Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Question: VDJ 6 & Netsearch & crack users?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This is a serious question, Will the people who get the cracked version of VDJ 6 be able to use Netsearch?

VDJ will be cracked (just like all the other versions), that bugs me but doesnt really affect my business..

but if a cracked version will also allow the bottom feeders access to Netsearch, then VDJ just created a whole new wave of competitors.. and that affects my business..

I realize that the music and videos off the net arent DVD quality, but I don't think thats going to stop them.

hippydog

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 5:10 pm

No, one need to be member of VDJ to fully be able to use this feature over time ;)

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 5:12 pm
No, the trial version, and the eventual crack versions, won't be able to use NetSearch.
Only Pro users with a valid login and password, verified every time against our local database on the server (so impossible to crack) can access NetSearch.

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 5:13 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
That might encourage a few crack users to part with their cash! It's a great feature to have.... :-)

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 5:31 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
That is good news Steph, finally something to make them thinking or even consider purchasing a license.

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 5:36 pm
I can see the waves of 'how do I use netsearch, it does not do anything' post coming now..

Posted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 5:57 am

hehe ;) yeah

But VDJ gives them a pop up message that explains that..
Hopefully most will read that...

But there will be threads for sure :)

Posted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 6:01 am
sclavel wrote :
No, the trial version, and the eventual crack versions, won't be able to use NetSearch.
Only Pro users with a valid login and password, verified every time against our local database on the server (so impossible to crack) can access NetSearch.

thanx.. thats good to hear..

Still don't understand the legalities of it, (IE: if Napster back in the day was shutdown, why does VDJ think they will be ignored)
but thats for another day. :-)

Posted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 7:54 am
netsearch must have similar iegalities as serato and white label.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 8:32 pm
i think it's VERY suspicious that user sclavel knows so much about cracks ......

Chuck , the worried supersleuth ........

Posted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 9:42 pm
Netsearch crashes my VDJ when I try to unload a track.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 10:37 pm
djpoopypants wrote :
Netsearch crashes my VDJ when I try to unload a track.

I noticed that the computer better have a good processor...

Posted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 10:49 pm
hippydog wrote :

Still don't understand the legalities of it, (IE: if Napster back in the day was shutdown, why does VDJ think they will be ignored)
but thats for another day. :-)

Ludek wrote :

Google and Youtube are free services, or no? ;-)

1.) google is not the provider, just a search engine..

2.) youtube is a provider of content but if you read their TOS it says somewhere "not for commercial use"..
and technically youtube isnt "free", they sell advertisement, and if they noticed someone stealling their content with no recompense they might decide to shut that software down.. (highly unlikely of course)..

but sense i actually dont know where VDJ is getting its content from its a mute point :-)

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 11:05 pm
dwainPRO InfinityMember since 2003
this NetSearch is awesome....Question?

Let me give you guys an example.......Say I'm looking for " Billy Jean by Mr. Jacko" lol (I already have this song on my hard drive 10 times lol)
It will show he 8 result..cool right.....but when I play those 8 to see which one is good,the songs all 8 say error hmmmmmmmmmmm....Is it because of the website it got the song from hmmmmmmmmm

mind you this was an example.....i was search for a different song, something recent.....it happen several with different songs

But it works great......i was just wondering about the error when the song is loaded in a deck...and yes i was logged in........

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 9:54 am
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hippydog wrote :

but sense i actually dont know where VDJ is getting its content from its a mute point :-)

Try run -> cmd -> netstat during the loading. You can see where are these videos from....

( Mods, you can level up this my post like before. It will be our "small secret" :-)

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 6:51 pm
if the hackers who crack games like modern warfare and l4d2 to play online were djs and liked vdj, they would just make their own cracked database and link it to the cracked one, so those who get the cracked version have a better database with alot more music (user submitted by thousands of members vs. just vdj staff)

would be cool idea... i could see eeveryone who paid for it getting the illegal one saying "it works better! but we still paid for your version 2 !" lol

Posted Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 1:09 pm
"WOMP WOMP"

Posted Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 1:28 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
baalpeteor wrote :
if the hackers who crack games like modern warfare and l4d2 to play online were djs and liked vdj, they would just make their own cracked database and link it to the cracked one, so those who get the cracked version have a better database with alot more music (user submitted by thousands of members vs. just vdj staff)

would be cool idea... i could see eeveryone who paid for it getting the illegal one saying "it works better! but we still paid for your version 2 !" lol

GOOD LUCK !!!!! you have no clue what you are talking about ...

Thread Locked - 6 month old thread resurrected by another clueless NLU

Posted Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 5:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)