Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My setup is Intel Core i3, Windows 7 64 bit, Dac 3, DN-X500, Gigaport HD. Finding that I get a very faint 'crackle' on the sound, like there is a bit of 'noise' (sorry, its difficult to explain but the sound is not perfectly clean). Its most noticeable listening through headphones on quiet sections of the music.

On the ESI settings it is set to factory settings which defaults to a latency of 256, sample rate 44100hz (16bit) 8 channel.

On the VDJ settings I have set latency to auto, and the safe mode and overclock are both unchecked. Sound card is set to Asio Driver 2.0 Gigaport, and ultra latency asio is unchecked.

Any ideas?

Posted Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 5:52 pm
Anybody help with this? Played out tonight, got a significant improvement by checking the safe mode and overclock boxes. Still not perfect though.

Anything to do with the Asio drivers? I downloaded the current drivers from the ESI website...

Posted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 6:37 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Try changing the default ASIO buffer size , one step at a time, then try VDJ again and pay attention if the problem is still present and get worst or better. Modify until you find the correct setting for your computer.

This guide may also be of some help:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

Posted Thu 16 Sep 10 @ 6:16 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Hello mate,

Try bumping up the latency a little bit in the ESI control panel and see if that helps.

It's also worth running DPC latency checker to see if your system is running as smoothly as it can.

I'll head to work a little early if you want me to come round and check things out for you tomorrow - let me know.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Thu 16 Sep 10 @ 2:33 pm
Cheers Phatso, have changed a few things as per your link and have seen an improvement :)

Scott, have texted you fella.

Posted Fri 17 Sep 10 @ 5:31 am
hi anyone knows how to activate my sounds output in my virtual dj using wego 3,,thanks!

Posted Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 1:21 pm
rahemaasmirandah wrote :
hi anyone knows how to activate my sounds output in my virtual dj using wego 3,,thanks!

You need a license to use VDJ with a controller
You should also make a new thread for your question. This one is from 2010, so it's from several major VDJ releases ago

Posted Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 3:39 pm
I've recently purchased 7.4.7 pro (I was using PCDJ VJ 5 on XP Pentium4).

I've used the software straight from download with out making any adjustments.

I've noticed that the sound quality is good, but the level seems to sway up and down as if there's a compressor limiter type of effect, do I need to adjust anything?

I'm running Windows 10 Home on an HP laptop AMD A10-9620P Radeon R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G 2.50Ghz, 8.00 GB RAM, x64

Many thanks - Guy

Posted Tue 03 Oct 17 @ 10:32 am
Must be hitting the limiter.

Posted Tue 03 Oct 17 @ 11:54 am
Hi I'm running vd8 on Windows xp as it states it will run on that but getting terrible distortion through the speakers headphones etc
Then all if sudden a message pops up saying found correct sound setting and it's perfect as soon as I load another track it happens again I've tried it on 2 laptops running xp and it's the same on both can anybody help please.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 11:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)