Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Thinking of switching

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djlayzHome userMember since 2009
Hi everyone. I'm a mobile DJ in canada and i've been using alcatech's bpm studio for the last 6 years as well as some american audio players (cdi500) and a behringer mixer (djx700). Its a wonderful product and its been great over the years. But, now I need to do better things and bpm just can't do it. Then i came upon virtual dj, this seems like what i need. I like that it can control video and dmx lighting all from 1 program. Anyways i've been researching everything for the last couple of weeks and now have some questions before i buy anything.
1. I want to get the numark iCDX, can i use 2 of them with vdj? i need 2 because i still may need to use cd's. i know you only need one to control both decks but, can you use 2 of them to control each deck?
2. I would also like to get the Behringer DDM4000, Can i control all effects, even video effects & trasinstions with it, and DMX control?
3. How do you hook up the DMX to the computer? i have noticed many different products, would a chauvet xpress 100 work?
4. My current computer config is a Dual-Core 1.46 with 1gb of ram, with a basic video card (works fine when i try to mix the video), if i upgraded to 4gb of ram do you think it would run really stable?
Thanks In advance
DJ Lay-Z

Posted Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 9:49 am
for your first question yes u kan use the icdx but you would use them to control VDJ..and for your last question yes it would run more stable...but ive also heard it would be to get a Video ram which would work better...

Posted Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 9:59 am
I left Alcatech BPM and the RCP controller last year and changed to VDJ and the DN-HC4500.

No looking back.

I agree BPM was good in it's time, but things have moved on and Alcatech are letting BPM rot away.

VDJ is better in some ways and poorer in others, but overall a worthy upgrade.

Keith

Posted Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 12:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)