Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: streaming over the internet

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

raven1PRO InfinityMember since 2008

I use Virtual DJ with my broadcast and I got everything set up and working. The only thing is when I check the Shoutcast DNAS stats it says Server Status: Server is currently up and private.
When I use Winamp, OR SAM BROADCASTER it says Server Status: Server is currently up and public. Station seems to be working ok with both however. I need to be public when using vdj I see no where in Virtual DJ to change this to public. Call me dumb but this is the first time I have attempted this. I have read Virtual DJ's guide cover to cover and it says nothing about public or private server or how to change it. to public, is it sumthing to do with the host files?
any help would be great.

I see sum post on the forum about using host files and pointing them two shout cast. But what ips?

Both my Shoutcast DNAS are hosted on the web not on my local pc

Question-2: the Stream URL: is stated as "http://www.virtualdj.com/" while advertising Virtual may be good for Sales, having my Own Website here would be much better for my Listeners. How do I change it? I can’t find anything in the VDJ Settings, Perhaps I am missing something

Posted Fri 01 Oct 10 @ 5:08 pm
spc5000PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I use VDJ for 100% streaming at present and have done so for 3 years. My connection to says "private" in shoutcast but I believe it makes no difference to the end user, just ignore. get a friend to test on their media player, if they can hear your stream then your good to go.

The url cant be removed, even with the registry editor. I tried a registry search manually but it's not there either, so again, just ignore.

Posted Sat 02 Oct 10 @ 11:41 am
VDJ used to work fine for me when streaming then two weeks ago it simply stopped and wont work, It shows as "private" and cannot be heard. It used to work fine and I have not changed a thing!!

Winamp and SAM broadcaster both work fine

I have had a few emails with VDJ themselves but no one seems to understand the question being asked or the issue so far.

Posted Sun 21 Dec 14 @ 11:30 am
We have had a lot of updates and even a total rebuild of the software since 2010. This post is too old, and you should have just started a new thread. I would suggest that you continue with support, on this issue.

Posted Mon 22 Dec 14 @ 2:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)