Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ portable version?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Has any1 heard of a version of virtual dj that u can put on flash drive and will function on any computer u connect it with without any installation required? A Friend of mine has this version and it works flawlessly!!!

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 1:14 am
It's a simple task but in the case of Virtual DJ, illegal.

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 1:34 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Modified, reversed engineered, another name for CRACK...in short ILLEGAL.

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 4:16 am
So you couldn't just install it to the flash drive then?

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 4:51 am
Fair enough, I've got a laptop I take to all my gigs anyway.

But it's an interesting thought to turn up at a club with just an external hard drive with all your tunes on and a version of vdj that opens straight off the drive.

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 5:12 am
How would it run & load settings without being in the registry of the host pc?

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 5:53 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
andytaylor125 wrote :
Fair enough, I've got a laptop I take to all my gigs anyway.

But it's an interesting thought to turn up at a club with just an external hard drive with all your tunes on and a version of vdj that opens straight off the drive.

...and of course you'd be confident in the setup of that machine, it's audio drivers and how well it works with VDJ right?

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me ;)

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 8:16 am
Did my post got deleted?

Looks like I stepped in somebodys toes!

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 8:00 pm
Dj Chachi wrote :
Did my post got deleted?

Looks like I stepped in somebodys toes!

you might not have been 'deleted' per say, but you could have been moderated (all forums have their rules)

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 8:38 pm
That's true, think there'd be quite a few people complaining on the forums! Lol. Think it's best not to take this idea any further then!

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 2:57 am
Your post was raised for the Mods and Teamers to check out.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 3:51 am
Its not that I would use it anyway but just an interesting idea. Maybe something the developers might want to contemplate.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 4:03 am
Ok, no problem at all. Any way I don't think I said anything out of the ordinary and I don't want to start a debate on something that has no use to me.

I'm a registered user and I'm proud of it, is the moral thing to do, and Y'all know what I'm talking about.

Hope this doesn't get moderated.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 5:33 am
discobrian24 wrote :
Your post was raised for the Mods and Teamers to check out.

What post, mine or djreventon 2007?

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 5:35 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The situation is this ... the method mentioned is not something we would prefer a user to use in order to run VirtualDJ. There is nothing illegal about using a product to make an application more portable

-- HOWEVER -- You do so at your own risk and without support. And if utilized in a manner that violates our license agreement the user is subject to the same recourse as someone found sharing their serial.

Now, with that said; the information provided on what to use and how to use it is something that the basic user does not need to know ... this is to protect users and not to deprive users. The posts were leveled to Experienced Pro Users for that reason.

Chris

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 7:42 am
me i like a surprise .... just use a machine with unknown virus protection , drivers ,ram , video card , any ol operating system , what the heck

live a little .... er i mean l'il

use this for a nom de voyage ......... DJ FEMA

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 8:58 am
@Cstoll

I understand perfectly clear, and I vouch for what you are saying. IMO I rather have everything running from my system, this way there are no unknown variables that can make something go wrong.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 9:05 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dj Chachi wrote :
@Cstoll

I understand perfectly clear, and I vouch for what you are saying. IMO I rather have everything running from my system, this way there are no unknown variables that can make something go wrong.

Exactly Chachi ... agree 100%

Posted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 10:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)