Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: how many installs/licensing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How many installs do you get per license? And, can I use the same license on a Mac and a PC? If so, what would run smoother Boot Camp with Windows 7 64 bit, or on Mac OS Snow Leopard?

Posted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 3:18 pm
The End User License Agreement (EULA) allows you to have the software installed on up to two computers at any one time, providing that they are both for your own personal use and will not be used simultaneously (E.g: Second installation as a backup or for practising at home is OK, allowing a friend or another DJ to use it is NOT allowed.)

You may also uninstall the software from an old computer and then install it onto a new computer.

NOTE: If you intend to sell, give away or dispose of an old computer, you must remove VirtualDJ from it first.

You can download the install file for the software again (If needed) from the Download Center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

Posted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 4:58 pm
Can you use first install on a windows based machine and second on a mac.

Posted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 5:12 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, you can as long it is on 2 system and for your own use;)

Posted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 9:55 pm
Thank you for the replies,just one more question.i switched over from pcdj vj because of upgrades ending at version 5.2,I guess everything happens for a reason.I'Mm going to purchase a macbook pro just waiting for next refresh hopefully today,I figure a better video card will alot of the video issues.but then with 8000,9000 nvidia series cards hardware aceleration did'nt under directx9 this was the problem with video freezes under windows xp.With all this said,my question is if virtual dj smoother on bootcamp with windows 7 64bit or simply on mac os leppard,just because of directx 10 & 11.

Posted Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 9:45 am
Sorry for all the spelling mistakes in the above post must of had a few too many.Let me rephraise my question,does virtual dj pro run smoother on leppard or with bootcamp installed running windows 7 64bit and if i did a install on both using same computer would that still count as 2 installs.

Posted Thu 28 Jan 10 @ 2:16 pm
I'm sorry if this sounds crazy but,I would appreciate a response same computer,same harddrive but mac os + bootcamp I would it shoud be consiidered as one install. I already purchased 5,2 from pcdj whitch i could'nt upgrade from for whatever reasons. WHITCH IS MY FAULT but now since I had to repurchase in a sense product without somekind of discount,I would appriciate a response.The reason I did'nt purchase VIRTUAL DJ befor hand through phone suppor.

Posted Wed 03 Feb 10 @ 11:49 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Manuel,

Please stop opening other threads on the same subject; keep all your discussion here in the one thread.

Thankyou.

Posted Thu 04 Feb 10 @ 5:59 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi manuel,

MANUEL JACK wrote :
......,does virtual dj pro run smoother on leppard or with bootcamp installed running windows 7 64bit....

If you are running for audio, it is ok and good on the mac OSX so far. For ultimate video experience and if you are a heavy video user however, it is advisable to do it through bootcamp on windows. But this did not mean for video on mac osx is not possible;)

To date, there are more plug ins for windows as opposed for mac. But this "could" change in the future;)

If you running windows 7 64 bit, make sure your hardware have all the relevant drivers for that.

MANUEL JACK wrote :
I'm sorry if this sounds crazy but,I would appreciate a response same computer,same harddrive but mac os + bootcamp I would it shoud be consiidered as one install. I already purchased 5,2 from pcdj whitch i could'nt upgrade from for whatever reasons. WHITCH IS MY FAULT but now since I had to repurchase in a sense product without somekind of discount,I would appriciate a response.The reason I did'nt purchase VIRTUAL DJ befor hand through phone suppor.

If you read the eula, that might give you the idea;)

EULA SUMMARY:

- This license gives you the right to install and use the software on a maximum of two computers, by one person.

- It does not give you the right to rent or sell computer systems on which the software is installed, or to rent or sell the software or part of it.

- The software is distributed "as-is" and no warranty of any kind is expressed.

- Atomix Productions and its suppliers retain all intellectual property rights in the software.

- Once activated, the software cannot be refunded, unless found to be defective by Atomix Technical Support.

- Software purchased on-line for instant download through our website is considered opened at the time of purchase, and therefore no refund can be given.

- NetSearch is a feature of Virtual DJ software which will attempt to locate content, found freely available, on the Internet.
It’s search results, and functionality, are not guaranteed in anyway and may vary.

2 system mean 2 different machine with different OS etc.

In a case of yours, 1 machine bearing completely different OS. It is as if, you have 2 system into 1. For this, it is "technically" be considered as 2 install.

I hope i answer your question and hopefully a teamer could verify on the license thing.

Regards;)

PS: Please do not open several thread on a same topic on different forum as it would cause confusion. Thanks:)

Posted Thu 04 Feb 10 @ 11:52 am
Thank you for the info,i've been tryin to use as many videos as possible in clubs since 2003.Have'nt had too many problems with virtual dj 5.2 and denon hc4500 controllers under windows xp.But now going to switch over to a macbook pro,my intentions were to use bootcamp for video,so I just wanted to make sure befor I go through all the work.

Posted Thu 04 Feb 10 @ 1:17 pm
I just got a macbook pro 17" last week. I have loaded windows 7 32 bit (only recognises 3gb RAM but that's enough). I'm still not convinced about 64bit compatibility yet. Why do you want 64bit as apart from recognising the extra RAM there are no distinct advantages. It works great in bootcamp but I would avoid parallels as it uses far more CPU in the virtual environment.

I tried playing some itunes videos last night and it all worked great.

I would love to use VDJ in MacOS, however the limited amount of skins is an issue. In Windows I can use Zanards X12 (1920 x 1200) and it looks great on the 17" LED screen. There don't seem to be any mac skins that take advantage of this resolution unfortunately which is a shame.

Keith

Posted Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 6:49 am
Skins are platform independent, so if it does not have a Mac download, you could install it on a PC, then copy the .ZIP across from My Documents\VirtualDJ\Skins to Documents\VirtualDJ\Skins on the Mac.

The only problem that you may experience is with the fonts, which may need to be tweaked in size (By editing the skin's XML.) The fonts used on Mac are different to those on PC's, so the text may be too large.

Posted Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 12:47 pm
Thanks Jon,

I tried that and it does work. One font is a bit off otherways it works OK.

The Mac version crashed back to desktop twice in 10 minutes, once when I tried to rearrange the columns in the browser and another time for no reason. I'm not sure the mac version is stable enough for gig use to be honest.

I'll run the windows version on bootcamp in the meantime and do some more testing.

Posted Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 4:30 pm
I want to kno if i purchase virtual dj online they install it on my macbook then install it on my pc wich is 2 installs but what happens if i get a new computer 6 months down the road does that mean i cannot install it on the new computer?

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 9:26 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You could uninstall it from one of the others and reinstall on your new computer.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 11 @ 1:18 am
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
kradcliffe wrote :

The Mac version crashed back to desktop twice in 10 minutes, once when I tried to rearrange the columns in the browser and another time for no reason. I'm not sure the mac version is stable enough for gig use to be honest.

I've been running on 1 iMac and 1 macbook for over a week with no crash.. DJ'd at a club 2 night during the weekend 5 hours each night and had no crash so for me I would say it's defiantly stable enough for gigs.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 11 @ 7:06 am
im not a DJ i just bought a american audio vms2 just for personal use and karaeoke for my family partys but its only letting me play 10 min after that it goes silent. do i have to buy a program or something else?

Posted Sun 04 Dec 16 @ 12:47 am
SamallPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I tried to load virtual DJ on a third computer, it did loaded, signal was going to the system but no sound from the speakers.

Posted Tue 27 Feb 18 @ 6:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)