Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Is it possible to set up virtual DJ with:

a couple of DN-s3700's
and a DN-x1700

It seems possible to set it up with the two s3700's. However the inclusion of the x1700 makes the program close to inoperable.

However this is Denon's complete rig line up. Its great the program operates with the tables, but if it disincludes the mixer (which is a midi controller and DAC) then it would be far less useful for digital DJ's.

So any advice on getting all this gear functioning within VDJ?

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 3:26 pm
obrabPRO InfinityMember since 2009
anyone else havnig issues with the hs5500 and scratching? i cant hold the scratch in the same physical place on the platter it drifts from the original point. anyone else naving this issue?

Posted Thu 01 Oct 09 @ 3:31 am
when i start a track it takes atleast a half rotation of the platter before it is responsive to touch. anyone experience this?

Posted Fri 02 Oct 09 @ 4:23 am
basemanPRO InfinityMember since 2005
obrab wrote :
anyone else havnig issues with the hs5500 and scratching? i cant hold the scratch in the same physical place on the platter it drifts from the original point. anyone else naving this issue?

Yes I have this issue. I have the issue with the Denon even when not using VDJ, there's a lot of talk about it on the Denon forums so it appears to be a manufacturing fault that doesn't look like it will ever get sorted.

Will be returning mine for a refund on Monday.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 09 @ 2:00 pm
Hi ,can you... anyone tell me please!! IF the DN-HS5500 are working fine with V6. Are all the bugs, issues or problems that everybody were talking about finally FIXED?? Can we use 2 decks now (Im talking MIDI dont tell me with time codes ok) Can some one tell me honestly if this controllers "DN-HS5500" are working nice ,are finally been fixed to make them work with virtualdj. Please tell me. Or.. if not they are going to work in the near future??
I want to know because I m going to spend hardearned money ,like I did in the past with ICDXs and they did not work ss..t!
The problem with VDJ the promess or they show to many controllers that we always Have problems, or.. that those controllers are not ready to PERFORM at the fullest. PEOPLE buy controllers before they perform or work w/virtualdj with the PROMESS of "They gonna fix to work with VDJ" them another controller comes out and they abandom the older controllers never fix to go to the new

WHY VDJ do not present or recomend a controller when this controller WORKS fine , till a controller works fine because they show controllers like if they work really nice! and they dont we have so many problems with controllers and we really dont know what to buy we dont wanna spend our money in controllers till we find witch one works the best !

Please some one tell me what controllers ARE really WORKING with VIRTUALDJ 6 of the Denon and pioneer or some other brand But tell me! . like always they say" they are working to make it work is gonna work.." But we have to spend lotery (money ) in somenthing that who knows if is really going to wok in the future, what warranty we have ??
That is the only thing I dont like here at VDJ The controllers Publicity if they dont work yet. Other softhwares are taking the best controllers and they are working more closer to make softhware and controllers work together . like itch and ns7

Posted Mon 05 Oct 09 @ 11:56 am
You obviously didn't take the time to read the first several posts in this thread ... suggest you read those ... then ask your question again ...

And - unless you have a specific question about Denon gear - do not use this thread for personal rants and complaints - there is pleanty of room in the forums elsewhere for that ...

I will 'Delete' unnecessary posts to keep this thread clean for just 'Denon' Hardware questions.

Chris
VirtualDJ
Atomix Productions

Posted Mon 05 Oct 09 @ 12:27 pm
djpalsCUE userMember since 2007
hi guys, just received my denon 3700's a few days ago and i cannot get the platter to work properly. everything works but the platter response is slow and when i try to scratch it stutters. any help?

my setup:

computer:
Pentium 4 3ghz
1gb ram
ATI 2400HD graphics 256mb dedicated

denon asio is default

virtual dj

latency auto

Thanks DJ Pals

Posted Mon 05 Oct 09 @ 1:44 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Same as my post before this one ... read the first post of this thread ... if you have not followed the instructions listed then follow them and post back ...

*Note - Vista users you must change the Jog Latency on the units to 10ms.

Posted Mon 05 Oct 09 @ 1:59 pm
djpalsCUE userMember since 2007
i have tried everything i possibly can! nothing works after a while it starts to make a annoting buzzing sound too. In the vdj update they should fix this problem! I have read your forum and many many others

Posted Mon 05 Oct 09 @ 4:15 pm
And I use the 3700 on a regular basis and read the other forums ... it is not VirtualDJ .. it is an improperly configured setup.

Posted Mon 05 Oct 09 @ 4:38 pm
Hi Cstoll,
About a month ago I ran into an unanticipated technical problem when rotating between DJ's. I'm using VDJ and the S3700's are in midi mode and the upcoming DJ is going to use CD's only. In trying to do a smooth handoff, If I switch the deck that is not playing to audio (for the other DJ to start using), while the other denon is in midi mode, VDJ stops functioning completely. It would be ideal if VDJ did not crash and kept on playing the song while the new DJ synchs the other player in audio mode.

The opposite would be ideal too, meaning that If I'm about to start, I would like to switch the unused Denon to Midi mode while the other kept player in audio mode finishes the song. And then be able to switch into midi mode and have the VDJ that a new controller is available to use.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Saltydog

Posted Sun 11 Oct 09 @ 5:34 pm
The problem is in the 'disconnecting' of the Sound card ... you are using the built-in soundcards of the 3700s correct?

Think about it ... if you used a separate sound card and unplugged it from the software what would you expect the result to be ?

Posted Sun 11 Oct 09 @ 8:12 pm
i have two 5500s. playing with one i get very low cpu usage but when i put the second deck in the mix my cpu usage peaks out and vdj becomes very slow and laggy i've used the dpclatency checker and everything is in the green or yellow. the only two apps using cpu are vdj and explorer. why does the cpu spike so much with the use of the second deck?

also i had the 5500s lose connection in the middle of my set twice last night. once while playing with both decks and once while using just one. the music still plays but i cannot use any of the functionality of the denon. i am not using the denon sound card as my zero4 mixer has a sound card. any ideas on why the decks loose connection in the middle of play?

Posted Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 5:16 am
also noone answered my question about the platter spinning one full rotation before becoming responsive when you first play a new track. It then responds fine for the reamainder of the track. anyone else seeing this?

Posted Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 5:21 am
cstoll wrote :
The problem is in the 'disconnecting' of the Sound card ... you are using the built-in soundcards of the 3700s correct?

Think about it ... if you used a separate sound card and unplugged it from the software what would you expect the result to be ?

Yes, I'm using the built in soundcards from the 3700.

I can understand the problem, but I would just like to be able to disconnect the deck that is not being used and not have the program crash. And, have VDJ recognize one deck at a time instead of indicating an error because it need's to recognize both decks at the same time.

I do have a work around that I have not tried and that would be to use the x1700 as the main sound card. I haven't tried that yet, but I think it would work.

However, if I'm next in the line up following someone who is not in midi mode, I could certainly some partial success in having one deck go midi for control and use the x1700 as the sound card. However, If I want to turn on the other midi wouldnt I have to "reset" the settings in order to recognize the second deck? And, wouldn't that cause a pause as it resets?

I havent tried doing this with the x1700 but I suspect that it will work better this way.

Anyways, thanks Cstoll! I appreciate your patience and your help.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 10:05 pm
obrab wrote :
i have two 5500s. playing with one i get very low cpu usage but when i put the second deck in the mix my cpu usage peaks out and vdj becomes very slow and laggy i've used the dpclatency checker and everything is in the green or yellow. the only two apps using cpu are vdj and explorer. why does the cpu spike so much with the use of the second deck?

also i had the 5500s lose connection in the middle of my set twice last night. once while playing with both decks and once while using just one. the music still plays but i cannot use any of the functionality of the denon. i am not using the denon sound card as my zero4 mixer has a sound card. any ideas on why the decks loose connection in the middle of play?

I suspect that the latency problem that you are having has to do with you computer. I think what makes it hard to diagnose your situation is not that 5500's are a problem, it's mainly the computer. If you turned off everything from "services", "themes", etc. you should have pretty good latency. There's an article I found from some who posted at m-audio torq, a computer tweak guide and that basically tells you what to turn off.

It also, and this might answer your second question, indicates that in hardware settings that the usb don't turn off... it has setting for continous power. That might be one reason for the drop. Another potential reason is usb length. The shorter the better. And lastly another potential problem is rf interference. Many usb cables that I have seen do not come with magnetic shielding. Im sure you have seen cables with these bulky bulbs around the cable. That's the shielding. Radio shack sells them cheap and you can install them on any cable.

I hope this gives you some possible solutions.

Salty

Posted Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 10:20 pm
obrab wrote :
also noone answered my question about the platter spinning one full rotation before becoming responsive when you first play a new track. It then responds fine for the reamainder of the track. anyone else seeing this?

I have this issue too.....

The song has to get going for a few seconds with me before the platter responds...Dont know why?

I also have a problem that is very random with mine...I could be playing and get some sound glitches and if I go into the settings and change the response to 1ms and then change it back to auto it seems to fix it...Any ideas?

Vista 64
2x 3700's
Pentium quadcore

Cheers steve

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 7:20 am
saltydog2112 wrote :

I suspect that the latency problem that you are having has to do with you computer. I think what makes it hard to diagnose your situation is not that 5500's are a problem, it's mainly the computer. If you turned off everything from "services", "themes", etc. you should have pretty good latency. There's an article I found from some who posted at m-audio torq, a computer tweak guide and that basically tells you what to turn off.

Salty

i am using a dual core 1.83ghz processor with 2 gigs or ram for audio mixing only. this is well above the minimum specs. Like I said before playing off one 5500 has minimal cpu used but with two it spikes to 100% even when only one deck is in use i.e. nothing loaded into the second deck. Why would adding the second deck cause such a huge spike in cpu?

Posted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 8:40 am
I had that problem with my laptop and decided to buy a quad core pc with 8gig of ram and when I start the second deck it shoots from 10% to about 60%..

Very strange...

Posted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 10:21 am
Hi Cstoll,

I have 2x Denon DN 5500s, the new Ver 6.02 Virtual DJ (MAC), a Macbook 2.2ghz.

I has read the threads and can't find much help in regards to Macs and proper setting up...

I can connect the decks to VDJ, and use basic functions however there are a few things listed below I need help with...

- No platter spin at all, no vinyl or jog wheel use,

- No Lights on decks other than layer and platter source button,

- I can only use 1 Denon DN 5500's sound card, (as far as I can tell VDJ is only identiyfying 1 unit?)

- Are there asio drivers for mac? because the walkthroughs for pc show that when you are in the Sound Setup menu, the Asio drivers allow you deal with this problem?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated

thanks,
Dj Merk

Posted Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 10:24 pm
4%