Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 36

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
@ refelx50

You are in the wrong place.This is a thread about Hercules products.

@ DnBMau5

Virtual DJ LE bundled with the MP3 e2 only supports this specific controller, so in order to use multiple controllers like the Korg Nanos, you will need to upgrade to Virtual DJ Pro Full.

The fact of owning the LE version entitles you to a discount.

http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Obviously, all versions of VDJ are compatible with iTunes. However, keep in mind that a software that was released some times ago (like the MP3 e2 LE version) may not support all the new features implemented into iTunes since.

Posted Tue 25 Oct 11 @ 7:52 am
am having some issues with the Hercules Rmx dj console at the last gig it embarrassed me. I will be playing a song and all of a sudden it just stops and all buttons freeze and it skips also. I have to shut down vdj and open it up again then everything works. I have been playing with this system for less than year and never gave me any problems until now. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this. Ive tried to config but didnt work, if it needs driver can someone please direct me in the right direction and the correct driver for it please help. Thank you .
gio

Posted Thu 27 Oct 11 @ 2:46 am
DnBMau5Home userMember since 2011
Thanks, so how much is it with the discount in british pounds?

Posted Thu 27 Oct 11 @ 3:21 am
@gcardona74 it could be a number of things:

Is your laptop dedicated to DJing? If not some recent software install/update could be at issue.

What OS? Spec, memory etc. Although this is less likely to be an issue if it hasn't been a problem before.

USB leads can go bad, especially if they are regularly packed/unpacked.

Which version of VDJ are you using? It's not clear from your profile.

Let's start with these few questions and see where we go.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Thu 27 Oct 11 @ 4:17 am
I recently bought ann RMX mk4 and already have a pro version. The source mapping does not work in pro but in the mk4 it does. would somebody help me re-map the mk4 so I can use source 1 and 2 in the pro version? BTW I also have the problem in my RMX. I mapped the source for deck 3 and 4 but now I would like to return it to it's original mapping code but no luck too. I read early on on this thread about the original script tried that but to no avail.

Thank you!

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 10:13 pm
Upon combing thru the posts on this thread, I found the answer on page 33 from the post of DJ Phatso. I'm Good!

Posted Sat 05 Nov 11 @ 9:09 am
ok im about to go nuts!!!!!!!! bought the hercules rmx and my computer is an HP 64-bit windows 7 blah blah brand fricken new computer so i no its up to date! This dam thing wont hook up at all!! have tried every dam thing in the book!! got all the new drivers, did the adobe file hercules has on their website about making sure everything is up to date and the computer reads the drivers and all..Im gettin super pissed becuase their phone service is not working and they're not emailing me back. Ultimately my computer is not reading the connection of my rmx. When i use the cd to install it, everything goes thru, says drivers are installed and virtualdj installs. Then when I go to open up virtual dj after everything is said and done, it wont open becuase it says my device is not connected try again. Then a pop up comes in the lower left of the screen saying bulk failed and so did asio. What the hell is this becuase ive tried everything and the company wont even get back to me and all i wanna do is melt faces and this is preventing me from doing so! Please help me out!

Posted Mon 07 Nov 11 @ 2:08 pm
First of, if your computer has USB 3.0 ports, don't use them (they are easy to recognize since the inside of the connector is blue). Connect your console to the regular USB 2.0 ports instead.

Then, try installing the latest driver (4.HDJS.2011) from the support site, using the following installation procedure:

http://ts.hercules.com/download/sound/txt/DJ_Series_INSTALLATION_PC_EN.pdf

Once done, this is how it should appear in Device Manager to work correctly.

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00350.pdf

If you have problems there, it's obvious that VDJ won't work.

Posted Mon 07 Nov 11 @ 3:01 pm
IT says my drivers just failed to install, I have done everything multiple times and still nothing any other suggeestions

Posted Mon 07 Nov 11 @ 5:39 pm
What exactly do you see in Device Manager ?

What components appear with a yellow exclamation mark (!) next to them ?

Are the LEDs on the console blinking constantly after you connect it to the computer ?

Have you tried different USB port on the computer ?

Posted Tue 08 Nov 11 @ 8:12 am
Hi there, I recently bought my Hercules RMX, which arrived on Saturday, and it came with 2009 drivers and version 5 of Virtual DJ. So i ran the disc and started playing with my new toy and although while mixing everything sounded crystal clear there was a kind of sticking latency going on. So i went on the tech support site for Hercules and there was the fix, the new drivers for 2011 and no more ASIO latency.

Except when i played my Hercules after uninstalling the old and installing the new drivers, the sound was horrendous, a constant crackling sound, like it wasn't using the Hercules soundcard anymore. I have since called Hercules tech support and they have told me to put the old 2009 drivers back on. Which i did but the crackly sound was still there. So i uninstalled them and put the new 2011 drivers back on AGAIN and now the problem is less, but its still there. As i only recieved my controller on Saturday i could still return the device in the next 12 days and get a refund tho i'd rather just get another console.

Any idea how to eradicate this problem as its a joy to use when it works perfectly. I dont want to have a product that works ok when i paid for one to work perfectly.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

ps. I downloaded the Virtual DJ 5.2.2 update from ur site also.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 1:52 pm
The quality of the audio obviously requires the right drivers, but may also depends on many other factors on your computer. USB devices can share resources and potentially conflict with each other. Some issues that would seem invisible with certain devices ( a USB drive or keyboard) can becomes much more obvious when sound is involved.

The following guide will show you some modifications you can apply to your system to help prevent such issues:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

There is also this permanent thread in the PC section of the forum:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/105257/PC_Version_Technical_Support/_DPC_Latency_Checker_(_THESYCON)_Helped_Me_Fix_My_Audio_Problems___.html

Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 6:50 am
Ok thanks for that. I made my lappie use full power and increased the ASIO value and the crackling noise seems to have gone away. But now i have another issue. Not sure if its a VDJ or a Hercules problem but if anyone can help then this is the place to be.

When i want to record a mix the quality of sound is so poor i feel embarrassed to give out cd's. It sounds brilliant when im mixing yet the finished wav file is rubbish. Its all up and down, quiet in the mix and when theres a lot going on in each tune, like synths and bass together, then loud and clear again in the quiet bits of each tune like the breakdown or the vocal on its own. Again its something i have no idea to fix but want to be able to record cd's so the mix is as good as when i put it together.

Cheers, tvb1

Posted Sun 27 Nov 11 @ 8:12 pm
Just thought i'd mention that when i play back the .wav file i've recorded, through my Hercules soundcard, it sounds great as does it when i burn it to disk, its only when i play it through my lappie that is sonds bad, so its not really a VDJ or Hercules problem after all.

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 2:44 pm
Glad you figured it out.

Posted Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 10:09 am
Distorted Audio When Using The Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx and VirtualDJ Pro and Mac OS 10.6.8
I am trying to set up the DJ Console 4-Mx and VirtualDJ Pro Full v7.0.5b. with Mac
I have installed the latest version of the Hercules firmware and Control Panel.
VirtualDJ recognises the controller OK.
My connections are from the Controller to a Mixer then to my Equaliser and Speakers.
What settings do I use in the Hercules Control Panel and in the VirtualDJ CONFIG -> Sound Setup??
The settings I have tried up to now give me a very distorted poor audio quality.
However when I test my system with my older DJ Console RMX I am able to get it to work quite fine.

Posted Thu 08 Dec 11 @ 7:41 am

Posted Thu 08 Dec 11 @ 8:10 am
Support staff wrote :

I did setup as suggested.
The audio sounds good in headphones plugged directly into the controller but is very distorted in the speakers
My connections are from the Controller to a Mixer then to an Equaliser then to the Speakers.
I do not get any audio distortion when I test with my older DJ Console RMX

The audio is also distorted when connected from RCA outputs 1-2 and VERY loud on RCA output 3-4 at the back of the controller.

Posted Thu 08 Dec 11 @ 1:12 pm
Have you tried lowering the input gain on the mixer ?

Posted Fri 09 Dec 11 @ 2:52 pm
mgphotos wrote :

The audio sounds good in headphones plugged directly into the controller but is very distorted in the speakers
My connections are from the Controller to a Mixer then to an Equaliser then to the Speakers.
The audio is also distorted when connected from RCA outputs 1-2 and VERY loud on RCA output 3-4 at the back of the controller.

This how I solved the warped distorted audio problem:
Mac Audio MIDI setup utility:
Applications -> Utilities -> Audio MIDI Setup -> Audio Devices -> Output -> Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx device.
Check that it is set to 44100.0 Hz and 4-Ch 16 bit.
Deselect Mute on all Channels
Zero Volume on Ch1 & 3
Maximum Volume on Ch 2 & 4

Posted Fri 09 Dec 11 @ 3:08 pm
84%