Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vestax Typhoon and VDJ - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

HerbalHome userMember since 2010
can you please tell me what you have mapped for the jogwheels??
everything is wirking except of the jogwheels and the lights on the buttons!

that would be a great help, thanks...

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 9:02 am
Sorry, the Typhoon is not supported by VirtualDJ yet.

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 9:43 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
How does the mic and headphones work on Typhoon? I looked at the mapper of Vestax Spin, and I couldn't find mic volume, headphone volume or headphone mix assigned. How does it work?

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 11:37 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Another question: Is it possible to use mic while music is playing? This is the main drawback of the vci-300 I currently have. Typhoon size is 2/3 of vci-300 and I'm looking for a smaller unit for smaller gigs.

Posted Fri 13 Aug 10 @ 4:16 am
Sorry, the mic on these controllers is not currently supported.

This should be supported in a future version of VirtualDJ.

Also, as already posted above the Typhoon is not supported yet by VirtualDJ as a controller.

Posted Fri 13 Aug 10 @ 10:08 am
I will def buy VDJ pro when it fully works with this controller.

Posted Sun 22 Aug 10 @ 11:43 am
My friend has just purchased a typhoon too but finds my vdj le software much better and wants to purchase the full vdj to use.
is there any more info on a timescale for support of this controller?
many thanks

Posted Tue 21 Sep 10 @ 11:32 am
looks like its coming !!!!!!!! theres pics of a virtual dj typhoon on the vestax page !!!! typhoon skin too ;) am i allowed to post the url here mods?

Posted Thu 07 Oct 10 @ 1:20 pm
Cool :) Must be supported in 7. I used it on the Vestax stand at BPM last weekend (with VDJ) - i didn't think to look to see if it was version 7 or if it was just midi-mapped under 6. It wasn't that Typhoon skin though but I thought it worked well. Bought a Typhoon then :)

Posted Sat 09 Oct 10 @ 3:39 am
Hopefully there'll be away for people who bought the pretty much useless typhoon with kraptor le to change over to virtual dj 7 le with out having to spend any more money ...Take note vestax!!!!!!

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 1:29 am
num1maHome userMember since 2010
I don't know when Version 7 came out but is Typhoon working on it? Also will the Automix work on this? I bought my typhoon a week ago and thought it came with VDJ but asked in shop and they said traktor - shame..

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 8:09 pm

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 4:55 am
Re - Typhoon - Do I need to install any additional drivers? Sound is coming out of laptop and not through typhoon: sound setup on Mac: Inputs: None, Outputs: single output; souncard simple Typhoon DJ-contoller

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 6:12 am
dont worry about that last question I was just being a monghole - had to plug the jack in!!!! - Didn't get much sleep last night is my excuse! Works Great Just checking features out now...

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 6:24 am
Another question I have is if I buy and download the software do i get a windows and mac version? I have a windows PC and a new mac so would preferably like to have them on both is this possible?

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 8:15 am
So what about the people that have purchased the typhoon pre vdj7 and the vdj le for typhoon can they get a swap of software to vdj le for typhoon rather then use traktor? it may bring more pro users in ?, My friends typhoon has NOT worked at all on traktor on every pc we have tried.. today we have downloaded vdj home trial and have had it set up and working in 10 minutes..he is in the process of complaing to Vestax about the useless traktor le supplied to see if they will supply the vdj 7 le for the typhoon free of charge as it is USELESS...and spending another £200 on vdj pro to make the unit work is not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Virtual dj is the way to go !

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 2:37 pm
TeeseeLE userMember since 2010
what about those people that have purchased the typhoon pre vdj7, like me i bought mine last Thursday , can they get a swap of software to vdj 7 for typhoon to replace traktor? Tractor sucks. MY friend has VDJ 6 with a pair of DNS 1200 and it rocks.so i wantes a portable player with VDJ and was told it has VDJ, sad to find out it has the D** software. So can U'll honor this by updating ours especially for recent buyers of typhoon..... Thanks

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 12:49 pm
num1ma wrote :
Another question I have is if I buy and download the software do i get a windows and mac version?

If you purchase VirtualDJ Pro, you will get both the PC and Mac version.

The End User License Agreement (EULA) allows you to have the software installed on up to two computers at any one time, providing that they are both for your own personal use and will not be used simultaneously (E.g: Second installation as a backup or for practising at home is OK, allowing a friend or another DJ to use it is NOT allowed.)

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 3:31 am
If your Typhoon came with Traktor LE, then unfortunately you will not be able to swap the software for VirtualDJ LE. VirtualDJ LE is only included with new hardware and is not available to purchase separately.

If it is not working with Traktor, then your only option would be to return it back to the store for refund, then purchase a new one when it becomes available with VirtualDJ. However, if you have registered the Traktor software, you may not be able to return it.

Otherwise you would need to purchase VirtualDJ Pro: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 3:39 am
74%