Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: hey vdj opening

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i have set a post in mac but no ans as yet.getting error when opening vdj skin 0% in xml.vdj wont open.anyone help please.jimmy normally does lol.and merry new year to ya all

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:06 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

I'm here mate, lol

Just try this, can you mate, Turn off or restart your PC and try and launch VirtualDJ again. I've had this problem a couple of times, and all I did was to restart my laptop.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:11 am
hi my saviour lol.ive triedi will again but.is there a way of changing skin before opening.on windows i used to just change display size then open reset skin then reverse.ahhh mac hurting my head lol.jimmy u ever visit dublin you can come sort my crap out free digs lol

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:16 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi

If this error persists it relates to corrupt registry and skin entries.

You should backup your cue points, databases ect from documents/virtualdj

You want to backup all of the XML files as this contains your personnel settings.

Then uninstall, then get a copy of the registry entry removal tool from the download section run this and reboot.

Then make a fresh install , replace your database and it should now be fine.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:19 am
is there a registry entry for mac and 5.2.1 version

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:26 am
djstaffy wrote :
jimmy u ever visit dublin you can come sort my crap out free digs lol

LMAO!!!!

No mate, but me and my girlfriends have always wanted to. Might take you up on the offer in the new year mate ;) lol

I think Simon may be right.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:28 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djstaffy wrote :
is there a registry entry for mac and 5.2.1 version

For mac you need to delete the preference library database.

Its located in HDD>Library > Preferences > com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist

This must be deleted, then drag the app to the trash and delete the VDJ folder in documents (backup the XMLS first!!)

Then install again this will give you a fresh start.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:33 am
no bother jim mate.have a batchelor pad on standby lol.so i need a fresh download of vdj.also how does the reg tool work and is it for mac

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:33 am
ok downloaded ne version all seems to be grand rmx skin working.but the registry download is it for mac and how does it work,have software called error smart on my windows which i run everytime i turn on my windows works grand

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:48 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No the registry download is for PC only.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 10:03 am
djstaffy wrote :
no bother jim mate.have a batchelor pad on standby lol.

Nice one mate. Would love dearly to sample a pint of Guiness, maybe a few, lol, in Dublin, I bet it's a awesome pint.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 10:08 am
its real over here.pulled 3/4of the way set then topped up and you got a creamy pint of goodness(until the next morning lol).

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 11:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)