Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Error in the video driver on startup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I have started getting the "Error in the video driver" message when starting up VDJ (at the point where the splash screen says, "Loading skins...".

The only thing I have changed is that I changed to the hi-res (standard) skin. This worked fine at the time, but I don't think I've been back in to the program since it was changed.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled (several times). I have checked the registry and any remaining folders after uninstall and removed anything left over there too. I still cannot get into the program.

I have tried it using my laptop's normal display and when hooked up to a secondary monitor - no difference.

I have Windows Vista (32 bit), the latest version of Virtual DJ. My Anti-virus is switched off to rule that out too.

As I say, it was all working fine before the skin change and obviously I cannot get into the program to make any changes to the configuration.

Thanks,

Rob H

Posted Thu 18 Feb 10 @ 2:12 pm
maybe try moving all the skins out of the Skins folder except for the one standard one..

Posted Thu 18 Feb 10 @ 3:20 pm
Thanks for that - I've tried that and various other experimenting with the skins available and nothing has helped.

Rob

Posted Fri 19 Feb 10 @ 3:20 am
Windows issue? incompatible resolution maybe?
have you tried a restore point back to a working date?

Posted Fri 19 Feb 10 @ 12:20 pm
I have same issue. Last time I used VDJ at a gig, it worked. Now I am getting video error. I have tried reloading VDJ and have same problem. Have not figured it out yet. Also running Windows Vista 32 bit.

Posted Sun 21 Feb 10 @ 10:07 am
I know this is not going to be of help to anyone else having this problem or maybe it will be. However, I thought I would share my experience. I feel really dumb. I had a lot of applications open and decided to close them all down and reboot the laptop. Relaunched VDJ and it launched just fine. I can't explain the video driver error. But, rebooting fixed it.

Posted Sun 21 Feb 10 @ 2:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)