Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Installation error ? Disable NOD32 anti virus - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 9:47 am
i have contacted and contacted support.."open chat support"whatever that means since it isn't live.. and support ticket..i called at 4:40 and got a message that said closed and it wasn't even 5pm eastern time today... I receive the saaaaaaammme message every response download center and install this version links.... i had to use my buddies Serato this past Saturday or cancel the gig since i couldn't use my "new upgrade Pro".. which for some odd reason had no trouble "uninstalling money from my bank account to pay for it".... i've never questioned VDJ before but i'm starting to question the "support" you get when you had problems with the software... I keep getting Protection error 2!!! I need this for my gigs or i need for the money to be put back in my bank account so i can just switch to Serato and just will pay a liitle more if it brings me a peace of mind!

Posted Tue 31 Jul 12 @ 4:40 pm
On-line chat when available is live and in real time. But due to demand, agents can be busy at times. You can also click on OPEN SUPPORT TICKET to submit an e-Ticket. This will be logged on the system and will be responded to as soon as possible (Usually within 24-48 hours.)

If you are getting a protection error then this is probably due to a previous version that you have installed that is corrupted.

Please do the following:

* Register your Pro serial number on the page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html

* Follow the steps on the following page to perform a clean installation of the software: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20perform%20a%20clean%20re-installation%20of%20the%20software.html

Posted Tue 31 Jul 12 @ 4:59 pm
java626Home userMember since 2012
hey guys...I'm having an issue. I have multiple users on my computer and on the administrator's profile, the program runs perfectly. When I attempt to use it on my profile, a message pops up saying to "reinstall from original installer". I did multiple times and the message remains. I'm new to this program so can I get some help please?

Posted Thu 09 Aug 12 @ 11:16 pm
You will need to install the software while logged in as the user who you wish to use it as.

If they are not an administrator, right-click on the VirtualDJ installation file and choose Run as administrator or alternatively, temporarily give your user administrative rights.

Please see:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Invalid%20Skin%20Error.html

Posted Fri 10 Aug 12 @ 5:08 am
OK...

What I did was install Microsoft's Security Essentials. The last time I installed Avira and the like (all free AV programs) and it never caused any issues...just that unnecessary resources were used up. What you all can do is stop using NOD32. It clashes with a lot of programs, not just Virtual DJ.

Use a laptop purely for DJ'ing. Do not use it for anything else. Occasionally, for surfing but that is about it. Keep a desktop or laptop that is used for everyday use separate from the one you use for DJ-ing, especially if it is your bread and butter.

Note: the laptop I used for DJ'ing is an old Lenovo X61. It is small, unobtrusive and light...easy to carry. I have a separate desktop and laptop at home for everyday use

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 7:47 pm

I HAVE PURCHASED VIRTUAL DJ BASIC AN CAN NOT INSTALL CAUSE I KEEP GETTING ERROR 250 TRYED CALLING TECH SUPORT NO HELP TRYED TECH SUPORT ONLINE NO HELP IF I CAN NOY GET NO TECH SUPORT HELP ASAP I WANT A REFUND OF M 99.00 DOLARS CREDIT BACK TOO MY BANK ACCT.

Posted Mon 17 Dec 12 @ 7:59 pm
ShortsEHome userMember since 2012
Id like to add that its happening in Quick Heal too and Avira too. So, following this post, the 2 antivirus should be disabled too.

Production Company Miami

Posted Fri 28 Dec 12 @ 3:37 am
how do you get to DJ on this website? As in what or where do you click/go in order to start DJing?

Posted Wed 02 Jan 13 @ 11:54 pm
Please open your own new topic rather than hi-jacking an existing one that is not related to your question in any way.

Your message has nothing to do with installation errors due to NOD32 (Or similar) anti-virus.

To open a new topic, please click on the pen and paper icon at the top of the forum topic list page.

NOTE: If you are referring to VirtualDJ Radio, please see http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/101881/Virtual_DJ_Radio/HOW_TO_BE_A_DJ_ON_VIRTUALDJ_RADIO__English_Francais_Espanol_Italian_German_.html

Posted Thu 03 Jan 13 @ 10:05 am
I used to have the same problem and after having disabled NOD32 all became ok. Thanks for the advice.
[Link removed - Advertising is not permitted on the VirtualDJ forums. Please read the forum rules.]

Posted Fri 12 Jul 13 @ 1:34 am
the problem that keeps coming up with the Gemini 700 CDJ's is working with the Virtual DJ software the cdj's have their own controller so no need to have a controller. I have used several set up configurations for the software to find the 2 cdj's and the mixer, the problem is it is not consistent on the settings, once you have the settings working like it supposed the cdj's controlling the software then your done, two days later you try the same set up, does not work, nothing seems to stay consistent, the cdj's connect to the laptop through usb, and yes I have checked the usb's they are good. I have followed the instructions the Gemini gives you for the set up to work the Virtual Dj, and their (Gemini;s ASIO driver) does not work correclty all the time, so I went on their site nothing, so went on Virtual DJ site(here) and found there is a general ASIO drinver called ASIO4 it works better than the Gemin driver, it forces gemini to be used like WDM driver.
. So that works, then its stops working now I tried some more settings, got it to work different type of setting's, that work for the most part, but it has issues now with the mixer, only working through on one channel, so that will not work, like I said before the settings I had on it work perfect, but its changes with out any rhyme or reason. Any help would I would be grateful, and yes I updated each of the Gemni cdj;s 700's
Now the ASIO4 ALL does not load correctly, when it works correctly meaning everything set up cdj's are connected and the ASIO4 ALL is loaded and settings are made, I load Virtual DJ up and on the bottom of the screen the ASIO4 pops up on the bottom of the screen says loading sounds,etc, and good to go. But now that pop up does not come up anymore and when I load up Virtual DJ I get an error saying not enough sound devices, and then that is when nothing works correctly with the cdj's. I have 64 bit PC 18GB memory, and stuff.
Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.
Thanks have a blessed day
Scotty

Posted Fri 18 Oct 13 @ 10:07 am
HELLO FELLOW DJ..IM IN FLORIDA IM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY VIRTUAL DJ OR MY VMS4...I CANT Q N PLAY AT THE SAME TIME IF IM PLAYING A SENT ....N WANT TO Q..I CANT HEAR ANITHING...I FORMAT THE COMPUTER..N INSTALLED THE SOFWARE SAME PROBLME I CALLED VMS4..TEHY SAYES IT WASNT THE ..VMS4....SO IT MUST BE THE SOF WARE...KNOW I GET A BOX..ITS A CRASH GUARD...WITH TWOOPTIONS GREEN RECOVER IT TURNS EVERITHING OFF..IT REBOOTS...A RED BOX.WITH AN X..SHUTDOWN..IT TURNS SYSTEM OFF REBBOT....IT HAS A BOX TO SEND THE REPORT..I HAVENT HEARD FROM VIRTUAL DJ ITS BEEN TWO WEEKS...I FINALLY LEARNED NOT TO TOUCH THE BOX IT PLAYS BUT I STILL CANT Q..PLEASE HELP CORTESJESUS38.AT G MAIL.COM...IF ANYONE HAS THIS PROBLEM

Posted Mon 13 Jan 14 @ 5:34 pm
Hey. I just installed VDJ home to get a test run of it before I buy it.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate with all service updates. I downloaded and installed VDJ Home to my computer. First strange thing is that it creates no desktop shortcut. It is instead found in my C:/Program Files (x86)/Virtual DJ. After I finish installing it opens the software and everything runs fine. Then I left it open on my computer overnight to use it in the morning. I closed VDJ Home so I could reset the decks and get fresh songs on them. When I tried to open VDJ home again, I got this message :

Installation Error!
Please reinstalll VirtualDJ from the official installer.
If you have multiple user accounts on this computer, make sure you install from the account you are using, not administrator.

After this, I went and reinstalled it. It acted exactly the same as it had before through installation and testing, but after closing and attempted re-opening it gave me the same message. This is really starting to annoy me and I would love some help with this. Thanks!

Posted Thu 06 Mar 14 @ 6:03 pm

Posted Thu 06 Mar 14 @ 8:22 pm
ive got a pblm after installing virtual le that came with my brand new ddj ergo v .... when i double click on it to start a message pops up saying : protection error 12 ... can someone help??? urgent

Posted Mon 10 Mar 14 @ 10:44 am
I don't know what is wrong. I have been using the same laptop (WIN 7) and external hard drive for at least the last 9 months to a year. No crashes, ever. Last week, I was setting up to do a show, and I tried to update my database by right clicking "add to database" and usually it takes off scanning really fast, but this time, it was very very slow until it just stopped due to the VirtualDJ software "not responding". So it's locked up, and won't scan the hard drive. CTRL ALT DEL to open task manager, I closed the software. I did a system restore. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing.

I've checked the permissions. Adjusted the settings for Full Control on all users, I've uninstalled and reinstalled 2 different versions. I even tried v3.4 (my favorite for doing karaoke). I've tried loading files from the external hard drive that I been using and the backup hard drive that is an absolute copy. I've run virus checks on both hard drives and the computer.

My laptop has not shown any other problems. Tonight, I updated to Pro v7.4.1 and got the same thing. Will NOT allow the drive to be added to the database.

WTF is up? Any clues?

Thanks!

Posted Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 9:54 pm
Once I purchase the pro infinity will i need an external controller to perform live gigs yes, no, recommended? or can i simply perform directly from my pc through a pa system?

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 5:26 pm
It depends on your own personal preferences and what sort of gigs you are doing.

An external MIDI controller will give you more direct hands-on control over the software and will allow you to use both hands to perform two functions at the same time. But if you don't need that, you can just use your mouse and/or keyboard shortcuts.

Also, a controller that has built-in hardware mixing capabilities or a emergency hardware 'thru' option will allow you to plug in a backup (E.g: iPod with suitable playlist) for emergency use should you encounter any problems with your computer. If you are playing live gigs, you should always ensure that you have some sort of backup system on standby that you can fall back on in an emergency. If you are working in a club or bar, then there will usually be a house mixer that you can plug your backup into and/or there may be in house CD players that you can use as a backup.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 5:03 am
ClamarPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hola e comprado el virtual dj Plus para mi controladora pero manejo vídeo, en ningún lugar especifican que al comprar esta versión de virtual dj no deja quitar el logo por lo que es molesto reproducir videos así, me costo $100 quisiera saber como hago para obtener el pro con lo que ya pague ya que no es justo que tenga que pagar el precio full del pro cuando pague una versión plus y ustedes no especifican las falencias de este o si es el caso la devolución de mi dinero para comprar el full, e enviado un ticket hace mas de 48 horas y no recibo ninguna respuesta y esto me urge que tengo que hacer, en esta versión no dan un serial o algo para adquirir el pro y recibir el descuento de lo que ya pague, por favor una solución.

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 1:28 pm
91%