Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DirectX sound driver error

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was using virtual dj and the program crashed and then ceased to work giving the 'corrupted database' message.
Since then I have tried deleting the database file and reinstalling the program. I now have the message 'DirectX sound driver error' when I try and open the program. I doesn't open, instead it crashes and my laptop's graphics get changed to 800x600.
Any help trying to reslove this would be much appriciated.

Posted Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 1:22 pm
Try this:

1) Uninstall VDJ, delete the VDJ directory (in C:Program Files/)
2) Reboot your computer
3) Install the last version of Microsoft Direct X
4) Install VDJ

Posted Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 5:04 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
'DirectX sound driver error' can be the result of a device (mainly a sound device like an external sound card or a xp-10 that was attached and being used the last time VDJ was running, is no longer attached and VDJ is hunting for it.
If that's the case, just launch VDJ again and all should be OK as long as you don't want to use that device any more.

Posted Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 5:14 pm
Still not working. Tried several times to fix it by deleting the directory and reinstalling. Also tried updating directX. Still get the same message. After the 'directX sound driver error' message, windows closes the program and asks me if I want to send an error report.

Posted Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 6:54 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I think you wanted to force ASIO on your sound card. If that's the case, just try without, just to see...
Sometimes general drivers ASIO doesn't work

Otherwise install the good drivers for your sound card or verify your sound card inside your computer (change the slot maybe)

Posted Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 7:28 pm
this happened to me on my last laptop after installing vdj. in the end my local store replaced my laptop, now only have the problem of no shortcuts .....

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 10:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)