Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A little Disapointing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was asked by a friend of mine to help him sort out his mobile setup yesterday. And as he takes every opertunity to rub my face in his very impressive set up, I thought i would get some revenge.

After sorting out his amp problem and getting his system up to around 4k I decided to break out the tcv's and show him what was what.

He was mightily impressed for around 2 minutes, until all the sound quality went to shit, it was so bad i couldn't make out the track.

So I tried a normal vinyl and everything was perfect.

I was using my laptop and my soundcard, the only difference was his TT's (vestax sexiness)

I gave it a quick reboot and all seemed well for about 30 seconds.

same problem.

while I know it works fine on my system, I didnt see any reason it shouldn't work on his as the only difference were the turntables. Which shouldnt cause a problem should it?

So in short, after blowing smoke about how superior VDJ is over carrying around 4 bags of vinyl and telling him this would kick hiss set up's ass, I was left laughed at and starting to agree with him.

How am I supposed to have confidence in VDJ if so far i can only get it to work at home? What happens when I get gigs at places I have to use there turntables?

Posted Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 2:34 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It also have to do with the cartridge.

Posted Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 3:41 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
spinnaJ wrote :
It also have to do with the cartridge.

I would agree with spinnaJ,

The carts are very important when it comes to using TCV's.

Posted Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 6:39 am
WOW.... guess you learn something new everyday mon....pity you found this out is in such a way. VDJ you said yourself i worked fine for you.....

Posted Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 6:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)