Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to copy BPMs, and Cue points from 5.2 onto a new computer? Please advise

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just got a new laptop and I want to keep all my cue points, and BPM info from my previous laptop.

Is there a simple way to copy and paste? Is there just one file to copy and paste or more?

Any suggestions and tips would be appreciated.

Thanks. CM

Posted Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 9:14 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Chris, do you keep you files on a external harddrive or do you use the internal one in your laptop?.

Posted Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 9:18 am
I keep my music files on a 200 GB 7200 SATA Internal Hard Drive. Music files only.

My new laptop has a 320 GB 7200 SATA Hard Drive and a separate Hard Drive bay with a 200 GB 7200 SATA Hard Drive. I also have an external back I bring to each show.

I just want to keep all my current cue and automix points and BPMs.

Thanks for your advice. CM

Posted Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 6:43 pm
If you had saved the Virtual DJ Database file on an extension hard drive or a memory stick (copy-and-paste), you can just put it in the new laptop - transfer that the same way on to the new laptop - all your BPMs and so on should now be there - otherwise it can take several days to analyse all your files.

Posted Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 5:53 am
So first I install 5.2

My songs will already be on the new hard drive.

Then I just copy the database file from one laptop to another?

Is it the XLM file? Do I get rid of the old file or paste it on top? Do I save it as the same name or a different one?

Thanks for your help.

CM

Posted Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 12:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)