Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Best Way To Control Lights

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have three light, only one of which has DMX capabilities. What is the best way to control them? I would rather not have three electrical cords running from the lights stand to the switch in my console. Any ideas? I've looked around for lighting tutorials in the past, but have yet to find any. I am not well-versed in lighting and I'd like to be. Thanks.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 1:53 am
Go all dmx and get a light controller then you can program your lights.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 8:26 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
With only three lights, something like this might be best for you. It is simple to set up and easy to use and is DMX compatible..

Posted Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 8:30 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DeeJay EL wrote :
I have three light, only one of which has DMX capabilities. What is the best way to control them? I would rather not have three electrical cords running from the lights stand to the switch in my console. Any ideas? I've looked around for lighting tutorials in the past, but have yet to find any. I am not well-versed in lighting and I'd like to be. Thanks.

3 lights is not that much with 3 cables also but controlling 15 or more lights not DMX compatible is a headache.
I don't know what are your capabilities with regards to electronics but me i DIY it.
I used the frequencies from my old handheld radio with receivers at the other end. Each one has it's specific frequency that will activate the circuitry and so with the relays. As you can imagine having a remote control in your hand. With this, wiring are not messy and a bit medium tech.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 9:11 am
the truth is out there. I have a usb to dmx that cost only 30$ and then used sunsuit free additon to run it. worked afer seting up the codes.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 3:46 pm
tycoonentertainmentcanada wrote :
the truth is out there. I have a usb to dmx that cost only 30$ and then used sunsuit free additon to run it. worked afer seting up the codes.

Is it possible you can provide a link to both? Thanks

Posted Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 1:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)