Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Core and Asio drivers for the SL3 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm not a fanatic, just a user, so, I won't start a debate about better software, the best is the one the meet your needs.

The 64bit drivers works fine, BUT, The software that CALLS Asio, is the ONE that needs to handle the 32 or 64 bit drivers.

Instead of blaming X or Y company, let's hear about this from the Atomix Staff.

Posted Wed 01 Dec 10 @ 8:59 am
Well, Denon just released the firmware upgrade to the x1700, which, some of the changes is the capability of DVS.

although, I never intended to use VDJ with timecode using the SL3, I wanted to use it as an audio interface, instead of the ASIO-Midi from the Denon 3700's.

Now I can try the Hybrid mode of the 3700 with the DVS capability of the 1700...cool.

Still, I want to know, if the SL3 Asio 64 bit driver can't be used because of the software handling. I want to know how it works with VDJ.

Posted Wed 01 Dec 10 @ 9:48 am
superjPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Card Works great with vdj on windows 32 bit systems. But on 64 bit systems vdj does not see the sl3, even tho it has been installed correctly & u can access the rane control panel. I was just looking for any suggestions on how to get this to work wit vdj on win 64. i hit up rane and they said the card and drivers were set up right and any audio program should see it fine..........win 64 is very frustrating!

Posted Wed 01 Dec 10 @ 12:10 pm
So I tried 32bit ASIO driver for SL3 on Toshiba netbook and CPU load is so high that it's totally unusable.

On Serato forum guy said that 64bit driver will work with programs that support 64bit ASIO drivers (maybe Cubase 64bit?). VDJ and Traktor do not support 64bit ASIO drivers (correct me if I'm wrong). And 32bit driver WILL NOT work in 64bit OS.

This is strange since I have many sound cards with old 32bit drivers and they all work in 64bit OS.

Posted Thu 02 Dec 10 @ 5:08 pm

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 9:47 am
I wonder if we'll be able to use the 2 USB ports on the SL4?? I'm gettin rid of my SL3 and goin for the SL4......................

Huey

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 11:24 am
Well based on Serato info the Asio drivers will only be working for the SL4
Quote :

Teamed with low-latency ASIO and Core Audio drivers, the Rane SL 4 can also be used as a high-grade studio production tool with multiple third party software applications.

Oswald

Posted Sun 16 Jan 11 @ 10:55 pm
I also tried 32bit ASIO driver for SL3 on Apple Macbook Pro and it wasn't good. Very high CPU usage (over 60% all the time) and it made VDJ crash in the club. So this sound card is not recommended for VDJ. I'm not sure if SL4 will be any better.

That's funny. They made 64bit driver that works only with 64bit programs, like no one ever use 32bit programs in 64bit OS. I think Serato (or Rane) made this on purpose so VDJ and Traktor wouldn't work. Is Serato a 32bit or 64bit program?

Posted Mon 17 Jan 11 @ 5:16 am
Serato is 64 bit software, OTS AV is also 64 bit , well Virtual DJ is yet to become 64 bit, maybe sometime in the future.
You are correct the Asio software does overload your CPU , I tried it on a desktop and on a laptop in 32 bit using Virtual DJ and it was no
good.
We would have to wait for the SL4 to try it out, you can always take your laptop to the DJ store and test it out before purchase.
Oswald

Posted Mon 17 Jan 11 @ 12:35 pm
Has anyone figured out how to get windows 7 64 bit to recognize the SL-3 or is the answer it won't?

If it doesn't work does anyone have any recommendations for a asio sound card that will work with windows 7 64 bit and VDJ7? I heard the Audio 8 was excellent but it has been discontinued.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 3:26 am
But you can buy new Audio6 or Audio10. Also if some equipment is discontinued that doesn't mean you can't buy and use it. I have some great gear that is discontinued and I love it.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 4:15 am
lcmxr6PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I own the audio 8. Sound quality is superb. The only thing I don't like about it is the extra NI cables it has to use. Too much clutter for me. Aesthetics aside though its solid.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 7:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)