grts
Frank

Posted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 1:25 pm
This is a photgraph of my set Pioneers cdj-2000 with virtual Dj (Pioneer pro skin)
Grts Frank

Posted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 1:30 pm
DJL79PRO InfinityMember since 2009
guys please help me..i have cdj2000,latest mac book pro,lvdj7.0.2
everything works perfect when i use cdjs as midi controlles..but when i want to play music etc from cd (disc button) , when i press the disc button the cdj goes to cd player mode and then .virtual dj screen stucks!!!!!!!! but when you press again link button connect again with virtual and everything ok..
i mean......... you can not play one deck with virtual and the other deck with cd or usb stick...
please help me..NOTICE IN PC EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECT..
but with mac you cannot switch from vdj to disc or usb mode without screen stuck,,,

Posted Sat 29 Jan 11 @ 8:22 am
DJL79PRO InfinityMember since 2009
vasiliadis wrote :
everything works perfect when i use cdjs as midi controlles..but when i want to play music etc from cd (disc button) , when i press the disc button the cdj goes to cd player mode and then .virtual dj screen stucks!!!!!!!! but when you press again link button connect again with virtual and everything ok..
i mean......... you can not play one deck with virtual and the other deck with cd or usb stick...
but with mac you cannot switch from vdj to disc or usb mode without screen stuck,,,

SAME HAPPENS TO PC IN WIN 7...:-(

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 12:56 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Frank that set looks perfect, and you use the best skin !

Would you like to change anything on that skin ?

Posted Fri 07 Oct 11 @ 12:15 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
vasiliadis wrote :

KING, u can.
let me hook up my decks and ill try and guide ya through it

Posted Mon 17 Oct 11 @ 4:22 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
vas, i just tried and nothing happened to vdj, i kept playing. i suggest you un install and use the registry tool and start fresh AND update ur decks, after that it should b plug and play.

here is the registry tool

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/2170/Registry_Tool.html

ifur not sure how to use it just ask the MODS

Posted Mon 17 Oct 11 @ 6:19 am
Hey guys i downloaded the pioneer cdj2000 .. an I was messing around to see how to work it an I accidently click on some thing an now my program is locked! I need help .. to no what to do! ASAP

Posted Wed 20 Feb 13 @ 8:32 am
i need help. i have installed the driver and asio for cdj2000 but when i plug them in windows 7 is showing that the cdj's are plugged in but they have exclamation marks on them and the drivers are not installed properly for them. I have clicked and searched for drivers and tried everything uninstal;ling re installing etc. any one else had this problem at all ?

Posted Mon 18 Mar 13 @ 6:10 pm
i have got my CDJ2000 (nexus's) working (using the steps above), they both work fine (play, pause, pitch control etc....) the only issue im having is my volume faders on my DJM 2000, i can not control my channel volume faders. anyone know how to enable this??? as its really annoying to try and record!! :P

Posted Wed 24 Apr 13 @ 8:41 am

Posted Wed 24 Apr 13 @ 10:40 am
Hi guys, I have the CDJ 2000 & DJM 2000 set up. Im trying to connect them to VDJ pro 7 on windows 8. However I keep getting an error message saying "Error in the ASIO sound driver: Your soundcard is probably not connected, or the settings are incorrect." So I get no sound through my speakers at all. I have downloaded all the latest drivers, set everything up as stated above but still nothing :( Can anyone help me???

Posted Thu 25 Apr 13 @ 9:59 am
Hi

I just bought 2 CDJ 2000 nexus, and I havn´t tried to plug it in to my VDJ 7,4 yet.

Do the CDJ´s have the same problem as Denon Dn-s3700, that if I´m playning a song connected to VDJ and then choose to play a song from USB stick on the player, the VDJ krashes because the soundcard is missing(disabled on the player..)?

I hade to use external soundcard to be able to switch between VDJ and USB/CD.

Posted Fri 27 Sep 13 @ 8:13 am
83%