Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: how to cut parts out of tracks? - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You need to address those concerns to the developer of the plugin, which is djcel on the top link..

Good Luck,

Joey...

Posted Mon 16 May 11 @ 8:02 pm
Yeah I have Huey, there is two links in my post, the second is where I sort of got it to work... you need to move the dll into the sound effects folder with the other sound effects as it has made its own folder which vdj7 doesn't recognise. Its not very stable though, and its not very smart when it comes to performing actions, If it was updated to perform vdj script it would be very powerful indeed.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/144490/VirtualDJ_Plugins/Cues_Event_v2_1_____IT_WORKS_.html?search=CUES%20EVENTS&page=1

Posted Mon 16 May 11 @ 8:12 pm
Ok I.got.it to show up but now what?? I can set the cue point but what is "value = "?? What do I put in there? What do the "relative - & + do? And what does "Absolute (NO SIGN) " mean?? All it will do is set cue points nothing else I do seems to work......Ughh!

Any info would be great, preferably a step by step guide, lol!
Huey

Posted Mon 16 May 11 @ 11:20 pm
it works but you have to activate the effect and untick the box that says \"disable the event after playing, I don\'t know what relative +/- do but I assume they were meant to move the cue point

Posted Mon 16 May 11 @ 11:45 pm
Ok I got it working but it only seems to be able to handle basic stuff like loops, stop, pause, you know the basics and video effects. It just freezes and shuts down whenever I try to use an audio effect but it works perfect when I use a video effect. I also noticed up top in the left corner it says "DECK 0", it seems like you should be able to type in what deck it should be but I can't. Yup this definitely needs some revamping. It does have great potential though.

Oh DJCEL are you there............this plugin could be a BEAST!!
Huey

Posted Tue 17 May 11 @ 12:39 am
I opened up the dll, it actually does communicate with vdj with vdjscript, but it assigns the pre programmed vdjscript to a number with the plugin, If you were really keen you could probably change the internal script of the plugin in notepad, but it would be awesome to let us script it in a box on the plugin.

Posted Tue 17 May 11 @ 1:11 am
this is how you skip sections of the song, just set a cue at the point you want the track to start in the example I have used cue 3, then set a cues events cue, I have used cue 1 as "goto_mixpoint" value as 3 (for the example) it will skip every time as long as the plugin is activated

Posted Tue 17 May 11 @ 2:36 am
More fun stuff... you can actually save loops of any length which you can recall at any time, and the information is saved with the track the drawback is that you really need to set it up before playing live

There is an issue with setting the cue on cues events and recalling the cue with the action, to combat this I have set the event cue where I want the track to loop, but another cue that a button is mapped to slightly before the event cue, to get the track back in time I made it sync, there is a slight delay in syncing, but its not enough to worry about

I mapped the button to
deck 1 effect 'cuesevent' active & deck 1 goto_cue 3 & sync

cues events setup looks like this

Posted Tue 17 May 11 @ 3:20 am
I went to bed Hahaa, but seems like you've been busy, lol! Gonna mess around with it some more tonight. Like I said it worked for everything but the audio effects. Oh well atleast I can save loops and a few other useful things. I guess ill just have to map a button the turns on cues event for each deck. Another feature that would be nice is if it somehow let you know you had cues. Like automatically put something in the comment field or either in field 1 or field 2 would be good. Guess for the time being ill just use the field 1 box for that info.
I've been doing all this from my phone, Lmao! We just bout a house and have been moving. The internet won't be on till Thursday so my eyes are starting to hurt alittle cause of this little screen, Lmao!!

Huey

Posted Tue 17 May 11 @ 7:03 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Another feature that would be nice is if it somehow let you know you had cues

that one is easy well sort of, cues event uses the first 30 cues in virtual dj so, if you use a system like cue 10 for a hot loop, cue 11 for video effect, cue 12 to skip a section etc..., you could just change a skin so it has a button or text that lights up to tell you if those cues are present in the track, you could probably even have a countdown timer, just like the first 3-5 cues depending on the skin.

I think the audio effects don't work because vdj has them in a different folder to version 2 which this is made for, It's probably just a case of typing in the new folder location in the dll of the plugin.

Posted Tue 17 May 11 @ 9:23 am
synthet1c wrote :

I think the audio effects don't work because vdj has them in a different folder to version 2 which this is made for, It's probably just a case of typing in the new folder location in the dll of the plugin.

Having no clue about how or what it takes to write a plugin could this be done by opening it with notepad or something and typing in the location of our plugins folder?? Bare in mind I have NO CLUE how this stuff works, Lmao!

Maybe CEL could chime in.........lol!
Huey

Posted Tue 17 May 11 @ 9:41 am
Sorry bro, I have no idea either im just thinking out aloud, but you can open a dll with notepad and have a look around, Its mostly gibberish but there are some things written in english LOL

Posted Tue 17 May 11 @ 9:44 am
Hmm, maybe I will peek around and see what I can find. I doubt anything as you know more about this stuff then me and had no luck, lol! Can't hurt anything I guess

Huey

Posted Tue 17 May 11 @ 12:00 pm
How do you open one of these "dll" files??

Huey

Posted Tue 17 May 11 @ 10:40 pm
if this doesn't work, double click and select choose a program from the list

Posted Tue 17 May 11 @ 10:44 pm
Please bear in mind that this old plugin is designed for old versions of VirtualDJ. It does not understand or support multiple decks and VDJscript.

It uses the old keyboard/MIDI mapping macro language of earlier versions of VirtualDJ.

NOTE: These DLL plugins are compiled program code. You cannot edit or change them using Notepad. Doing so will simply result in a file that does not work.

This plugin can only be made to work with multiple decks, VDJscript, etc. if it is updated by its author.

Posted Wed 18 May 11 @ 5:50 am
Hahaa, ill say you can't use notepad. It looked like something an alien wrote, Lmao!!

Another lesson learned.....
Huey

Posted Wed 18 May 11 @ 7:53 am
A dll is just compiled code as any application. So you cant just edit that with notepad.. well.. you can.. but I wouldnt trust that dll to load on your next gig :P

Posted Thu 19 May 11 @ 2:47 pm
Better late then never, lol!! I used a dll editor but had no clue what to look for. Either way I've emailed DJCEL and hope that he can update this plugin cause it has a ton of potential.

Huey

Posted Thu 19 May 11 @ 3:17 pm
Can I cut a song on Virtual DJ 8 Pro? I mean cut as in shortening a song from 4.50.24 to 2.10.00?

Posted Thu 01 Jan 15 @ 9:25 pm
98%