Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
So, I figured we would clean-up the Denon thread a bit and start this thing off right ...

OLD thread (LOCKED) - http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/110440/x/?page=1

So to start things off ... here is the starting point for all things Denon as of this moment ...
If you are not in the following configuration and you are experiencing problems ... then make the corrections and then post your problems.

You need to configure your controller(s) in the following configuration and validate their connectivity, before we can assist you.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Denon Units

Lastest Firmware installed?Lastest Denon ASIO drivers?
Factory Default Settings on the units?
  • If you have made changes - see the Denon documentation for resetting back to the defaults[list]
  • Use the Utility mode of the controller and use the Preset Int option.
  • DON'T change the MIDI channel assignments or Jog Trans values
    • Default is 3ms; except for Vista users Jog Trans needs to be 10ms. To change this value press and hold the Preset button under the mode button for at least one second to enter the preset mode on either deck. Then use the Parameter knob to select the Jog Trans setting area, displayed will be 3 ms as the default value. Press then turn the Parameter knob to adjust this setting to 10ms for Vista users. Then press the Preset button once more to save and exit.
    [/list]

Power on the units and put them into MIDI mode prior to opening VirtualDJ.

VirtualDJ

Config -> Soundcard Setup

(If you are using the Denon gear as your soundcard)
    • Inputs: None
    • Outputs: External Mixer Left deck: 1/2 Right deck: 3/4

2500/4500
    • Soundcard: ASIO - Denon ASIO

2 - 1200/3700 units
    • Soundcard - 2 cards - pick the 2 different ASIO options from the drop-down list

5500 units
    • Soundcard: ASIO - Denon ASIO
      If you have 2 5500s - Go into the Denon Asio driver program, there will be two 5500s listed under devices. Disable one of them.

Each unit has two stereo out connections so you will only use one player to send audio to your mixer.
      You will need to use some trial and error to determine which one is the active unit.
      Connect the RCAs into both players to figure out what unit is sending out the audio signal.
      Once identified which player is sending out the sound run two pairs of RCAs from the deck to the mixer.

Config -> Options tab

Jog Sensitivity settings
    • Scratch - 130-140%
    • CUE 100%
    • Bend 80-90% (PC version Only)

Config -> Performance Settings

Default install position on the Performance slider - second position from the left.
    • Latency value - AUTO
    • Safemode / Overclock -- BOTH UNCHECKED
  •  

Posted Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 9:07 am
    szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005

Posted Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 2:23 pm
    thanks you guys for all your hard work on getting this working right. I will give a shot come tuesday, gotta keep it spinning all weekend and don't want to change anything until I have a few days to test and and " undo" just in case.
    again vdj is the best and this forum's support adds to that value

Posted Sat 05 Sep 09 @ 5:13 pm
    I want to add something for the guys using two DN-HS5500 under windows. I just noticed that the deck that you first put in MIDI mode will be the deck sending out your audio signal. This will save you some time trying to figure out what deck is sending out the audio, so make sure you put the deck with the RCA in midi mode first.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 12:30 pm
    I have done all the above steps from cstoll, updated drivers, firmware up to date on both players. Followed the setup step by step.
    I still only get sound from one channel, don't get to seperate sounds (left deck and right deck) I can control each side with the the respectable deck, but I can only hear Deck A. If I change the set up to Ch1,2-right deck CH 3,4,-left deck; I can only hear Deck B. I am trying to make a video of what I'm doing to see if you guys notice anything.

sorry I am trying to use 2 hs5500s
    my laptop is a hp dv9000 with vista 32

Posted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 2:19 pm
    Just take some screen shots of your configuration - Denon ASIO control panel, VirtualDJ Config -> Sound card setup.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 3:56 pm

aiso

sound card sset up

right side

left side

like I said I can see both side on each of the screens of the denons, but I notice, that If for example I have deck a controlled by left denon and deck b by right, and the sound is coming from the left denon, if I press the payer button, I can control the right deck with the layer 2 of the left deck. Is that normal, sound I not be able to do that. I have tried changing the usb ports and it does the same thing

Posted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 7:32 pm
    Ok, in the Denon ASIO control panel - did you Disable the second 5500 that is listed ?

Also, are all your RCA connections going from 1 unit to the mixer - or do you have 1 RCA cable from the left unit and 1 RCA from the right unit

Since you are using 2 units you should not use the layer button - it is doing exactly what it should - switching control from left deck to right deck - but the layer button has nothing to do with where the sound comes from.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 7:40 pm
    yes all rca's are connected, and the other denon is disabled

**left deck layer 1-channel 1 on mixer
    layer 2-channel 2 on mixer

right deck layer 1-channel 3 on mixer
    layer 2-channel 4 on mixer

all channels work through the mixer when playing decks stand alone, so I know all channels work and are connected

Posted Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 12:25 am
    ***************solved**************
    what i did was open, the aiso config; then I double clicked on both hs5500's so both had a check, then I disabled one. Don't know if this is just my setup, gonna keep playing with it for a while. thanks again for the help

Posted Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 3:36 am
    You finally completed all the steps originally requested above ... you now have 1 disabled as explained in the setup instructions.

But which channels are working on the Mixer when using VirtualDJ -- Mixer channels 1 and 2 from the left deck OR mixer channels 3 and 4 from the right deck ?

Posted Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 6:31 am
    sorry, the mixer channel 1 and 2 are working. I did follow the steps, initially, but I assumed, because everytime I went into the aiso config, and it showed both decks, with one checked, that one was already disabled. Again in the aiso screen, when I first connect, I have to have both decks checked(enabled) then disable one.
    thanks again

Posted Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 2:21 pm
    on the apple website, it shows the configuration for the APPLE midi controls, what should the VDJ settings be?

Posted Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 2:01 am
    I recently reported that one of my two Denon 1200 sound cards were intermittently dropping the sound, while still controlling the MIDI channel.
    I followed all the settings & it still happened again, at a gig.
    Any help?
    Wayne

Posted Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 12:13 am
    Hello,

I am using only one Denon HS 5500 and on mixer connecting to lines 1 & 2. I have only one side of the display that shows songs and only one layer will the platter spin. Both layers do work, but not properly. Also when recording, it seems to record everything and not just the mixes. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Newbie

Posted Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 11:08 am
    audiovibes,
    I think maybe you have to have the pro version, to use it fully with the denons, I could be wrong,

but I think you do have to be pro to record.

I think its a matter of changing the record input, to "line in" if your using an external mixer. because the internal crossfader is always in the middle, your gonna get both decks on the recording. I use a record output from my mixer to a behringer U-CONTROL, then back to the laptop.

theres other posts in here about that, not a denon issue

Posted Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 2:10 pm
    basemanPRO InfinityMember since 2005
    Please help, I have a 5500 but i cant get VDJ to recognise it.

I've updated my VDJ to 6.0.2, updated the Denon Firmware & ASIO drivers. The ASIO part seems to work ok, I can play the Mp3 in VDJ and the sound plays thru the Denon.

I have no midi control, the Denon screen stays on the first screen "USB MIDI control mode" and when i list the devices in Settings/Mappings all I have it keyboard? Any ideas?

Posted Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 2:50 pm
    audiovibes,
    I think maybe you have to have the pro version, to use it fully with the denons, I could be wrong,

but I think you do have to be pro to record.

I think its a matter of changing the record input, to "line in" if your using an external mixer. because the internal crossfader is always in the middle, your gonna get both decks on the recording. I use a record output from my mixer to a behringer U-CONTROL, then back to the laptop.

theres other posts in here about that, not a denon issue

Thanks I am using the pro version, and your right the virtual fader is in the miiddle. So I need to do?

Posted Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 3:07 pm
    baseman wrote :
    Please help, I have a 5500 but i cant get VDJ to recognise it.

I've updated my VDJ to 6.0.2, updated the Denon Firmware & ASIO drivers. The ASIO part seems to work ok, I can play the Mp3 in VDJ and the sound plays thru the Denon.

I have no midi control, the Denon screen stays on the first screen "USB MIDI control mode" and when i list the devices in Settings/Mappings all I have it keyboard? Any ideas?

Sounds like something didn't go right with the firmware upgrade ... you need to contact Denon and make sure something didn't get messed up.

Posted Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 3:55 pm
    basemanPRO InfinityMember since 2005
    OK managed to get it detected now, it seems that Logitech drivers interfere with midi devices in windows. Anyway i uninstalled all Logitech drivers which didn't solve the problem, I had to do some edits to the registry to fix it as follows:

1. Go into the registry editor (go to Start Menu, Run and type regedit)

2. Go to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and delete the two items "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters"

3. Go to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{6BDD1FC6-810F-11DO-BEC7-08002BE2092F} and delete the item "LowerFilters"

4. Go to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{6BDD1FC5-810F-11DO-BEC7-08002BE2092F} and delete the item "UpperFilters"

5. Move back to the root of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\

6. Launch a search (i.e Ctrl F with the option to search in "Data") and type "LVUSBSTA". For any place found (only in the "Control\Class" area), just delete the "LowerFilters" item (it is the item that contain the value LVUSBSTA found). For me, I didn't find any other places than the ones mentioned here.

7. Then uninstall the midi device driver, unplug it and plug it back in. Windows should recognise it and install it and it should work!

Should be useful for anyone else having midi controller problems having previously installing some kind of Logitech driver.

Posted Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 6:07 pm
    2%