Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: VDJ's new software exclusively for touch screen - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

touchsmart-iq800-3.jpg" class="bb-img">

Posted Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 3:31 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Multi-touch only exists on Windows since Windows 7 so people will come little by little to this new use.

Posted Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 1:10 pm
del200PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Id defo be keen on a touch screen skin upgrade for VDJ

Maybe not the future entirely but it definately has a use...

Posted Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 12:28 pm
you can use virtualdj with any touchscreen, with any operating system.
however most of the skins available to us are very 'hi-res' and touching the on screen buttons can be difficult.

though one or two new skins are shoing up with nice large buttons, which are great for a touch screen.

remember, for this, you need a touchscreen overlay for your monitor, or one thats built into the monitor.
its not something that atomix can give you with just a software update.

Posted Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 5:07 pm
The only gripe I really have is the fact that the browser scroll area is so small and cant be changed. If it could I would be a happy camper. I use a midi controller for the crossfader which makes it a hell of alot easier to fade and hit buttons at the same time.

Question about Multi Touch.... I heard that not all monitors support multi touch, is this true (I know u need win 7)?

Posted Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 11:15 pm
I'm confused .
Why does Atomix need to do to implement "multi-touch"..?
Isnt it already technically ready for it?

or is it because it will only accept regular "mouse clicks"? (IE: one click at a time..)

Posted Wed 04 Nov 09 @ 9:53 am
VDJ has to do nothing for multi touch as far as I believe, but a few changes made to the software would make it alot easier to use a touchscreen.

Posted Wed 04 Nov 09 @ 11:15 pm
HP has just recently intoduced the L2105TM a 20.5" Wide LCD with Multi-Touch for an amazing $299. I'm considering this to integrate into my setup. It's a great pirce for a Touchscreen let alone 20.5" Widescreen

Posted Thu 05 Nov 09 @ 11:24 am
Make sure it has video output and a good graphics card if u are gonna play videos with it.

Posted Thu 05 Nov 09 @ 2:33 pm

Posted Thu 05 Nov 09 @ 3:13 pm
Why the hell is it soooo cheap compared to the smaller ones??? I would like to get it but it wouldnt fit into my case, I would have to build another case or find a way to make the monitor swivel.

Posted Thu 05 Nov 09 @ 8:15 pm
I'm trying to figure out how to integrate it into my rack as well. Would have to be some time of VESA mount that disconnects, but that also adds to setup/teardown complexity, more stuff to carry. I'd like to keep it to a Rackmount, however a 17" or 19" touchscreen is 500-800, and that's without multi-touch.

Posted Fri 06 Nov 09 @ 10:03 am
I suggest that if you are looking to use a touchscreen monitor or an all-in-one ( as I do ) BIGGER is better. The issue of small buttons is no longer. Bigger screen, bigger buttons. I e-mail VDJ today in regards to their software. The only two problems that really need to get fix would be the slighty delay when you touch the play button .vs when the music actually stars and the ability to do MULTI Touch .vs single touch. Also if they could do a rewind that is free spinning .vs having to actually run your finger around in circles on the deck to get the rewind effect. VDJ would be PERFECT for touch screen.

Blessings

Kory

Posted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 7:24 pm
Your missing the point. The scroll bars even on a 19" are way to small to use. Did you try the backspin effect? I dont have the delay you are refering to with play.

Posted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 8:05 pm
Have you tried to use multi touch on Windows 7 with a compatible monitor??

Posted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 8:07 pm
Yeah I know of that effect, just would be nicer than having to hit buttons to gain that effect. I am using windows 7 pro with my HP IQ816. Any suggestions as to why the slight delay would exist? I hit play and there is about 10th of a second delay before it starts to play. If I use the mouse it is perfect. But when I use my finger that is when the problem occurs.

In regards to the multi touch, Virtual Dj software does not allow fo rit. You can only do one thing at a time. If you touch the slider, you can't press the play button on a deck. Well you can p[ress it, but it won't work.

Blessings

Kory

Posted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 8:27 pm
So you can use multi touch in other apps??

Posted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 9:52 pm
yeap. only software that has the multi touch feature bulit into the software. With the HP IQ 816 that I bought there are a couple of pieces of software that are just made to show off the multi touch. There not really anything super fancy, but as I said it is just to show off the ability of multi touch. There is the promise of " more to come " LOL LOL.

I had spoke to HP and Microsoft when I first got the computer and I explained what I was trying to do with multi touch and VDJ, after explaining they explained that HP has made touchscreen computer and microsoft made the software for it. That multi touch is something that is incorperated into the making of the software. That because something is touchscreen does not make it multi touch. That is why you can only do 1 thing at a time with VDJ.

So this is why I have been bugging VDJ to atleast make a multi touch feature and to fix the slight delay in the play but.

Blessings

Kory

Posted Thu 12 Nov 09 @ 9:19 am
Gotcha!! Thanks for the explanation!:)

Posted Thu 12 Nov 09 @ 5:25 pm
]I did purchase and receive the L2105tm about 2 weeks ago. My father passed away suddeny so I have not had much of a change to work it into my set up. As it turns out, It works with my SKB Console very well, but I do have to disconnect it and transport it apart from the console. The touchscreen works very well. THe montor also has a stylus pen that slides into the bottom right side that is easly accessable for the small area that you want to access.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 8:29 pm
20%