Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DVD Decrypter Questions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Have been a while since last time I used DVD Decrypter. Now I that my dvds collection has rise, I wanna to rip them to play some videos in VDJ. Last time that I used it, it worked flawless. But last night I tried to rip some dvds and only the first chapter got rip. I have selected all chapters but only the fist one was converted succesfully. Does anyone have an idea whats wrong? I tried several dvds and same result.

Other question:
I have ripped almost a year ago lots of dvds, but 2 of them, plays fine in any media player (win MP, MP Classic, winamp, etc), but in VDJ the sound is terrible, sound like pink noise, and/or like the pitch at -80%. I dont know how to fix this in VDJ. Anybody does have an idea of what can I do?

Thanks!

Posted Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 11:14 pm
anyone?

Or any other software that you recommend to rip your DVDs without lossing quality?

Posted Thu 11 Dec 08 @ 11:58 am
Open DVD decrypter
Set mode to file
Click Tools... Settings
Go to IFO MODE tab
under Options -
File Splitting - by Chapter

That should pretty much do the trick

Any more issues give me a shout

Posted Thu 11 Dec 08 @ 7:53 pm
Click my name to the left and check out the tutorial in my blog.

Posted Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 4:44 am
Thanks guys for answering... But I did that before posting. I also uninstalled and reinsalled DVD Decrypter, and check and uncheck all the options in the tutorial... same thing. I will try it tonight with other dvds and/or in other PC and will post results. Thanks.

Posted Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 9:43 am
In some rare occasions, ripping non standard disks, it may be that each track you have is a different file as opposed to chapters within a single vob file, in that case you may have better luck ripping in file mode.

Posted Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 9:45 am
BINGO! You're right. I just tried with other DVDs and worked flawless. Anyway, I will split the chapters manually with Pinnacle Studio 11 on those DVDs.
Thanks Tophat, you're the man!

Now I just have to find whay other 2 DVDs doesnt play audio in VDJ but play very well in any other media player.

Posted Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 11:19 pm
I have found the same thing some DVD production, like 20th century dvd's. I notice that no matter how I split it up it seams to put distortion in the audio but the video is perfect.

Posted Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 12:16 am
Yes, those two DVDs still doesnt play audio in VDJ, but in any other media player played fine. One of them is a Shakira tour and the other is another concert from a latin singer, Luis Miguel.

Anybody knows why this happening?

Next weekend will try another freeware or trial version of other ripper just to know results.

Posted Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 11:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)