Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PIONEER Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 47

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does this still happen when using just the DJM digitally into the Tascam (no computer or VDJ)?

The reason being, it sounds like it could be a problem with the word clock coming from the DJM. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_clock

Posted Sun 09 Aug 15 @ 10:09 am
Thanks for the super fast reply.

It hasn't happened yet without using the Pioneer Sound Card, I've transferred 20+ vinyls going straight phono then pioneer - digital out - tascam and it didn't ever do it.

When I'm going through the headphones split with virtual DJ (how I normally go when I'm out) I've never had it do the slow down thing either and it's been many many hours out since I upgraded to VDJ8 and with my skin.

It's also been getting worse - I did record hour or so set just fine the other day. On the second set a couple days later it did it once towards the end.

On the third set it did it twice, and today it couldn't get through setting the cue points without disconnecting twice and slowing down a few other times.

I read a bit about the clock, the digital settings are pretty finicky on the tascam - the only way the two to 'meet' is at 48 mhz but there aren't a whole lot of other options to mess with.

DJGM

Posted Sun 09 Aug 15 @ 10:22 am
Yes, do try and keep the sample rates of everything the same to avoid resampling/converting from one clock rate to another.

Are you using a "proper" digital RCA cable from the DJM to the Tascam, not just a normal black/red audio RCA? Is it long or short?

Also try a different USB cable from computer to DJM - preferably one with ferrite beads on.

Posted Sun 09 Aug 15 @ 10:33 am
Hey,

Thanks again for working with me on a Sunday on this, I really appreciate it.

Some troubleshooting results:

- Here's a sample of the issue - http://invisible.productions/vdjslow.mp3

- If the Tascam is recording digitally, analogue or not recording/connected at all there is the same issue.

- New USB Cable with an extension on it with the ferrite crystals still causes the same issue.

- It certainly appears to do it when I'm loading a new song (which goes very slowly in its track look-over) or when I preview the next track.

- Seems like a communication issue between VDJ and the Pioneer - my RAM is doing fine on the computer and so is the HD Space, CPU Meter etc.

- Switching to Analogue (headphone jack split) fixes the problem entirely, and the songs again load in the decks fast with fast look-overs

I did two tracks in my next mix with the ferrite extension and it was still laggy, and then switched over to to the Analogue to do the remaining 9 tracks in the mix.

No problems for the rest of the mix, other than by doing that I'm going to Mono and through A2D's.

I also left the Pioneer plugged in for the rest of the mix via USB (just not using it in VDJ) and no problems.

Could there be some sort of USB/Sound Card cache that's maxing out separately from the main RAM?

Thanks again,

DJGM

Posted Sun 09 Aug 15 @ 12:59 pm
I forgot to add that, while it works, I have the MIDI Talk-back functions disabled on the Pioneer.

Best,

DJGM

Posted Sun 09 Aug 15 @ 3:48 pm
Looking for info on the Pioneer XDJ-RX and Virtual DJ 8. I have downloaded the midi map and tried to get the crossfaders to map with no luck. C
Has anybody had luck with this? I won the mixer at the dj show in AC. I watched a couple of guys pull it off on youtube. I do 100% Video Shows.
Thanks
J

Posted Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 8:08 pm
does anyone on here have a vdj 8 mapper for the DJM 2000 audio & video .

Posted Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 5:43 am
Hey Pulse

Having trouble with my setup
Have an Asus laptop windows 10 with VDJ 7.4
usb interface
and Pioneer djm 3000

I cant seem to find the right setup to make it all work to run 2 channels on djm.
i dont want to run cdj or anything. just use vdj to control djm and visa versa.
Or is this not possible.

laptop is connected to interface via usb. and thats about all i've figured out.

any thoughts?

cheers

Posted Mon 14 Dec 15 @ 9:10 am
cmaayLE userMember since 2015
hi i have virtual dj 8 and i use my pioneer wego controller. hHowever it only allows me 10 mins of play time? how can this be resolved?

Posted Mon 01 Feb 16 @ 3:23 pm

Posted Mon 01 Feb 16 @ 5:41 pm
hi

recently bought my pioneer ddj sz2 but I see that there is no support for this control, I'm using vdj8 someone knows something?

Posted Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 4:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)