Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pre-listening with Hercules RMX Urgent! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Dear DJ colleagues,

I have a RMX linked to my VDJ. Output channels used on RMX desk are 3-4 and on the sound set up config tab on VDJ is Master Channel 3-4 and headphones 1-2. Through the headphone I only hear the song that is currently playing and I can't pre-listen the next song. As I've got a gig tomorrow can someone help me please? Thank you very much in advance!!

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 3:24 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Isn't it suppose to be the other way around

Master output 1&2
Headphones 3&4

When I use my RMX, I have the Sound setup as above

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 3:26 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@ johan45333333, why change the original format to that configuration... follow jimmys advice, go to bottom window and change back to original settings.

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 7:28 pm
Master output 1&2
Headphones 3&4

should be the default, and still you should be able to use ur headphones both for previewing (only in ur headphones and never on any of the decks) and for cueing (depending on which deck you have selected for cueing)

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 7:45 pm
also i use asio mode and seems to work better for me than the rmx option (of course if ur a mac user this is not possible)

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 7:46 pm
I use mine the picture above with 1&2 output and 3&4 headphone but the sound card I user Asio selected from the drop down. It's the bottom one on my list.

Jeff

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 10:09 pm
The reason why I chose this set up is the following. In the 3-4 master and 1-2 headphones I only hear the correct track when the cross fader is completely to one or the other side. When choosing 1-2 master and 34- headphones I slightly still hear the other song when the crossfader is completely righ or left. Also in the 'normal' master 1-2 and headphone 3-4 set up I can not pre-listen. I am in Asio mode.
Any further advice guys? Many thanks,

Johan

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 3:15 am
are you using 5.2.1 and have you all the latest updates from hercules

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 3:18 am
yes I am using version 5.2.1 from VDJ and Hercules 3.HDJS.2008.

I saw on the website from Hercules that there is an upgrade to version 4, perhaps this might do the trick?

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 5:10 am
have you followed jimmys jpg above and are you using the cue buttons

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 5:15 am
thanks for your help, i really appreciate. Could you let me know what you mean by 'using the cue buttons'?

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 5:20 am
back shortly setting up my unit

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 5:37 am
sorry Johan had to take a couple of calls, anyway use this set up and tell me how it works, it's the same as Jimmys above

make sure the rmx is connected before you open vdj

go to config and open sound set up

inputs > none

outputs > headphones

soundcard(s) > dj console rmx

apply eq > leave blank

output channels > master chan 1&2 / headphones chan 3&4

now with your headphones in the top socket if you start a tune off in the left deck you should hear it ok, now put a tune on your right deck and hit play, only that tune on the right deck should be heard if it's not adjust your cue button (2nd left from the headphone socket) completely anti clockwise.

let me know the outcome please...

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 6:25 am
Hi Tayla, thank you so much for your support. I'll only be able to try it later this afternoon (still some work to finish) but I'll keep you updated within +/- 1h. Thanks again.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 6:40 am
no problems Johan just hope we can get it sorted for you in time...

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:00 am
tayla wrote :

your cue button (2nd left from the headphone socket) completely anti clockwise.

Monitor Knob ;)

Should be set to "Cue" If it set to mix or just off then you will here the track from the other deck in your headphones.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:02 am
tested it as described and what I hear is dependent on where the crossfader is. So when I load the first song, and hit play, I hear this song. When I load a new song and hit play I still hear the first song, unless I shift the cross fader to the right. The cue knob of the headphone is completely left at cue position. So, bottomline is that I only hear the mix and not the cue. All other parameters are as previously described except that I still need to upgrade from Hercules3 version to 4.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:09 am

Well I would try the latest Drivers (2008_HDJS_4). See if that helps.

Also in VirtualDJ what have you got set for the Auto Cue and Auto Headphones option's (Config>Options tab)

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:16 am
have you got your volume levels set the same for both decks

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:18 am
You could also the RMX control panel, and set like this (if it not already)

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:24 am
87%