Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Novation Dicer midi controller [Def & Mapper now available] - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The syntax is volume not level for the decks.

Plus the way your syntax is written it will only work on which ever deck is selected by the PFL button. So you will need to make a set for left deck and a set for right deck.

As for your other question about the toggle - you will need most likely need to use something like ->
hot_cue 1 ? hot_cue 1 : set_cue 1

and assign the LED for illumination to
hot_cue 1

Again this is also PFL dependent - so if you want exclusive control over both decks you will need to duplicate this for both left and right decks - for example : (left) deck 1 hot_cue 1 ? deck 1 hot_cue 1 : deck 1 set_cue 1 and (right) deck 2 hot_cue 1 ? deck 2 hot_cue 1 : deck 2 set_cue 1

Posted Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 12:20 pm

Posted Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 12:23 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
dannyboy2005 wrote :
The loop roll would be a cool addition to VDJ (VDJ7 Maybe?)

Type the script out just using a keyboard FIRST!! remember your using VDJ not Serato..................you seem to always wanna compare the 2, just saying. Try that script I think it'll work for you. You can change the length by changing the "%".

Button 1 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 85%"

Button 2 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 75%"

Button 3 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 65%"

Button 4 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 35%"

Button 5 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 10%"

Huey

PS. DONT FORGET TO DOWNLOAD THE EFFECT.......................

I'm sorry if i come across like that, it seems Virtual DJ is so customizable but want everything to be as simple like Serato.

I'll try the Script.

Thank you!

Posted Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 12:51 pm
@Cstoll,

Yes I screwed up again, thanks for posting the link.

Huey

Posted Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 12:54 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
dannyboy2005 wrote :
The loop roll would be a cool addition to VDJ (VDJ7 Maybe?)

Type the script out just using a keyboard FIRST!! remember your using VDJ not Serato..................you seem to always wanna compare the 2, just saying. Try that script I think it'll work for you. You can change the length by changing the "%".

Button 1 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 85%"

Button 2 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 75%"

Button 3 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 65%"

Button 4 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 35%"

Button 5 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 10%"

Huey

PS. DONT FORGET TO DOWNLOAD THE EFFECT.......................

Good work Huey

One thing i have noticed, it doesn't quite loop roll on the beat that you press sometimes, it skips forward half a beat or so sometimes while looping.

Thank You.
Dan

Edit: As someone else has mentioned earlier, it only loop rolls on the deck that is active by the PFL. Would there be a way that we don't need to select the deck?

Posted Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 1:03 pm
dannyboy2005 wrote :
Would there be a way that we don't need to select the deck?

I noticed that also, have tried to get rid of it but havent found a way yet.
Just add "Deck 1" and "Deck 2"

Huey

Posted Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 1:15 pm
dannyboy2005 wrote :

Edit: As someone else has mentioned earlier, it only loop rolls on the deck that is active by the PFL. Would there be a way that we don't need to select the deck?

I gave you the script that you will need --- deck 1 or deck 2 preceding the actions

Posted Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 1:16 pm
cstoll wrote :
The syntax is volume not level for the decks.

Plus the way your syntax is written it will only work on which ever deck is selected by the PFL button. So you will need to make a set for left deck and a set for right deck.

As for your other question about the toggle - you will need most likely need to use something like ->
hot_cue 1 ? hot_cue 1 : set_cue 1

and assign the LED for illumination to
hot_cue 1

Again this is also PFL dependent - so if you want exclusive control over both decks you will need to duplicate this for both left and right decks - for example : (left) deck 1 hot_cue 1 ? deck 1 hot_cue 1 : deck 1 set_cue 1 and (right) deck 2 hot_cue 1 ? deck 2 hot_cue 1 : deck 2 set_cue 1

Cstoll

I copied and pasted your example (As i have no honest idea what i am doing here, its like giving 1 red buttons 2 commands)

I have tried the above code by Huey and its great.

I loaded a song onto both decks and i was able to control both decks with rolling loop without changing which deck i want active.

The way these dicers work is quite clever. There connected to each other and from the main one (Left dicer) it is fed into the USB port of the computer. With virtual Dj, it knows which one is left deck and which one is for the right deck. I don't know if this is something to do with VDJ or some clever programming within the dicer to work with mapping? I have no idea.

Posted Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 1:17 pm
It's clever because you purchased a pair ... I thought you only had one. I am not familiar with the product other than what I have seen online. Sorry for the mis-guidance. But, sure if there are 2 then that is why you don't need to do the deck 1 or deck 2 stuff.

So, for the hot cue thing you would not need the deck 1/deck 2 statements - only -> hot_cue 1 <- since hot_cue sets the cue point if there isn't one and jumps to the cue point if there is already one. Also assign the appropriate LED entry with hot_cue 1 - then the LED will illuminate when the hot cue is set - otherwise off when not there.

I think I need to read back through the post though - as I think cioce had some problems with making the LEDs work properly. hmmm :p

Posted Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 1:44 pm
i've not had much time to sort it out over the last few days. This evening i'll try for cue point #1 "hot_cue 1 led on & play_cue 1 led off"

I need to sort this out and it can be published. I'll obviously mention its a group of members who designed it, not just me, thats selfish.

Posted Wed 08 Sep 10 @ 8:22 am
I wanna know can you get the same effect from Virtual Dj with the novation Dicers the you get with Serato?

Posted Tue 05 Jul 11 @ 12:26 am
Could you elaborate a bit? That statement is a little vague. What kind of 'effect' are you looking to get in comparison to Serato?

Posted Tue 05 Jul 11 @ 11:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)