Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I'M BACK!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

I just wanted to let y'all know that, after a period of internetlesness (lol), I've returned. Gawd, I missed this place :D

Also, I've just un-boxed the RMX tonite (thought the wife would kill me when it arrived, hehe) and I'm dyin' to play around wit it, so I'll be brief. If anyone has any tips about the RMX that might be helpful, please, do tell :)

I'll probably be around over the weekend for those that want to stroke my ego ;);)

DJ Doc

Posted Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 9:09 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Alright mate, long time and all that, lol.

See you brought a RMX, bloody cool. I have look at this mate. These are the setting I use, and its a good starting point. I don't have any issues with it on them.

Make sure you get the latest drivers for it from the hercules Tech site, Dec08 package.

BTW, Nice to see you back matey :)

Posted Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 10:53 pm
Guess who´s back!

Posted Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 12:16 am
I'm not sayin' I'm "Slim Shady" but...I"m standin' up, LMAO!!

I knew that I could count on you to welcome me back, Jimmy--Cheers, mate! Couldn't figure out how to draw a pint for you, so here's a mug [|_| ...hehe. BTW, thanks for the tip on your RMX setup ;)

I'm currently using ASIO with 2ms latency--working GREAT!! Ironically, I also have McAfee running on my VDJ hardware profile (which I didn't even realize, hehe). The other thing that I noticed when I first started messing with it was that I wasn't even in the VDJ profile and it still worked! Granted, there were a couple of hiccups, which had me concerned, but in the normal HW profile on my lappy there's lots of stuff running.

I can't believe how much better this thing is than the MK2--WOW! I have to re-train for scratching 'cause the RMX is sooo much more sensitive, and it actually sounds like a scratch should. I'm so bloody happy I could just...well, you know, lol :)

Posted Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 4:13 pm
Welcome back!! I always run mcaffee & have no problems, and the mapper for the rmx so far runs great for me;^]

Posted Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 4:31 pm
Thanks for the info on McAfee...That will save me some time in tweaks.

I haven't actually tried the mapper yet, Timmy...What can it do? Are we talking about re-mapping the default 1-6 buttons, or is there something more? I'm still foolin' with the new kit, if ya know what i'm sayin'

My only gripe so far is that the kill switch lights aren't active on the RMX, so I might forget that I've pushed them in a mix :( It would really be cool if they were.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 4:56 pm
Naw, it doesn't add any light features and it won't work for the 6+6 buttons, but it does the rest of the switches & buttons. All I've done with it is change the balance knob to key_smooth for default deck and the source buttons for each deck to loop. My only gripe is that the source buttons lights no longer work with that mapping, but not too big a deal for me. Definatly try it out, it works great for what it is;^]

Posted Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 5:02 pm
Hi people, Had the RMX since christmas now and it is a great piece of kit to work with, now just recently bought VDJ Pro and have noticed that the only problem with it is that the smart loop button doesnt work which seems to be a big issue with timing loops usingthe loop in and loop out function. . . Is this a common occurance for anyone else or just me?

Posted Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 6:22 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
babycook wrote :
t the only problem with it is that the smart loop button doesnt work which seems to be a big issue with timing loops usingthe loop in and loop out function. . . Is this a common occurance for anyone else or just me?

Yes, it's a common problem alot of users have talked about it.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 10:47 pm
babycook wrote :
Hi people, Had the RMX since christmas now and it is a great piece of kit to work with, now just recently bought VDJ Pro and have noticed that the only problem with it is that the smart loop button doesnt work which seems to be a big issue with timing loops usingthe loop in and loop out function. . . Is this a common occurance for anyone else or just me?

I've noticed looping problems if the BPM is incorrect. For example, I had a track that just would not loop right, adjusted the BPM, and everything was fine after that--if it helps ;)

--I'm still learning on the RMX, too, so I can't be of much help...YET :)

Posted Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 5:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)