Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: What do you use for your oldies music? IE: 1950's, 1960's music

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When it comes to 70's, 80's and 90's..
I've been able to aquire lots of videos for those era's..

I don't play a lot of 50's and 60's music but I do have a few mixes I do on a constant basis..

I'm trying to figure out what would be a good thing to use for videos?
any suggestions?

I've used the sonique plug in lots... but dont want to over use it..
I've thought of using Jive dancers type videos but havent found too much appropriate yet..

Posted Wed 14 Jul 10 @ 2:51 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
You can't go wrong with the Beatles and the Beach Boys. No mixing, no blending. Set 'em up, let 'em play, enjoy watching the crowd dance. And, those who are not dancing are tapping their toes.....

Posted Wed 14 Jul 10 @ 9:10 pm
there are tons of archived videos and movies of 50's and 60's swing, pop, rock, etc. available on dvd's and even youtube - not that i would use the youtube except as reference- the trick is finding them and clearing for legal usage.
american bandstand, hullabaloo, 50's and 60's teen B-movies with dance scenes, old Ed Sullivan Show clips - look em up on youtube first then see if you can find dvd's.
this guy kinda did something like that i guess... was fun to watch

[youtube]1yry980XFdw&[/youtube]

and for some real old old old school swing.. check out the 1941 movie "Hellzapoppin'"

Posted Thu 15 Jul 10 @ 9:46 am
I like the movie idea the best.. finding the clips that would work good will probably take years though :-)

Posted Thu 22 Jul 10 @ 9:18 am
not necessarily - use wiki to search for movies that have the kind of dancing you're looking for, or see if local library has archives that you can search through and hope they have digital that you can fast forward through. the u.s. library of congress website has a massive digital library available online that could be helpful in tracking down some items.
i'll keep diggin for resources and if i find some really good ones will forward them along.

Posted Thu 22 Jul 10 @ 10:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)