Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: software installation

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

tech126Home userMember since 2008
I tried the searching on then forums but found no answer..

When I purchase VDJ pro, can I download/install it on 2 computers??

I have a Mac and also a PC.. I mainly use my Mac for my gigs but also have the PC as a backup computer just in case things go bad..

If not, do I need to purchase 2 licenses??

thanks in advance..

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 12:43 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The EULA agreement you accept when you purchase allows installation on up to two computers.

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 12:50 pm
tech126Home userMember since 2008
THANKS!!!!

Thats all I need to know..

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 12:52 pm
what about a third one?
I use two for my setups live, but I want to have it installed in my desktop where i do most of my work at home.

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 7:29 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
PsychoMantis23 wrote :
what about a third one?
I use two for my setups live, but I want to have it installed in my desktop where i do most of my work at home.

You would need another license pack however it seems you can use a Virtual DJ pro key to "upgrade" at the checkout for a very cheap price.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 5:33 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
PsychoMantis23 wrote :
what about a third one?

U would need another license as simon stated and afaik LE edition only permit to one computer and not two.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 6:03 am
i am one that finds license agreement not fair to the consumer. Now saying that I am aware as to what they are and I do follow them but still. I feel if software is purchased I should be able to do with what i please. Senerio: load on my desktop, my lap top and my back up laptop. But that is not possible with the current agreement. Sure buy another license but as a consumer what do I actually get out of that. The ability to run on a third computer? Honestly from a consumers view that is not worth the extra cost. No matter how many computers, i own .that I choose to load software, I purchased, on the company does not lose money. I would be the only one using the software so it's not like the company is losing out on users.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:04 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
An additional (2 PC) serial for the software if you choose upgrade is 49$

The logic behind the license is that it really should be for one DJ.

Some times large companies try to purchase a single license for all of their DJS or people share a license.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 9:32 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The upgrade prices start at $49 -- they vary based on which product you upgrade from.

spinnaJ wrote :
PsychoMantis23 wrote :
what about a third one?

U would need another license as simon stated and afaik LE edition only permit to one computer and not two.

All licensing is for 2 PC installs.

sirkitbreaker wrote :
i am one that finds license agreement not fair to the consumer. Now saying that I am aware as to what they are and I do follow them but still. I feel if software is purchased I should be able to do with what i please. Senerio: load on my desktop, my lap top and my back up laptop. But that is not possible with the current agreement. Sure buy another license but as a consumer what do I actually get out of that. The ability to run on a third computer? Honestly from a consumers view that is not worth the extra cost. No matter how many computers, i own .that I choose to load software, I purchased, on the company does not lose money. I would be the only one using the software so it's not like the company is losing out on users.

License protects and provides a company a way to combat piracy and illegal distributions of their product. If you keep the product to yourself and do not 'publicly' disclose the product to others using your information (license/serial/key) then it simply becomes a MORAL issue that you must contend with and you staying honest to the license agreement that was provided and agreed to when you installed the product.

I am not advocating people perform in such actions ... but unfortunately there are people that do this day-in day-out with all types of software ... are they wrong - Yes. Just be honest to yourself and do the right thing. Also, most companies don't give you the luxury of our license where we allow 2 system. 99.9% of the license agreements are PER system ... and there are even more commercial grade applications that have licensing based on PER CPU -- image the Quad Core users! 4 Licenses just to run a multi-core compliant application!

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 9:59 am
cstoll wrote :
T
sirkitbreaker wrote :

License protects and provides a company a way to combat piracy and illegal distributions of their product. If you keep the product to yourself and do not 'publicly' disclose the product to others using your information (license/serial/key) then it simply becomes a MORAL issue that you must contend with and you staying honest to the license agreement that was provided and agreed to when you installed the product.

I am not advocating people perform in such actions ... but unfortunately there are people that do this day-in day-out with all types of software ... are they wrong - Yes. Just be honest to yourself and do the right thing. Also, most companies don't give you the luxury of our license where we allow 2 system. 99.9% of the license agreements are PER system ... and there are even more commercial grade applications that have licensing based on PER CPU -- image the Quad Core users! 4 Licenses just to run a multi-core compliant application!

you know i am one of those rare honest people:) I dont plan on running vdj on more than two units....to be exact i removed it from my desktop once i got my second laptop. I have art and animation software with stricter agreements than VDJ and i follows those too. Just venting on sometimes i wish they was a better way. I am even the guy that sends the paypal payment to the 'pay if you like it' software. Honestly i have to say the one thing VDJ does is has my files and instalations to download ...i needed to wipe my hard drive and looking for install disk a serial numbers sucks....but i was able to just log in and download both software and serial. thanks :)

ok after saying all that i realized my serial is not available to download. how do i get my pro serial again??

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 10:11 am
thanks for all this info, this is def good to know, its a set back to pay for more than 2 pcs (specially if i only need a 3rd one) but i do see where you guys come from
thanks again!

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 2:46 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
cstoll wrote :

spinnaJ wrote :
PsychoMantis23 wrote :
what about a third one?

All licensing is for 2 PC installs.

Ohh... that's good to hear;)

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 4:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)