Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ 6 keyboard settings

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So far VDJ 6 is the best version yet! Just one question, is there a way for me to load my keyboard settings (shortcuts) file that I used in previous versions? I don't see an option to load in the new version. Thanks!

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 10:06 pm
Im assuming vdj reads the old keyboard shortcut database? mine loaded up straight away - but i get where you're coming from - i like to have a different set of keyboard shortcuts when im using tcv and internal mode.

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 10:45 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djfxprogressive wrote :
So far VDJ 6 is the best version yet! Just one question, is there a way for me to load my keyboard settings (shortcuts) file that I used in previous versions? I don't see an option to load in the new version. Thanks!

It should have converted your old keyboard shortcuts.xml file ... did you uninstall and delete the old v5 info ?

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 10:45 pm
DJMarze wrote :
Im assuming vdj reads the old keyboard shortcut database? mine loaded up straight away - but i get where you're coming from - i like to have a different set of keyboard shortcuts when im using tcv and internal mode.

Yes, it kept my old keyboard shortcuts and loaded it fine in v6, but I use multiple files. How can I load a different keyboard shortcut file with the new version? Thanks!

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 10:51 pm
djfxprogressive wrote :
DJMarze wrote :

Yes, it kept my old keyboard shortcuts and loaded it fine in v6, but I use multiple files. How can I load a different keyboard shortcut file with the new version? Thanks!

To explain the new Mapping engine ... everything external to VirtualDJ that can control the software is considered a controller. 1 keyboard - 1 set of mappings.

Why do you use 'multiple' files ? If you explain to me what you use to do in prior versions, I might be able to give you a suggestion on how to make it happen in v6.

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 10:58 pm
I've just been in the habit of using different keyboard shortcuts, depending on whether I use the internal mixer only or an external mixer with TCV. In the previous versions, I just go into Config and choose Load file, then select the keyboard shortcut to use. The Load file option is no longer available in v6. I can probably just merge the files into 1 keyboard shortcut file (I've just been lazy ;), but I'm concerned that this will probably be an issue when I format my HD and install VDJ fresh. It will just use a default keyboard setting, with me not being able to load my merged keyboard shortcut file.

How will I be able to use my shortcuts, without having to re-create them again, after a fresh install of VDJ? Thanks cstoll!

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 11:25 pm
djfxprogressive wrote :
I've just been in the habit of using different keyboard shortcuts, depending on whether I use the internal mixer only or an external mixer with TCV. In the previous versions, I just go into Config and choose Load file, then select the keyboard shortcut to use. The Load file option is no longer available in v6. I can probably just merge the files into 1 keyboard shortcut file (I've just been lazy ;), but I'm concerned that this will probably be an issue when I format my HD and install VDJ fresh. It will just use a default keyboard setting, with me not being able to load my merged keyboard shortcut file.

How will I be able to use my shortcuts, without having to re-create them again, after a fresh install of VDJ? Thanks cstoll!

You can backup the Keyboard Mapping.xml file that is found in the new folder My Documents/VirtualDJ/Mappers .. then you can just copy and replace the default one if you do a format of your system

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 11:46 pm
I suppose I could just install a fresh copy of a previous version and apply my shortcut file, then upgrade to v6. I just thought it may be possible to apply a file directly in v6, as in previous versions.

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 11:48 pm
cstoll wrote :
djfxprogressive wrote :

You can backup the Keyboard Mapping.xml file that is found in the new folder My Documents/VirtualDJ/Mappers .. then you can just copy and replace the default one if you do a format of your system

Ah, your right. I didn't see the Keyboard Mapping.xml file in the Mappers folder (I just saw the shortcuts.xml file in the VirtualDJ folder). That should do the trick. Thanks!

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 11:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)