Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: song search question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

On a few occassions when I search for a song I forget to type for example the comma so the song title "I, You, Me" won't display in the search. Is there any way to fix this in this version or can it be implemented in a future version where I can type "I You Me" and have it show up? Back in the days of Final Scratch I was able to search without symbols... Many people don't, know when and, where to put a comma, when doing a search or is it just me,??

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 10:42 pm
Should I have posted this elsewhere?? I assume there is no way to avoid typing commas or symbols in a song search...

Posted Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 2:31 pm
Do like I do, Whenever your not sure of a spelling or punctuation, just use an asterick example I*YOU*ME. Now whether there are commas or not you will get a result!!! ;)

Another example when I use astericks Mar*Manson sure fire way to spell marilyn manson

or If your looking for Lil' Kim or Lil Wayne

Lil*Wayne, Lil*Kim, that will give you results with and without the apostrophes

Posted Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 1:37 pm
Ya, I already do that... I would like to see a day where you don't need to use symbols or commas at all. Doesn't seem up to todays technology standards to have to put an * between each word in a search. I did that back in the 90s... Most of the time when I'm not sure I just type one of the names of the artist or 1-2 words in the song title that I can spell. When I buy new songs and add them to my database the last thing I do is study where the commas are in the song title.

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 3:18 pm
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Quote :
"Doesn't seem up to todays technology standards"

Neither does your hair. LMAO

(Sorry Frank I could not resist)

Posted Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 4:18 pm
That's actually a real picture of me at my wedding 26 years ago... OK, I really did have a "FRO" but I photoshopped it larger for a Disco Nite poster I made for one of my bar gigs. I actually laugh at my Tux color everytime I see the pic or poster. I can't believe I wore something that colour... sooo tacky!

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 5:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)