Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 09/03 Java Update and VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Weird... Yesterday, after I updated java version through Apple software update (a downgrade rather than an update, actually) both decks' play/stop/cue buttons of my DJC Steel stopped responding in VDJ 6.02 pro and 5.2.1 pro. Even if I press those buttons with a mouse click they won't work. I checked the DJC Steel with Midi Monitor and everything seems ok, so I guess this has nothing to do with the controller. I tried to reinstall VDJ but the issue remains no matter what. Is anybody experiencing this? Do you have any suggestions? Please help...

My configuration:

Early Spring macBook, OSX 10.5.8
Hercules DJ Trim + DJ Control Steel

Posted Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 9:19 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is your sound setting correct on VDJ?

Click to reset to factory setting at the info tab of VDJ and it may help.

Performance to best and latency auto.

Regards;)

Posted Sat 05 Sep 09 @ 10:22 pm

It worked! Thank you very much for your help. That was so easy it made me feel like a newbie... shame on me.
BTW, could you spare some time on my other issue with right deck stop button of DJC Steel and VDJ 6.0.2? Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/114836/MAC_Version_Technical_Support/6_0_2_fantastic__)_only_couple_problem_i_need_help_with_hercules_steel_right_deck_stop_button.html

Hope to hear from you soon!

Posted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 9:06 am
gy4dbdPRO (legacy)Member since 2010
Is Java necessary for the use of v DJ 7.4 pro basic? If so does it need to be up to date?

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 9:38 am
No, VirtualDj does not need/use Java.

Please do not resurrect 5 years old topics!

Topic Locked

Posted Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 8:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)