Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ VIDEO EXTERNAL MONITOR SETUP WITH WINDOWS VISTA - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello,

I have VDJ PRO and all works well. I have Windows Vista and when I plug the lap top to the external monitor it runs through the auto detection and the choices given are more for using the monitor as a screen for the laptop.

I want to get the video to show on the monitor but not able to figure it out. Could you please provide the steps starting with the config settings in VDJ PRO and how to set up Windows Vista to only show the video in the external monitor. Thanks!

Posted Sat 09 May 09 @ 2:53 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hope this may help, if you get stuck give a shout back and i see what i can do for you, just remember have all cables connected to monitor and lappy before you boot up....

i selected soniques to use when playing audio only files so your screens are never blank but you could also choose clipbank if you liked.

Posted Sat 09 May 09 @ 6:29 am
Go into the config of vj click the video tab make sure it said enable. and activate and use hardware acc is check then click on the dropdown arrow where it said tv output and select the laptop video card and the video should show on the monitor. i just did mine and its working fine.

Posted Sun 10 May 09 @ 12:12 am
i take it you just watched the video then.... lol

Posted Sun 10 May 09 @ 3:25 am
Please excuse the delay in response. Had several gigs this weekend. Thanks for the video. I do not get the same option as it illustrates. What I get is attached specifically two options in the monitor tab:

-Generic PnP Monitor
-Generic Non PnP Monitor

Do I need to download the program shown in the video?

Posted Sun 10 May 09 @ 6:14 pm
Attaching the pic again incase the first one did not work.

Posted Sun 10 May 09 @ 6:29 pm
no probs, work comes first, that was made on a xp desk top but settings should just be about the same for a vista lappy, just make sure you select dual view.

if you are still having problems let me know and i'll make a vid on the lappy, or if you like pm me with your msn and i will talk you through it that way if you like.

if your needing any effect plug ins go to top of page and put mouse over downloads move to plug ins > video effects and select whatever you want, i've made a couple of vids which may help, lol, so hope fully you will get an idea on how they work.

installing soniques

if you get confused with that i've made a printed version

Go into config > choose video tab > go down to the bottom right drop down window and select sonique, to the left make sure you tick the box, come out of config and select effects > select video tab > select sonique > select/click on activate > select open > this is where you go to where you have your sonique folder, now open the folder and double click on a file, this will now run your sonique effects. you can now play with the two sliders for the type of effect you want. slide show delay will give you how long each effect will run for and the transparency will let you fade the soniques over other effects like a video, show logo etc...

N.B If you have the time go through your individual soniques and delete the crappy ones, saves getting them up on the screen.

Posted Mon 11 May 09 @ 4:00 am
Tayla, Those are great and for sure I will use. Just incase I noticed the pic that I tried to post did not show up at all. What I\'m getting for windows vista (right click properties on the desk top) is what you see (I hope, having a hard time getting the image to show up here). 4 tabs (Adapter, Monitor, Troubleshoot, Color Management). The monitor tab offers only these two options:

-Generic PnP Monitor
-Generic Non PnP Monitor

So in the first video it shows you having more tabs and the one tab you selected was with Nvidia. Do I need to download something from Nvidia to make it work?

Posted Mon 11 May 09 @ 4:50 am
to put your image on screen follow this sequence but without the gaps...

[ img ] the url to your pic [ / img ] i normally put my images in photoshack

or if you can give me a link to the photo i will check it out

Posted Mon 11 May 09 @ 5:13 am
haha, you made it... ok

hang on will set my gig lappy up

Posted Mon 11 May 09 @ 5:13 am
Doesn't look like Vista has detected your 2nd screen (looking at the screen shot you posted).
Also you have a ATI Radeon graphics card not Nvidia.

I'll leave Paul to help you out with this one - but i will check later when i get in from work in case i can help in anyway.

Posted Mon 11 May 09 @ 5:33 am
right click on desk top
>
select display settings
>
advance settings
>
select geforce tab
>
start nvidia control panel
>
choose display
>
change display configuration
>
1. select config independently (dual view)
>
2. select display > laptop display + tv
>
open up vdj and go into config > video tab > follow the previous settings shown.

if you still have probs let me know

Posted Mon 11 May 09 @ 5:43 am
Paul - from his screenshot he doesnt have an Nvidia graphics card.....

Posted Mon 11 May 09 @ 5:45 am
will the proceedures not be the same dan

Posted Mon 11 May 09 @ 6:24 am
or at least similar

Posted Mon 11 May 09 @ 6:24 am
Dan, you are correct for the screen shot that I posted; the lap top was not plugged to the 2nd screen. The pic was to show the tabs and that I do not have Nvidia like the video providing the steps shows. You mention I have an ATI Radeon graphics card. Will this work similar to Nvidia as Paul I think is asking???

djtouchdan wrote :
Paul - from his screenshot he doesnt have an Nvidia graphics card.....

tayla wrote :
will the proceedures not be the same dan

tayla wrote :
or at least similar

If so what are the steps? Or do I need to get another software (Nvidia??) to make it work??

Posted Mon 11 May 09 @ 6:32 pm

Posted Tue 12 May 09 @ 3:33 am
In theory the steps should be similar - but possibly not work for work correct.

Nvidia isn't a piece of software it is the manufacturer of graphics card, as is ATI.

All my systems run Nvidia graphics otherwise i would run a step by step guide in how to set yours up. I would suggest ensuring the 2nd screen is plugged in when trying to set it up - as it may automatically detect the screen for you and enable you to skip some of the steps that Paul has mentioned.

Follow the link that Paul has given you and then should push you in the right direction. =)

Posted Tue 12 May 09 @ 5:12 am
Dan & Paul, wanted to give you an update and pass on my thanks. Like you mentioned the steps provided by Paul and as seen in the set up video somewhat applied using the ATI Catalyst Control Center. I got it to work on a single TV and will be testing it at the club which has over 20 TV's. FYI they are all linked up from the booth using a VCR video output. I will use the S Video jack on the VCR to link up my laptop. Hopefully it will work. Will pass on the results soon.

Posted Tue 26 May 09 @ 1:42 am
haha wondered where you went... great to hear we could help, that should work without any problems, sounds like your using the video recorder to send a uhf/normal tv picture signal to the screens (saves on a rewire i suppose, lol), just remember this will not be as sharp.

Posted Tue 26 May 09 @ 1:51 am
87%