Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with shutting down

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just got myself a hercules steel and loaded it up with VDJ 5 that came with it in my MacBook Pro. Everything seemed to work fine until i wanted to shut down the program. For some reason it won't shut down properly and I have had to do force quit just to turn it off. Has anybody else had the same issues and know of some way to remedy this problem?

Posted Tue 22 Dec 09 @ 11:20 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Are you using the latest version 5.2.2 of Virtual DJ ? (if not , you can get it from the download section).

Same thing with the DJ Console driver (v.177)

If the problem still occur, there may be some OS X updates necessary.

Posted Wed 23 Dec 09 @ 9:59 am
I have Snow Leopard and the latest versions of the driver/ software but the same problem occurs. Any more ideas on that? Cheers !

Posted Wed 23 Dec 09 @ 3:39 pm
I downloaded 5.1.2 and it still has that problem. Is is something specific with Snow Leopard?

Posted Thu 24 Dec 09 @ 8:35 pm
I meant to say 5.2.2.

sorry.

Posted Thu 24 Dec 09 @ 8:37 pm
yeah, i'm having the exact same problem :(

Posted Fri 25 Dec 09 @ 12:12 pm
Prior to posting here, I did contact tech support but according to them thisis something they have not encountered yet. The only suggestion given was to upgrade. I do plan to upgrade eventually but I am hoping there is something out there to help us with the current version that we have. I see that there are a couple of us here so maybe someone know bow to fix it.

Posted Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 2:22 am
I ama steel user too and i get the same problem on every shutdown. Do i need to Post crash report?

Posted Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 6:27 am
I've done those but it really doesn't fix the problem.

Posted Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 9:56 pm
i dont want to buy a digital usb controller cause i want to scratch w/ the traditional techniques on the turntables i know how to perform. and on the controllers u can't do them. there are nearly 60+ moves. and can't seem to do a LOT of them on the controllers.

but anyway. i sacrifice making it sound good for using keyboard short cuts on my mac. but dont really need them. i got effects on my mixer. and can use the controls on that like it was a normal vinyl n deal w/ it that way. but yeah everytime i want to close the program w/ 4.xx, 5.2, 6.0.1 versions everytime i close them. it seems like it closes. and then gives me that error screen where it asks u to close it or report the error to apple.

now i realize why everytime i use the freakin thing i gotta set it up again. so anoyying and bad for business. if there were so many errors that u couldn't see during beta testing. i'm talking to the company why release it at all. since you would see the faulty coding yourself. it's like if you were going to release a video game for a console and you saw major controller disfunction. and release it. and waste both the manufacturors time and the customer's time. that shows lack and concern for the people who are going to tell other people how poorly a company you are on a mac products.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 2:01 am
Hello TimothyJarman and earcandy,

1) Please precise the error message you get.

2) In case you use another sound card than the Mac integrated audio, can you test if you still get this crash when you play the sound only on the Mac, when you use VirtualDJ without connecting the other sound card?

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 10:42 am
As for the error message, there is none. It just shows that swirl like it is busy and trying to close but stays there and does not respond. the only way I have had to exit the program was to do a force quit after trying to close the program properly. And quite honestly, I doubt that this is a sound card issue. it seems impossible that all of us here are using the same sound card and have the same error.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 8:15 pm
I have the same problem over here..

Posted Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 2:08 pm
pmyskoPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm having the same issue :(

Posted Wed 22 Dec 10 @ 9:28 am
Same error over here using VDJ 8 Mixtrack Quad
Then after you force close--it wont reopen--have to restart all the time

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 1:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)