Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins - Topic: FireText Plugins - www.firetext.com - Page: 14

Post here comments on the VirtualDJ Plugins (Audio effects, Video effects, Video transitions, Tools, ...).
Plug-ins are available for download by registered PRO License users only.
VirtualDJ forums
VirtualDJ Plugins
FireText Plugin...

Page : [<<] [<] [>] [>>]

Author - Topic: FireText Plugins - www.firetext.com -

beatbreaker1

Ultra-VIP Member
Posted Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 10:37 pm
jamesvanek wrote :
Remember their are two parts to firetext. 1 is the plugin and the other is the adminstrater software that you download from the link i gave you. After you put in your info they will email you the download link. Install that first then the plugin.

DJ James

That is new to me. No 1 ever said anything about being in 2 parts, which is kinda dumb but in a way things are starting to make sense now. Will give it a try and tell you the results.

Thanks for your time
Huey

neiljames

Professional edition user
Posted Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 11:08 pm
Interesting...I will try that in the morning. Thanks

jamesvanek

Premium Member
Posted Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 11:21 pm
Ahh! that would be the reason your plugin is not working.

DJ James

jamesvanek

Premium Member
Posted Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 11:46 pm
Well, the thing is that many people may not know if they are unfamiliar with firetext that it is a stand alone program. The plugin was developed for VDJ so that it can operate inside the VDJ runtime environment. And fortunately for us they added some really nice perks to the plugin that allow us to do really neat stuff with direct x. Kudo's to the firetext dev crue.

DJ James

beatbreaker1

Ultra-VIP Member
Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 12:45 am
Ok I have done every thing that has been asked of me and its getting old............I went to the Firetext site and dowloaded that got a lrf thing, sent that then got a lic, next I came back here and downloaded the plugin from the download area and installed that. Then opened VDJ saw the title of the plugin and of course no controls showed up and my system froze up again just like always............I shut it down and opened up the Firetext Message Administrator and went to the Preferences tab and clicked it. I then clicked on Display and saw where it says "VIRTUALDJ PLUGIN OUTPUT,LICENSE CODE" the box next to it is EMPTY?? Is there supposed to be something there?? Heres is a video of what I'm talkin about, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFNEjajFl6c. Isnt there a way someone can remotely access my laptop?? I could of swore someone said it was possiable.........I understand my lack of knowledge really comes into play here but this really shouldn't be this hard. I've managed to get evey other plugin to work........as all ways tanks for help but I'm gonna opt out of this fiasco.
I would like to try the SBDJ Scroll Text beta if thats possiable??

Thanks for your time
Huey

jamesvanek

Premium Member
Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 1:08 am
@beatbreaker1

Did you use the link that i sent you or did you just go to the site and download because the plugin that we have on the download site for VDJ is for the newer beta version 1.7 and will not work with the 1.6 version. If you went to the site and just downloaded that version then you got 1.6. The 1.7 version is a beta version and the link i posted here will take you to that download area.

DJ James

Confirm which version you have.

beatbreaker1

Ultra-VIP Member
Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 1:20 am
Tried to go to the link you posted and it said I already had it, so I just reinstalled the plugin from the VDJ site. Just looked and I have the 1.7 version.......so now what??

jamesvanek

Premium Member
Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 1:35 am
When you run firetext administrator it should tell you the version you are using at the top.

Also are you using any special skin on VDJ that might be preventing you from seeing the controls? I use Video Vision 6

DJ James

beatbreaker1

Ultra-VIP Member
Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 1:56 am
jamesvanek wrote :
When you run firetext administrator it should tell you the version you are using at the top.

Also are you using any special skin on VDJ that might be preventing you from seeing the controls? I use Video Vision 6

DJ James

It is 1.7.1.14, and the skin I use is SSLOVER, not a video skin.

Ok I downloaded your skin and the Firetext name is there (like always) but when I click on it my comp freezes up. Did you check out the video? Did you see what I was talkin about?

Thanks for your help
Huey

tayla

Ultra-VIP Member
Firetext Representative
Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 5:20 am
Hi guys, nice to see the passing of information going on here, but unfortunately some of it is getting confused in the mix I'm afraid to say.

@ Huey, the information you linked, I would have thought you would have realised in a one to one help situation in which it was sent it was personally specific to you at the time and shouldn't have been used on this thread. All information and instructions given to a user applies to their needs at that time.

To say this is a fiasco because only three people so far out of nearly 1800 users are having diffilculties is rather over the top and misleading to other potential users, now if you had said this is frustrating for you, Neil and DJKZ because you would like to use this free plugin I would totally agree. Please get in touch with me and I will show you how to set up and use the full version of Firetext and how you can use it with VDJ.

Huey, Neil and DJKZ obviously we are aware of the problems each one of you are experiencing but they are specific to you and the equipment you are attempting to use it on, with Neil he can use the plugin with out a hitch on his XP setup but only on his gig lappy does he experience problems. All three of you please rest assured there are some great guys working in the background trying to resolve each of your unique individual problems at this very moment.

You three guys and anyone else are more than welcome to contact me on Skype at Firetext.VDJ.Support and I will show you how to use VDJ within the full Firetext system.

Paul.

thetracker510

Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 7:10 am
The Registration of this thing IS quite difficult Tayla. I mentioned this somewhere way back when i managed to get the thing to accept my Registration.its hard to explain but somewhere in the email sent i had to do it again.Reminds me when i had to register a demo version of Naive Instruments Guitar Rig.same thig happened.Are all european companys method for softwares registration this way?

tayla

Ultra-VIP Member
Firetext Representative
Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 7:51 am
Hi Fred, Firetext is an international company based in Canada, it has offices around the world and I oversee the UK and European theatre of operations (with resellers/agents of Firetext in many of the European countries) as it is in my time zone and convenient for a lot of our users, I also look after the DJing aspect of the software on a global basis. I agree it can be a little confusing to some users when first introduced to the Firetext software installation, that is why I have requested a more "plug n play" setup installer package, this is already in the to do list and hopefully will be available soon to new users.

New users installing the full/purchase version to get there license may find this help video useful...

lawschris040785

Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 4:37 pm
Awsome, i not a full time pro. But i do have my fair share of house parties, and i know that my friends will appreciate the new effects. Does anyone know if this thing will work with ANY cell phone or cell phone company, or if theres one that it works with better than others? Again awsome job!!!!

beatbreaker1

Ultra-VIP Member
Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 10:12 pm
tayla wrote :
Hi guys, nice to see the passing of information going on here, but unfortunately some of it is getting confused in the mix I'm afraid to say.

@ Huey, the information you linked, I would have thought you would have realised in a one to one help situation in which it was sent it was personally specific to you at the time and shouldn't have been used on this thread. All information and instructions given to a user applies to their needs at that time.

To say this is a fiasco because only three people so far out of nearly 1800 users are having diffilculties is rather over the top and misleading to other potential users, now if you had said this is frustrating for you, Neil and DJKZ because you would like to use this free plugin I would totally agree. Please get in touch with me and I will show you how to set up and use the full version of Firetext and how you can use it with VDJ.

Huey, Neil and DJKZ obviously we are aware of the problems each one of you are experiencing but they are specific to you and the equipment you are attempting to use it on, with Neil he can use the plugin with out a hitch on his XP setup but only on his gig lappy does he experience problems. All three of you please rest assured there are some great guys working in the background trying to resolve each of your unique individual problems at this very moment.

You three guys and anyone else are more than welcome to contact me on Skype at Firetext.VDJ.Support and I will show you how to use VDJ within the full Firetext system.

Paul.

Why would I think that info only applies to me when it is the same instructions as your video? Ok so Fiasco was the wrong word but when theres 1800 other users who are having no problems with it gets me a little Frustrated. As for Neil and DJKZ I cant speak for them and never tried. As far as hooking up with you on SKYPE that seems a little hard to do when there is a 7hour difference. I've asked you when is a good time and havent got an answer back. I turn on Skpye and if your not on what can I do?? And I'm not doubting that you guys arent aware of the problems or workin to fix whatever it is that is going on, I do read the thread. This is really coming off like I'm the bad guy when in reality I'm not good with computers and this isnt the most user friendly install either........
1) In your video you say once I get the license to place it in the Firetext folder, do I just drag an drop the license over the firetext folder or is there some where special in the firetext folder to put it?
2) when I try to open the Firetext skin editor I get an error saying "You Need A License to Open" which is why I asked the first question.
3) did you take a look at the snippet I took and did you see where there isnt a license # in the box? Heres what the manual says,
"1.To use FireText with Virtual DJ, Start your Vir-tual DJ Software First, then start your FireText Administrator.
2.Go to Preferences / Display, and select the Vir-tual DJ Direct X Output Option under Configuration and choose OK.
3.Within your Virtual DJ Software to go Activate Plugin on Effects, Video Effects and FireText Plu-gin and you will be able to administer the options for the plugin within there.
4.Go to FILE / START or RESTART within your FireText Administrator
5.FireText will automatically broadcast messages to your Virtual DJ Software"
This is leading me to believe that I might have something wrong with VDJ it self, even though the plugin name is in the effects??

Like I have said in the past, from what Ive seen of this program it looks great (except I cant use my Blackberry with it), yes I have been frustrated but I have not givin up.......so if you have been offened, sorry.

As always Thanks for your time
Huey

jamesvanek

Premium Member
Posted Thu 22 Apr 10 @ 12:48 am
New part of this update is very confusing. I see we now have a movie tab on the plugin.

I tried to make a skin (Template) but even though the skin is in the firetext folder and i have registered for the free trial version, the read me file in the template folder says that all templates that are linked to the license can be previewed using the template tab in the administrator.

Problem is their is no template tab in the adminstrator. Or at least if thier is i can't find it.

I don't know how to activate a template (Skin) with the administrator.

Could use some help here.

Thanks,
DJ James

tayla

Ultra-VIP Member
Firetext Representative
Posted Thu 22 Apr 10 @ 7:00 am
Hi James, you will see the template tab in administrator to the left of the screen in the black border at the bottom, if you like contact me on skype at Firetext.VDJ.Support and I can help you set up your first templates with the skin editor.

Paul.

FireText

Experienced pro user
Posted Thu 22 Apr 10 @ 7:07 am
Hi Huey,

I guess what you need is to get in touch with skype FireText support or sending an email to uk-support@firetext.tv; no matter about time differerence - we can always schedule a meeting for a time that works for you... I'm not sure if I do understand all the questions, and I guess you need an explanation on the software, I believe you're mixing things between VirtualDJ Plugin Output and Standard FireText output, seamlessly the Skin Editor issue you're asking. Please get in touch with us and sure we can provide help.
Regarding to the freeze you and Neil are experiencing, we are unsure yet, I know could be like frustrating, but let's keep trying, we will find a workaround for that I'm sure!

jamesvanek

Premium Member
Posted Thu 22 Apr 10 @ 2:42 pm
tayla wrote :
Hi James, you will see the template tab in administrator to the left of the screen in the black border at the bottom, if you like contact me on skype at Firetext.VDJ.Support and I can help you set up your first templates with the skin editor.

Paul.

@ Paul

Thanks for your quick response but their is no template tab on my administrater. If I click the help tab their is a link that says template but it gives you an bad url when you click on it.

Here are the tabs on the black border on the left of the screen.

Inbox
Requests
Song
Birthday
Guests
Images
Voting
Text Info
Trivia
Lottery
Bulk SMS
Outbox
Sent Messages
User Accounts

Thats all their is. No template tab.

DJ James

tayla

Ultra-VIP Member
Firetext Representative
Posted Thu 22 Apr 10 @ 2:55 pm
HI James, the movie tab is an extra feature for displaying flash (swf), avi and mpeg files for users that have purchased the full Firetext plugin, you say you have registered your trial version, have you put the returned lic file into the Firetext system folder.

You can contact me on the link I gave earlier if you wish then we can go through the whole set up for you.

jamesvanek

Premium Member
Posted Thu 22 Apr 10 @ 4:07 pm
Yes I did put the license file that was emailed to me in that folder. I don't mind purchasing the full version if i can see that the movie files will play over my vids. That is what the trial version is for to test out the features but it is not available on my trial version. I figured out how to make a skin and understand how all the template stuff works but can't activate it to see if it will work with my system.

DJ James

Page : [<<] [<] [>] [>>]

Site map
(C)opyright Atomix Productions 2014

Software
Hardware
ContentUnlimited
Goodies
VirtualDJ Pro Full
VirtualDJ Pro Basic
VirtualDJ Broadcaster
VirtualDJ Home FREE