Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: NEW Numark Omni Control Midi Map - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 3:00 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 3:16 am
laid it out different and is for use with a skin I made.

Why don't you check out the file before you delete links?

Posted Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 3:32 am
It's already in waiting zone, I will test and ask to Simon from Numark if is ok before to approve ;)

Posted Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 3:48 am
Sounds Good.

Yay Nay on the results?

Posted Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 10:31 am
Hey,

I've just brought the Numark Omni Controller and would like to download the Midi map download so I can map it with my Virtual DJ Home Edition. Is there any reason why it won't let me download it from the website?

Cheers

Posted Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 12:36 pm
Mapper are only for PRO user and I don't think you can use any controller with your home edition.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 1:34 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
clark3387 wrote :
Hey,

I've just brought the Numark Omni Controller and would like to download the Midi map download so I can map it with my Virtual DJ Home Edition. Is there any reason why it won't let me download it from the website?

Cheers

You need to read the Home Edition capabilities.

Home Edition 2008 (V5) does not support controllers. You need to upgrade to VirtualDJ Pro to get the controller features.

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/homeedition.html

"VirtualDJ HomeEdition includes all the features of the professional VirtualDJ software except for direct 2nd Video Output (Window Mode only) and those which involve additional hardware (mixer, turntable, midi, ...)."

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Posted Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 3:12 pm
Lynx234PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi

I have just bought a Numark Omni Control and intend to use it in the future with Virtual DJ Pro.

Before I buy the software, can you please tell me if the above mentioned xml-file enables the key illumination on the controller?

This is not the case when I assign the functions manually in Virtual DJ 5.2 Trial. The illumination works with the bundled Traktor LE, but
I dislike this software and would prefer VDJ.

If there is no way to enable the keypad lights, I have to return the Numark controller and go for a different one, which is better supported. Any recommendations of fully supported MIDI controllers with built-in soundcard in the region of up to 500$ ?

Posted Sat 07 Feb 09 @ 4:31 am
Hercules RMX have native support into Virtual DJ and all LEDS works.

A VDJ console edition is also included into the package and a special price for PRO version is also available ;)

Posted Sat 07 Feb 09 @ 5:54 am
Thank you very much for the quick response and the recommendation!

I will consider the Hercules RMX and let you know ;-)

Posted Sat 07 Feb 09 @ 6:32 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
lynx, must inform you not all of the function buttons on the rmx illuminate, there are only 15 that do which is a right old pain, it was the way it was designed as it is only powered from the usb.

Posted Sat 07 Feb 09 @ 7:00 am
Lynx234 wrote :
If there is no way to enable the keypad lights, I have to return the Numark controller and go for a different one, which is better supported. Any recommendations of fully supported MIDI controllers with built-in soundcard in the region of up to 500$ ?

This is not possible with the general MIDI mapper - Native support is required for working button LED's. The Numark Omni Control is very new, so it is not natively supported by VirtualDJ yet. It may be supported in the next software update.

All-in-one natively supported controllers with working button LED's include:

• Hercules DJ Console RMX or Steel*, or the older Hercules DJ Console MK2 or MP3*
  • Numark Total Control*
  • M-Audio Xponent
  • Vestax VCI-100*

* Indicates controllers which do not have a built-in sound card.

Posted Sat 07 Feb 09 @ 12:58 pm
Thank you all so much for the recommendations and remarks!
I have returned the Numark and I'm very happy now with the Hercules RMX...
And the upgrade to VDJ Pro is only 120 Euro, so this controller actually saves me 180 Euro as I wanted to go with this software anyway. :-)

Posted Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 6:27 am
Is the skin approved? Just got the software and now the Omni control and loaded the midi but need the skin

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 7:42 am
Lynx234 wrote :

This is not possible with the general MIDI mapper - Native support is required for working button LED's. The Numark Omni Control is very new, so it is not natively supported by VirtualDJ yet. It may be supported in the next software update.

All-in-one natively supported controllers with working button LED's include:

Hercules DJ Console RMX or Steel*, or the older Hercules DJ Console MK2 or MP3*
Numark Total Control*
M-Audio Xponent
[*] Vestax VCI-100*

* Indicates controllers which do not have a built-in sound card.

hey...i just got myself the omni control shipped to india from the US. i paid a bomb for the shipping and made the mistake of assuming vdj v5.2 pro would support it. since thats not the case, and there's definitely no way i can return it, im seeking your help to configure and sync the controller with the verison of vdj i have. please help....will be extremely grateful!!!

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 12:14 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You can map it manually using the General MIDI controller section, thats what most of these XML files are ;)

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 12:26 pm
Did Adamfear's XML file and skin ever get approved. I'd be happy to test it and let you know what I think.

Also any ideas when the Omni control will be native to VDJ?

Cheers, Mark

Posted Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 3:59 pm
arzee1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm using Numark Omni Controller and v 6.0.7 demo. I'm trying to remap some buttons using the mapper but with no luck. I press a button (LOOP_IN) then type the function (loop_in) and do the same for LOOP_OUT. When I test no lights or functionality. Does anyone know how to map with the midi notes? I have the midi note layout but how can I use it with the mapper or how do I use the vdj script with the mapper?

Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 7:00 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The Omni Control is natively supported and thus will be automatically detected by VDJ; it will then show up in the dropdown box in the mappers window.

If it doesn't, then VDJ hasn't detected it.

This however is not the correct place for your question I'm afraid; it would be better posted in the Hardware forum.

Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 9:32 pm
91%