Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Hi Guys, Using a MacBook, whats tip do you have on.......

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

- Tweaking out my macbook to to get better video mixing and not overload the CPU

im using a macbook 13', 2GB ram (maxed out) 320 hard drive, 2ghz Intel Core Duo

when mixing video on the VMS4 im getting pops/clicks/stutters when the video is being mixed-in and crossfader is in the middle, in the mix...

what can i do to tweak out my mac to make it perform better?? any special tweaks on VDJ i can use, maybe turn some stuff off on my mac or VDJ??

thanks for any help fellas!!

Posted Wed 01 Sep 10 @ 3:25 pm
pops/clicks says you've got your sound card latency too low. Go to the ASIO control panel for the sound card and raise the latency a bit and try again. By the way, in vdj, under "performances" settings, the latency should be set to "auto".

Hope that helps.

Posted Sun 12 Sep 10 @ 5:26 pm
will give it a shot, thanks so much for you response andy, im new to VDJ so any help is much appreciated

Posted Fri 24 Sep 10 @ 6:50 pm
where might i find the ASIO sound card setting on the mac??

Posted Fri 24 Sep 10 @ 7:05 pm
ASIO is for PC. Use Audio MIDI Setup (Apps>Utilities) Make sure you are on Audio Devices tab and select your device under "properties for". May or may not help though as that is the audio side of things.

Do the obvious stuff like making sure no other apps are working and disable your wifi so your computer can focus completely on VDJ

Maybe even put the videos on an external drive so your internal hard drive can focus on the application. Its all about the RAM though. If your MacBook is maxed out at 2GBs it is old and may not be able to perform. Mac is dropping support for Power PC shortly so an upgrade is unavoidable....

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 2:29 am
Dang, just noticed you had an intel. Its not maxed out at 2gb of RAM. You should be able to do 4

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 2:30 am
while we're on the topic, I too am having problems playing video's on my desktop.

Wont play on my laptop but that's cuss it's an ee-pc.

Anywho I've got Intel Pentium 4 at 3.2 GHz along with 3 Gigs ram
The graphics card, ommiting the stock one, is NVIDIA GeForce 9500 with 1 gig graphics mem
Two sound cards, the one I have installed is a Sound Blaster 5.1 card.

I'm playing all music/videos off an external HD but my computer still struggles to load or even play tracks (cpu reading 100%)

any ideas??

Also I'm wanting to upgrade my laptop to a Mac, but which one would be a wise choice for Video DJing??

cheers

Posted Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 8:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)