Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: WHAT A Nightmare!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Recently posted about a 500GB hard drive that went down...the same day i probably had the biggest gig to date
Luckily i was able to survive the gig.. (in fact... i did so well i even got a few more bookings)

Currently I am into one moth of my first season of a Video Mix series that i produce for TV .... basically remixes mashups .. normally 45 mins long....close to being sponsored because the general viewers seem to be liking what i do.......now this is not going so well since the majority of what i lost was what i worked with. I have lost at least 6 months work on mashups etc...promo only and retro collection over the past year and a half.

Recovering my data is not possible unless i actually tear down the hard drive and rescue the data from each platter... that is the diagnosis.

This is certainly a nightmare.........what do you do when your backup goes??????????

Posted Sat 07 Feb 09 @ 8:20 am
one good way of making backups for this kind of situation is to actually share your video and music with a good friend.
put a copy of your stuff on their harddrives, use some trusted people who would not pass your stuff onto others.

i have a friend who is not a DJ, but hes into building PCs, and has some spare space for some of my essential musics and videos..
nobody else will get to that backup for sure.

Posted Sat 07 Feb 09 @ 10:06 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I have four external hard drives. All with the same amount of music on them One remains plugged into my main desktop. Two in my travel bag. And one that sits on a shelf. The only way to save your data is to create as many backups as possible.

Posted Sat 07 Feb 09 @ 10:20 am
yeah i have my back up hd that is also on my destop systems extra drive

Posted Sat 07 Feb 09 @ 12:48 pm
I've had great success using this company... http://www.drivesavers.com/

It may be worth the price since these are your only copies of all the hard work you've put in.

Posted Sat 07 Feb 09 @ 1:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)