Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Korg Zero 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just purchased a Korg Zero 4 and it should arrive by Monday. Is there anything about this mixer that I should know? any special things that I need to get everything to work properly. Any downloads, patches...anything?

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 2:01 pm
Latest Firmware for the Korg Zero 4 is Version 1.6 (03/2008) (But your mixer should also have the latest update)
Latest driver for the Korg Zero 4 is Version 1.1 You can find the it here http://www.korg.co.uk/downloads/driver/FW/KORG_Firewire_Driver_v110.zip

Some user had some problems with installing the Korg Zero 4 or losing connectivity after they had installed it. Sometimes a new cable worked but sometimes it was an issue with the built in firewire card. In my case installing the zero worked (Laptop) but after some minutes i lost connectivity. The solution was that i bought a PCMCIA Card with Firewire connections. But could also be an issue with windows vista because I had Windows XP at first and had no problems with the Zero4. And with vista it was a disaster ;)

Posted Thu 01 Oct 09 @ 11:31 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
If you use timecode CD's make sure you download the Korg Traktor Adapter. See: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/111258/Hardware_Technical_Support/Korg_Zero_4_TimeCode_Help_.html

Also if you have poor audio performace, try this third party OHCI 1394 driver:

From: http://www.alliedvisiontec.com/downloads/avt-software/avt-1394-bus-driver-package.html
"Currently the native 1394 bus driver of Microsoft Windows is mainly suitable for controllers and devices that are compliant to the 1394a standard. The features introduced with the 1394b standard often cannot be used in Windows based applications and device drivers. Furthermore, there are some known stability issues that cause problems in industrial and professional applications with high reliability demands"

thanks,
David (DJ Kavika)

Posted Thu 01 Oct 09 @ 2:42 pm
obrabPRO InfinityMember since 2009
what are your latency settiings set t,o both stream and asio latency?

Posted Sat 03 Oct 09 @ 6:38 am
obrab wrote :
what are your latency settiings set t,o both stream and asio latency?

I´ll post my latency settings tomorrow because i´m currently not at home.

Best regards.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 09 @ 1:34 pm
1.5ms and 3.0ms. I just installed Win7, I might be able to get it down to 1ms/2ms still need to do some testing.

Posted Mon 05 Oct 09 @ 5:12 pm
yk23 wrote :
1.5ms and 3.0ms. I just installed Win7, I might be able to get it down to 1ms/2ms still need to do some testing.

Wow very good. I never get below 6ms and 8ms. Using Vista Home.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 09 @ 2:48 pm
thanks for posting your settings got em down. how do i map the midi knobs of the zero4 to do different things on eachdecks i.e. i want a knob to control the second effects knob in vdj on both decks but it only will map to one deck not both. how do i specify which deck to map to?

.....nevermind figured it out

deck 1 effect slider 2
deck 2 effect slider 2

Posted Thu 08 Oct 09 @ 10:41 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have my Korg Zero 4 in the flightcase. Getting it in there was a bi**h because the mixer is Looooong. I had to buy right angle xlr cables and cut some of the foam out just to get it to fit in.

I have not attempted to do anything with this mixer yet besides use it as a normal mixer.

I kinda like it but the headphone volume SUCKS REAL BAD!!! Maybe i'm just spoiled by my Tascam X-9 or maybe i'm just getting old and i'm resistant to change. Anyway, i'll be loading the drivers soon and attempting to use the Korg soundcard instead of my external one.

Can I use ch 2 and 3 for timecode with the Korg Zero 4 soundcard? I really like having my ch faders aligned with my cross fader.

Posted Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 2:39 pm
djcity wrote :
I have my Korg Zero 4 in the flightcase. Getting it in there was a bi**h because the mixer is Looooong. I had to buy right angle xlr cables and cut some of the foam out just to get it to fit in.

I have not attempted to do anything with this mixer yet besides use it as a normal mixer.

I kinda like it but the headphone volume SUCKS REAL BAD!!! Maybe i'm just spoiled by my Tascam X-9 or maybe i'm just getting old and i'm resistant to change. Anyway, i'll be loading the drivers soon and attempting to use the Korg soundcard instead of my external one.

Can I use ch 2 and 3 for timecode with the Korg Zero 4 soundcard? I really like having my ch faders aligned with my cross fader.

yes adn you can assing ch 1 and ch4 for midi controls

Posted Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 3:30 am
CH 1 and CH2 are only supported for timecode inputs. I think this is a limitation with VDJ.

thanks,
David

Posted Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 5:52 pm
yk23 wrote :
CH 1 and CH2 are only supported for timecode inputs. I think this is a limitation with VDJ.

thanks,
David

I thought you can map any input to any output in the korg software

Posted Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 2:05 am
djcity wrote :

You can use Timecodes on Ch 1 & 2 but as noted above, get the Traktor patch to enable the mixer to use the time codes properly.
The headphone volume does suck. some people have reported that updating to the latest firmware fixed that issue, but it didn't for me. I have been using an external inline headphone amp to make it loud enough. I also have been using the Korg's firewire sound card with no problems at all.

Posted Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 2:21 am
I have my gain set to 3 o'clock. That is the only way to get a sound up loud enough in the headphones ans master out.

-David

Posted Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 7:54 pm
am pretty new to the digital world. can any one tell me what my sound set up should look like when configuring virtual Dj to my KORG Zero 8?

Posted Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 8:02 pm

Posted Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 10:47 am
does the VDJ pro software give you the ability to utilize more than 2 channels when mixing?

Posted Tue 24 Aug 10 @ 6:32 am

Posted Tue 24 Aug 10 @ 10:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)