Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Remove tracks from player(s)?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How do I remove a track from a player (to make it empty, not to load another track).

Posted Fri 14 Aug 09 @ 10:34 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djblakemiller wrote :
How do I remove a track from a player (to make it empty, not to load another track).

Some skins have the action on but you can set up a keyboard shortcut for the action Unload. it is quite simple to do

Go to the Config>Mapper and select keyboard.

Click on the Green + sign.

In the Key box, type a letter you would like to use (I've chose U )

Next go to the Action box and type, Unload

Press OK and there you go the Keyboard shortcut is set up.

Posted Fri 14 Aug 09 @ 10:41 am
or in V6 if you right click on the pause button for a couple of seconds and then release, this also unloads the track.

Posted Fri 14 Aug 09 @ 10:42 am
Excuse me djblakemiller, why does one unload a track from a player? why not leave it there and not use it?

Posted Fri 14 Aug 09 @ 5:01 pm
Excuse me djblakemiller, why does one unload a track from a player? why not leave it there and not use it?

I'm working 99% right now in my database, playlists, virtual folders and the like. When a track is loaded, all of the tracks in the display then show the orange "out of range" icon/logo (to indicate that the BPM is out of range)

But, more useful for what i was doing, i was trying to determine if tracks become unscanned/unsearchable/unavailable if renaming or moving the physical song from the drive. I wasn't sure if the "out of range" orange icon was taking precedence over the "unavailable" yellow icon.

Personally, the "if you're not smart enough" colored icons are annoying (as I'm capable enough to know if the BPM is out of range by merely looking at the BMP value) and that was going to be another post (how to disable the "auto out of range" display) I just care not to have my display looking like a rainbow of colors.

Plus, other programs let you "unload" a track so i just got to asking. And it appears that you certainly *can* do it so i was more miffed at the fact that 1) a button isn't provided and 2) didn't describe this in the user manual.

But at the end of the day, when i'm actually DJ'ing, it likely won't matter as much to unload a track.

Posted Fri 14 Aug 09 @ 5:40 pm
when one song plays out its simple to just hit on key and have the deck cleared

Posted Fri 14 Aug 09 @ 10:41 pm
I personally try not use the actual "alpha" keys for jobs that could mistakenly affect my play... Like stop, play, load, eject.. ect. I sometime would be clicking around and forget to put the marker back in the search field and start typing only to have that " OOPS " moment. I use side keys that I normally would not use to type. ( home, end, arrows, insert, page ) and things like that. Loops and goto"s, hotkeys are not a show stopper but if you do something else.. well!!!

Posted Fri 14 Aug 09 @ 11:36 pm
fatkatzdj wrote :
I personally try not use the actual "alpha" keys for jobs that could mistakenly affect my play... Like stop, play, load, eject.. ect. I sometime would be clicking around and forget to put the marker back in the search field and start typing only to have that " OOPS " moment. I use side keys that I normally would not use to type. ( home, end, arrows, insert, page ) and things like that. Loops and goto"s, hotkeys are not a show stopper but if you do something else.. well!!!

Yup what he said... I have personally deleted all my keyboard shortcuts for this very same reason. Cood call Fat.

Posted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 4:54 am
good tip fat ..... i'm gonna do that ......i've been using A & S .......

i will use the right click procedure now that i know ....

Posted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 10:05 am
Thanks for the tips. I have assigned the unload function to CTRL+U

And i can see disabling the vital functions too. I haven't giged with it yet, but i can see how having those vital functions to right in front and w/o protection can be accident waiting to happen.

FWIW . . . PCDJ FX assigned all of those vital fxns to the Fn keys way up top of keyboard and I never had any issues or accidents when having to DJ with keyboard (a few months worth when my DAC2 went out.)

I do like the keyboard mapper function too to let us each do what we wish.

Posted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 12:17 pm
I also just found out another reason to have an unload feature. I'm doing some basic music management on my system and using VDJ (the search function is wicked fast.) Some popular tracks i have multiple versions of . . including just multiple versions from various means.

I'm testing different versions of the same track by quickly loading to player and listening. But, If you have a particular track loaded into a deck, you cannot Delete the track (rt click -> file functions -> delete). So instead of wasting the steps to load another track and go back to the bad one to delete it, its much easier to quickly unload (using a one-shot keyboard shortcut) it and then delete it.

Posted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 12:22 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
or in V6 if you right click on the pause button for a couple of seconds and then release, this also unloads the track.

wow.. didnt know that.. nice

thanx!

Posted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 1:41 pm
jdmakiControlleristMember since 2015
I had been looking for a way to do this for a while, But honestly didn't get around to doing a search till now. It's nice to clear the visual lead in when using multiple decks. Sometimes I use deck 3 and 4 just for samples but didn't want to see the colors on the visual display when I wasn't using them. I figured I was just missing the obvious for a while and I guess I was by not right clicking pause. The new version has a custom button that I assigned (you can do multiple options) and I find it handy for a quick unload with a simple click and don't have to worry about any right click problems on my mac if I'm mouseless. I'm sure the couple of us that wanted to unload a deck aren't alone so thanks guys.

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 4:38 pm
You're welcome. All the info is still here, but I don't think we need to post here anymore, since it was started in 2009. Any new information can start with a new thread.

LOCK BY AMAHM

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 2:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)