Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: behringer bcd2000 problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I HAVE A BEHRINGER BCD2000 MIXER, I HOOKED IT UP TO MY LAPTOP WITH VIRTUAL DJ SOFTWARE BUT WHEN I STARTS PLAYING SONGS IT FREEZES AND I HAVE TO RESTART IT. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM? I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 7:11 am
I HAVE A BEHRINGER BCD2000 MIXER, I HOOKED IT UP TO MY LAPTOP WITH VIRTUAL DJ SOFTWARE BUT WHEN I STARTS PLAYING SONGS IT FREEZES AND I HAVE TO RESTART IT. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM? I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 7:11 am
what version are you using?

Posted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 12:09 pm
djzendyHome userMember since 2009
Hi,

I had these problems too. I tested it also with other dj software like traktor and behringers B-DJ and always had this freeze problem after playing and mixing a few minutes. By a fluke I found the DJ-Software UltraMixer ( http://www.ultramixer.com ) which is compatible with Behringer too and there the BCD2000 doesn't freeze. Furthermore I found in several forums that you have to update the driver (firmware) of the BCD2000 to the latest driver version.

I checked the bcd3000 with VirtualDJ and UltraMixer too - and there is no freeze. Just mixing and having fun with VirtualDJ :)

greetings,
zendy

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 9:04 am
The BCD2000 is a piece of crap and it's drivers are the worst you can find.. I do not understand why ppl still use this junk

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 3:16 pm
paulheu wrote :
The BCD2000 is a piece of crap and it's drivers are the worst you can find.. I do not understand why ppl still use this junk

Relaxxx.... im using a BCD2000 for video mixing.... and yeah... it has some problems with the drivers but as a midi controller is not a piece of crap...acctually is very useful.

If you want to give me as a gift a new NS7 or a Vestax controller ill be glad to accept it... LOL ! if not... please... don't say a damn word...

Regards..

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 3:23 pm

Exactly.. its a crap controller

Its will freeze and lock up for the smalles reasons.

What you can do, by recommandations of Behringer, is disable LAN, WiFI and other intense hardware to allow the BCD2000 to operate freely (or else it will crash)

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 3:23 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

Exactly.. its a crap controller

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 3:28 pm
hello,

i have the same problem. Ok you can tell it 's a crapp but, who can help us to resolve this problem?

i have the latest driver for bcd2000 and my config

windows xp sp3
asus intel core duo T5850
3GB ram
2,16 & 2,17ghz
250 GB HD

Best regards

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 4:23 pm
Im going to answer your questions... first of all ... take a seat... be patience... be nice...

Because All of you a trying to use the BCD2000 as a midi controller and soundcard, there are some things that you need to know... There we go:

1- BCD2000 Work's Only with Single Core processors based computers. (if you have a modern pc with 2 procesing cores forget to use the bcd as a soundcard).
2-If you have your WLAN Laptop Card enabled... is going to fail...it frezzes inmediatly.
3-If you minimize the vdj during the show and browse any folder or hard drive... is going to fail... it frezzes inmediatly.
4-If you try to use it as a midi controller and use an USB External Audio Card, is going to hell because there isn't enough USB bandwidth... Guess what ??? ... Yeah... is going to fail....it frezzes inmediatly.

Now .. How you can use the BCD2000 with no problems at all..? Easy...

Once again... take a seat... be patience... be nice...

1-You have to set the bcd just as a midi controller ... so... change your audio settings like this ....

Or like this

And of course forget to ever use the volume sliders.... set them on max always... And YEAH you need an external Mixer...

Conclusion..... yeah... finally... if you are going to continue using it... well... here is a couple things that you must know...

1-If you are using version 5.2.1 and the moramax mapper ver 3.4 ... great... you can set your crosfader to switch only video ... that is great when you are going to mix videos on a live show...

2-If you insist using the BCD as a Midi controller & Soundcard... well... there is nothing more to say that you deserve a FACEPALM...

Like This

Now Seriously...

P.D.

The only Way to use it the way it was intended when the designer's (LOL!), made this fine piece of BCD2000 (ROFL!), is using a Laptop with a single core with the Wlan card disabled and never ever touching anything else than the VDJ Default Skin or the BCD2000 during the show, remember to disable the antivirus before start the show or practice etc... LOL again...

This is a Link to a list of computer's perfectly design to Work with BCD2000

Best Regards...

Djfrochocr ... it was fun to write this tutto !

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 11:11 pm
hello,

thanks for your answer.

So I' ve got another computer asus 1,6 GHZ 1024 RAM 500 external HD and it works well.

what a pity to have a new copmuter with dual core processor which can't work with vdj and bcd2000 as a sound card.

I ve been told that it's possible to disable one of the two processor..

Thanks

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 10:07 am
Yes you can disable one procesor but not from the task manager, because if you do that is going to fail... you have to make it from the bios, and if you do that.... well ... what's the point having a dual core pc then ?

Best Regards !

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 6:47 pm
JackFuPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If it works with your hardware, it's decent. I use one in my TCV setup.

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 9:22 pm
JackFuPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I just added an Acer Aspire One netbook to my setup, and it works great with the BCD2000 and TCV, FYI.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 9:26 pm
Hi, I have a behringer bcd2000 and just yesterday the 'clip' (near the mic controls) light was on and there was no out put. After awhile it went off and was working fine. but today it was on through out and had no joy. To make things worse the whole console just froze up. I could play or press or do anything on my laptop screen but could not physicaly do anything with the console. Has anyoe e;se comeacross this oe does anyone know what to do or whats cusing this? Please advice. many thanks in advance.

Posted Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 5:41 pm
I run a BCD2000 on either an Acer Aspire 9410 or a Gateway MT6705 Dual Core 1.6ghz laptop with 2GHZ RAM on Vista Ultimate OS and VDJ v5.07 running video & audio all night without any problems. As stated turn off wifi, dont minimize VDJ if running video. Most important I had to use the older BCD2000 drivers (I think they are v1.0.0.6). ALSO VERY IMPORTANT TICK & UNTICK SAFEMODE 3X ENDING IN SAFEMODE TICKED. I used the BCD2000 on a weekly basis at the club running video and knock on wood it hasnt failed me. REMEMBER OLDER DRIVERS & TICK/UNTICK SAFEMODE, ALSO I HAVE ONLY HAD SUCCESS/STABILITY WITH VDJ v5.0.7. Hope this helps someone. We can all get along.. :)

Posted Sun 12 Dec 10 @ 5:11 pm
i retract my comment.

Although on another note

Posted Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 4:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)