Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Switching from serato to VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

A Dj associate who regularly uses serato woked with me last night and used my VDJ so he could do videos...he was really impressed, but he likes using the cdj's to control it like he does with serato.

If he buys VDJ can he use his existing serato interface and TCV_Cds? If not what does he need to buy and what will it cost hime to use the cdjs to control VDJ as he does serato?

Posted Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 3:00 pm
nice one ;)

Always welcome here

yes, he can use his Serato soundcard and timecode with VDJ

Posted Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 3:10 pm
heres the question, does the same setup work on a mac?

Posted Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 3:40 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Quote :

yes, he can use his Serato soundcard and timecode with VDJ

Nice! but why VV box is not possible in reverse, e.g VV sound card / TCV w/ SSL?

Posted Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 5:45 pm
if you are using a MAC... then you CAN'T use the Serato SL-1 Soundcard.

Posted Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 7:20 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
he can if he uses the mac through bootcamp.

Posted Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 11:02 am
thats what i thought, the guy im trying to convert uses a mac, i used his serato box and noise map with only a minor glitch (gotta turn the silence up a bit after the scratch logo starts being transmited by the scratchamp) i've advised him to get virtual vynil. he thought the software was was way ahead and woundered why theres not more hoo har about virtual dj

Posted Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 1:06 pm
I'm new to the VDJ & also have been looking to do the switch from Serato to VDJ. Upon hearing that the SSL Box doesn't work on the Mac version didn't really want to spend another $400+ on new software & interfaces. Its good to know that the SSL Box can be used by running VDJ using bootcamp. Makes my decision to switch that much more easier.

Thank you

Posted Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 1:30 pm

Bootcamp will work fine..
Even paralell maybe, but bootcamp is genuine windows on mac .. running just as a PC ..

Support at native mac for the serato box might come though.

Until then, both the serato box, and serato timecode, will work fine on a PC, or mac running bootcamp :)

Posted Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 2:03 pm
The Serato sound card works excellent with VDJ, as for the vinyl's they also work really good, the only thing is that you have to rise the pitch a bit, Serato TCV's play a little slower on VDJ.

Posted Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 12:41 am
I'm using M-Audio conectiv sound card with Virtualdj 5.2.1 with the Serato TCV version 2. It works supper great. I did had some issues using TCV; bad needles and bended TCV.

By the way the Serato TCV version 2 works far better than virtualdj's TCV, at least for me. About the TCCD I got nothing to say, no experience, I'm a vinyl kind of guy.

Posted Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 9:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)